Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What current supergroup did you see before they blew-up?

Thanos

I saw the Red Hot Chilli Peppers in 1984 at the Ontario Theater in DC open for a group called General Public.They were crazy then.

Others:

R.E.M open for the Police in 83

Prince open for Rick James 1980

Mary J. Blige & TLC open for Bobby Brown/Shabba Ranks in 1992:mad:

Destiny's Child open for Boys II Men

Interesting question.Old Trafford was old but seemed to have undergone a wonderful renovation.The only difference I saw outside of the asthetics were the rather limited parking.Not sure if Manchester had a tram/railline, but there may have been spaces for about ten thoudsand cars or so.

also alot of the teams history was there at the stadium( FA,CL cups).Where in the states those trappings tend to be at team headquarters.I read the new stadium being built for Arsenal is going to be real nice. :cheers:

sorry but supergroups to me are pink floyd, yes , the whooooooooooo and zeppelin none of the above are supergroups ok give you rem

Lots actually.

I was at that REM/Police show as well.

My best though was seeing Nine Inch Nails in a bar in Charlottesville open for The Jesus and Mary Chain. Every jaw in the audience was open and stunned. They absolutely rocked the house.

I also saw Metallica open for Ozzy, but they were already pretty huge

Other than that-

Pearl Jam on the 2nd Lalapalooza.

Creed at a tiny dive in Atlanta

Hooty, Dave Matthews et al while in college at nowhere bars.

sorry but supergroups to me are pink floyd, yes , the whooooooooooo and zeppelin none of the above are supergroups ok give you rem

You need to remove the WHO's name from that list england.They've been on that Farewell Tour since 1982.:2cents:

I had the pleasure of attending concerts by Emerson, Lake and Palmer; Led Zeppelin and Frank Zappa, none of which are currently extant. ELP at the Capitol Center blew the roof off, with a quad system that was louder than LOUD. The Led Zeppelin concert was magical. The band was about an hour or so late flying in from NY. When Paige hit the stage, the entire place was holding up lit lighters....he later remarked it was the best experience he had had on a concert stage.

Back in 1983, I saw U2 at Chrysler Hall in Norfolk, Virginia, which held about 3,000 or so people

Cool side note: about 4 or 5 years ago, when John Stewart was hosting the Grammies, he introduced U2 by commenting that when he was a student at William & Mary, he saw them at the very same show I did

Archived