Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lemar Marshall

kreitmaster

He stepped up and played well this year, hitting hard and making that huge interception in Philadelphia. Unfortunately, I think this guy would make a better backup MLB and would really struggle at OLB as I've seen a few people suggest. He had all kinds of issues covering TEs and people in space. What do you think?

I think you're all full of sh#@, because he was really one of the guys on the field making plays. Yes he is undersized, but he could play any position on that Defense. And those plays where he got beat by a TE he was suppose to get help from the Safety. I can't believe that this is even a post. He played the position better than Trotter ever did for us. He always found the ball, I think you'll need to actually watch the games.:logo::logo::logo:

I think you're all full of sh#@, because he was really one of the guys on the field making plays. Yes he is undersized, but he could play any position on that Defense. And those plays where he got beat by a TE he was suppose to get help from the Safety. I can't believe that this is even a post. He played the position better than Trotter ever did for us. He always found the ball, I think you'll need to actually watch the games.:logo::logo::logo:

dude, dont get me wrong, i have all the love in the world for that guy, it was just a little to easy for him to step right in and become a pro-bowl caliber player man.....also...Trotter wasnt playin in this defense...with this team...

Have no fear, i REALLY like him in there and yes i am a lot more confident with him playing but you do have to agree that Williams' schemes are very intelligent and arent based on physical ability

im gonna have to agree with this guy.....

Thanks man. Powhatan, sorry if I offended you. I watched the games, and I thought Marshall did a very good job. Thank you for pointing out that when he got beat by a TE it was not his fault.

damn kid, have a backbone, if you don't like Marshall's play, then say so, don't start apologizing just because someone disagrees with you on here

and for the record, I think Marshall played great this season (did he not lead the team in tackles?)

He stepped up and played well this year, hitting hard and making that huge interception in Philadelphia. Unfortunately, I think this guy would make a better backup MLB and would really struggle at OLB as I've seen a few people suggest. He had all kinds of issues covering TEs and people in space. What do you think?

I think you are right. He doesnt seem to put our defense in position alot of the times and I dont hear his name mentioned this year as much as I heard Peirces last year.

I may be wrong because we were hurting with injuries this year on defense. :)

He is a bit undersized because he was a safety in college. Your comment on he can' cover TEs is flat out wrong. He is probably the best of our LB corp in coverage, where he struglles is against the run. He made a couple plays to break up passes downfield that were amazing and almost made plays downfield against the likes of Jerry Porter.

Actually last year Marshall played well filling in for Arrington as an OLB. He did an excellent job this year in a new position and will only improve next year.

How do threads like this get started? Marshall was a GREAT MLB. Look at his stats. He's right up there with Marcus Washington. He was one of very best linebackers in the entire ****ing league! He tied the team in interceptions and tied the team in defensive TDs. On top of that, his mind was working on overtime not just on every play, but BETWEEN every play, getting his signals from GW, and calling the package in the defensive huddle. He knew everything he had to do, and he knew everything every other defensive player had to do, every play, every situation. And he did not have one bad game! What else do you want him to do???

are you kidding me lamar was great this year. always in the right place at the right time. plus greg williams wants a mlb who can cover and who is better suited for that then an ex-db.

He is a bit undersized because he was a safety in college. Your comment on he can' cover TEs is flat out wrong. He is probably the best of our LB corp in coverage, where he struglles is against the run. He made a couple plays to break up passes downfield that were amazing and almost made plays downfield against the likes of Jerry Porter.

Kind of funny you mention that he was a safety in college. So was Brian Urlacher and I doubt anyone would say he is too small. I am guessing if he puts on about 20 pounds he will be just fine. Looking at their stats Marshall is 2 inches shorter but only 25 pounds lighter. I personally think Marshall did a really good job and I hope that he will remain here for a long time.

Archived