Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's an UNPOPULAR OPINION (but probably true)...

smartestmaninamerica

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Should we have beaten Seattle? Yes. Were we completely screwed by the Refs? Yes. Could we beat Carolina if we were playing them in the NFC Championship?

No.

Why? Carolina, IMHO is playing like a COMPLETE TEAM right now. Their offense ran up almost 500 yards against the BEST DEFENSE in the NFL and made it look easy doing it. They are fast, fast and fast. They would have gotten more if not for that total miss by the zebras on the pass interference in the end zone :doh:

Regardless, we are good enough to be in the NFC championship, but we are not yet a complete enough team to beat Carolina (the way they are playing now).

In my honest opinion, Carolina will DESTROY Seattle (it will be an embarrassment that I will enjoy) and will face and defeat Denver in the Super Bowl.

BTW, I'm NOT a Carolina fan (HATE those light blue uniforms), but I do like good football and those guys are fun to watch.

Good question; I voted no. They are a more complete team and there coach is something special.

I agree. You know what I thought as I watched Carolina playing Chicago?

I thought, God, this is a WELL-COACHED team. Smart, aggressive, never playing it safe, going for the juglar.

I honestly could not guess what play was coming next on offense.

Good players, well coached, hard to beat right now.

The # 1 thing that gets on my nerves about the 'Skins coaching is the underlying "play-it-safe-at-all-costs" mentality.

I mean, how many times did Brunell either thow the ball away or not even throw it at all and run out of bounds on 3rd down? You got the feeling that unless it was wide open, he wasn't gonna throw it. I mean, hell man, throw the rock!

It's good not to throw picks, but geesh, you gotta play to win.

We were completely screwed by the refs in Seattle? I guess I missed that memo from the main office.

That said, we could certainly have given Carolina a fight.

hey Dan, I guess you were watching a different game than me. Seattle wasn't called for holding until the 4th QUARTER! This while there was blatant mugging going on on a regular basis.

Anyway, that is so obviosu its not worth arguing about.

hey Dan, I guess you were watching a different game than me. Seattle wasn't called for holding until the 4th QUARTER! This while there was blatant mugging going on on a regular basis.

We were mugging them too. Don't kid yourself. The refs let the lines play in that game. It was just a shame that when they did finally start calling it they called it on Washington. If they had left well enough alone the whole game I would even excuse Locklear's 3 blatant holds on Seattle's first TD drive.

I gotta agree, I actually felt better after watching carolina beat up on chicago. We had the opportunity to beat Seattle and in many ways should have, but in our current state with so many players beat up, we just would not have beaten Carolina. I believe right now they are a much more solid and much more consistent team when compared to Seattle.

This is starting to get ridiculous. The refs did not screw us in the Seattle game. The first TB game, yes. The Denver game, probably. Seattle, NO!

We lost that game on our own. I didn't see an excessive amount of holding. It was happening, but it was happening on our end too.

You're in denial. Give it up man. Stop blaming everyone except our team.

It was a great season, but it's over now...

I beleive we just didn't have enough offense at the end of the year. Not really sure what happened there but we just weren't clicking at all. I think loosing David Patten early on in the season really hurt. I was excited to see what he would have brought to the table. We really needed someone to take some of the pressure off Santana at the end there. Love what Cooley brings! Taylor? Anyhow, I strongly beleive Gibbs will create an offense to be reckoned with before his term is over. GO SKINS! TJH

This is starting to get ridiculous. The refs did not screw us in the Seattle game. The first TB game, yes. The Denver game, probably. Seattle, NO!

We lost that game on our own. I didn't see an excessive amount of holding. It was happening, but it was happening on our end too.

whatever :doh:

Its a long season and Brunell is definitely no spring chicken but if he was throwing the ball like he was at the beginning season we could take anybody in the NFC. That being said I think this team reached its potential and with a banged up O we went as far as we could.

Oh yeah and when I saw Cory Raymer at RG I knew we we're doomed.

Steve Smith would abuse a not-100% Shawn Springs and a still-learning Carlos Rogers. We could put Taylor on him, but he'd still find ways to get open. The man is unstoppable. However, I'm not sure they could get much of a run game going with Foster being done for the year...I just don't see Nick Goings putting up a ton of yards on our defense.

Plus...if Seattle shut down our offense, Carolina most definitely would. However some people would be smiling because I think Peppers and Bruckner would answer a lot of people's prayers by taking Brunell out. (*coughGhostcough*)

There were a few plays in which the holding was extremely blatant, most notably on the long completion to Jurevicious (IIRC) and Hasselbeck scramble for a TD. Two huge plays that could have changed the game.

However, as has been said millions of times, we can't leave it up to the refs!!! We had our opportunities, and didn't take advantage of them. Besides, the refs hadn't been calling holding on the opposing offenses all season...why would they start now???

Archived