Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cheaptickets.com screwed me..

Westbrook36

:rant:

1. In October, I bought tickets from cheaptickets.com for Hawaii to Vegas, Vegas to Philly, Philly to Hawaii starting this Friday.

2. I was checking my reservation online a few weeks ago and realized it wasn't an E-ticket, but a paper ticket.

3. Never receiving a paper ticket, I call cheaptickets.com.

4. They tell me they sent them out and since I opted for USPS rather then Fedex, there was no confirmation of me receiving tickets.

5. I say, "Of course there is no comfirmation, I never recieved them." They say, "Well, we sent them." I say "I'm the consumer. I bought a product. The product was never delivered. What are you going to do for me?"

6. They tell me my only option is to fill out a missing ticket claim through USAir. There is a 100 dollar nonrefundable charge to fill out this claim. I again explain to cheaptickets.com that it's not my responsibility to pay this fee. After speaking to supervisor after supervisor, I realize that they are going to do nothing for me but to tell me to go screw myself.

7. I call USAir to tell them how a company selling their tickets screwed me and see if they could either help me or apply pressure on cheaptickets.com. They tell me this is a cheaptickets.com matter and "they are just using our airplane" for the transaction. Amazing.

8. I attempt to fill out a missing ticket claim. **** it, what choice do I have? I then find out this is a nonrefundable ticket so I am only applying to receive credit to buy another ticket. Translation: I'd have to pay 100 dollars PLUS THE COST OF A NEW TICKET at the time of filling out the claim. Once the claim went through, I'd receive a refund for the price of the new ticket. The new ticket was going to cost 1600 dollars since it was so close to the date of travel. I didn't feel like taking a 1700 dollar chance on two companies who have already showed a penchant for screwing me.

9. I contact cheaptickets.com and cancel my trip and tell them I plan on disputing the charge with my CC based off of no service received. Since they can't show that I received tickets, they get worried and tell me they will now pay the 100 dollar fee with USAir but I'd still have to pay for the new ticket until that fee got refunded. Yeah right.

10. I call my CC and attempt to dispute the charge. My CC said for documentation purposes, to call cheaptickets.com one more time and see if there is anything else they will do for me before I dispute.

11. I call and talk to a very helpful lady. She decides to do some research. After being on hold for about 40 minutes, she comes back and tells me that my tickets were sent to another distribution site for printing but it appears they were never printed and, thus, never mailed to me.

12. I talk to another supervisor who tells me he will apply for a refund of my 715 dollars and 58 cents but it has to be approved by yet another supervisor that I cannot talk to at this time. This can take up to a month.

13. I explain to this supervisor the enormous inconvenience their incompetence has been to me. I am in the military. I have to submit vacation time weeks in advance. I had to cancel this yearly family vacation because noone from their company would do the research. If I attempted to purchase the tickets again now, they would be over 2000 dollars. I ask again, what exactly are you going to do for me now that we established that this is 100 percent your mistake.

14. He says they will refund my 715 dollars and 58 cents and I can expect this money, hopefully, within the next month.

:rant:

I had a similar experience with hotels.com

I was in Jacksonville Florida and was planning on going to Orlando for a night, I reserved my room using hotels.com. Once I got to the hotel they had no record of my reservations. Plus the hotel I was at that I thought I had reservations for was now booked up completely.

The lady at the desk also did some research and found out that hotels.com had took it apon themselves to book me at the same hotel chain, just at a different location about 30 minutes away. That room was also lost because I wasn't there by check in time and they gave the room away.

All of these tickets and rooms for cheap websites seem to be pretty sketchy from stories i've heard.

Probably best to just stay away from them.

This is why I use a travel agent for all my travel. It is someone I know and if I have an issue? I can go to their office and talk to a person **gasp**

Sorry for your problem. Ever go to the best web page in the universe? someone named Maddox had a problem with orbitz. He laid the wood on that company.

If they have not sent them yet, why can't you get an e-ticket now?

I use cheaptickets.com all the time.

I, luckily, have never had a problem.

Blondie

Once the paper ticket is issued, it is like currency. Their problem of not being able to account for the paper ticket led to all this.

Getting tickets off the internet is usually the best option when dealing only with price. However, customer service and accountability leave something to be desired.

Once the paper ticket is issued, it is like currency. Their problem of not being able to account for the paper ticket led to all this.

Getting tickets off the internet is usually the best option when dealing only with price. However, customer service and accountability leave something to be desired.

Oh.

I thought since you said this:

11. I call and talk to a very helpful lady. She decides to do some research. After being on hold for about 40 minutes, she comes back and tells me that my tickets were sent to another distribution site for printing but it appears they were never printed and, thus, never mailed to me.
and they KNEW they were not printed, that maybe they could get you and eticket now.

Blondie

Westie,

try site59.com they specialize in last minute tickets for the next two weekends.

Does the military still allow personel to fly standby?

One other thing, try calling USair back one more time with your flight info and see if they have you listed in thier computer with a reservation, if so see if they would send you an itinerary. I'm a prefered member with usair, and

all I do at the airport is tell them name and flight number and they print me my bording passes, never had a problem with them.

I don't understand though I mean if your name and SSN are booked on the flight, could you go to the airport and up to the counter, give them your name and information, and they could just reprint tickets on the spot?

Surprisingly, no. Once tickets are issued, you must have those tickets to board, even if you have ID. They are like currency.

I'm not sure why but I bet it has to do with tickets being turned in and accounted for with the inevitable government bailouts that occur for certain airlines.

I didn't even know that airlines still issued paper-tickets. :whoknows:

I flew out of the country last year and got a paper ticket for that... but for domestic flights I don't think I've had a paper ticket in 10 years or more.

Good to know though... I will not be using cheaptickets.com, thats for sure.

For what it is worth... I've used Orbitz before and had very good luck.

I've used cheaptickets.com and never had a problem. I've also used Orbitz and never had a problem with them, either. Its a risk you take going with the "cheaper" dealers. That sucks that they effed up your trip though man...bastages.

A friend of mine got screwed royally by Airtran...don't ever fly them.

Archived