Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Broncos have shut everyone up this year

Westbrook36

I remember back in the preseason, there was not a more criticized team than the Broncos by your average NFL fan and the media. Remember? Signing the underachieving D-Line of the Browns. Letting A Gibbs go to Atlanta the year before. Clarett in the 3rd.

People were actually saying this is the year that time would run out on Shanahan and he'd get axed.

Now, with 4 teams remaining, it's safe to say they have shut everyone up. The old Browns DL has performed MUCH BETTER than anyone thought as part of a great rotation they have. They are simply, the most complete team left standing at this point.

I see them winning the SB. After the season, once they have won the SB, they then have 2 first round picks. The rich get richer.

Well you have to give them credit for giving Shanny the time to build things as he has seen fit in the post Elway years. For a little while there it was looking like the Broncos were just around to be the Colts whipping boy but they have molded into an impressive team. I'm really hoping they don't win though because of the whole Champ thing not to mention I have a nephew who is a Bronco fan and will be insufferable.

even if they lose, with the season they've had, i think westbrook is right. they have proven the critics wrong.

westbrook was wrong on one thing, though....you know the media criticized the 'skins more than the broncos. i guess it's just so common that you can't even count it when comparing amounts of received criticism.

Coaching and good QB's are what seperate teams in the Salary Cap era IMO. The fact that Shanahan and the Broncos do it with Plummer makes it even more impressive. I think the Broncos have really gotten better in Shanahan's tenure of evaluating talent as well, or maybe it's that if you keep the same staff together and develop continuity(not a slap skins fans)and stay out of salary cap trouble, your chances for success greatly improve.

Coaching and good QB's are what seperate teams in the Salary Cap era IMO. The fact that Shanahan and the Broncos do it with Plummer makes it even more impressive. I think the Broncos have really gotten better in Shanahan's tenure of evaluating talent as well, or maybe it's that if you keep the same staff together and develop continuity(not a slap skins fans)and stay out of salary cap trouble, your chances for success greatly improve.

You have a point about the Coaching staff and keeping continuity . However the Bronco's don't manage thier cap as well as you might think, They are currently projected to be 26 million over next year. Of course nobody is projecting them to be in cap hell

cot damn, Jake "The Mistake" sure does get paid a lot of money to be a running QB with no pocket passing ability

and that defense? pathetic

no matter how many offseasons that team has, they cannot fix that secondary, they can still not rush the QB

they are a regular season team and nothing more

Archived