Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quote from MVP Alexander

Boots

Have/Would you bring your significant other to a strip club with you?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Have/Would you bring your significant other to a strip club with you?

• Yes please
    • No thank you

“I looked up and saw Matt on the scoreboard (video screen),” he said. “And I looked down the bench and saw all the linemen gone. I said, ’Did I get knocked out?’ Shaun Alexander.

Yes!...Yes you did get your punk ***** knocked out! To bad we still lost the game, but I hope our D plays with the same fire next year.:cheers:

HTTR

Alexander is a great back. He rushed for 1,800 yards and scored 28 tds. Give it a rest. he got knocked out of a game due to a concussion. Same thing happened to Joe Montana in the Meadowlands and nobody questioned his toughness or ability to play the game.

Yeah, a knee to the back of the head while a player is down on the ground is a great thing to be proud of and try to emulate next year.

your making it sound like it was a cheap shot, the D just knocked him out..

he was running scared anyway..

the other running was hitting the holes much harder and faster.

Yeah, a knee to the back of the head while a player is down on the ground is a great thing to be proud of and try to emulate next year.

Surely you are not implying that was a dirty hit by Pro Bowl LB Marcus Washington.... who was diving to tackle Alexander AS he was going down!

If you are, then you haven't watch any football in your life.

there is a fine line between good and evil and I believe you crossed it.

Making fun of backs not running so hard after getting hit - good.

Making fun of receivers getting Aligator Arms - good.

Making fun of a player losing consciousness - evil.

hmm, maybe it's not so fine of a line after all.

What? I'm still tryng to figure out how he got hurt on that play, but I sure as hell didn't see any knees to the back of the head. If that's what happened then I'm sure it wasn't intentional, as everyone was just diving after him to make a tackle and try to force a fumble. If you notice in the replay, it's Skins players who immediately look to the sideline and signal for help. There was nothing dirty about that play, and every reasonable human knows that.

there is a fine line between good and evil and I believe you crossed it.

Making fun of backs not running so hard after getting hit - good.

Making fun of receivers getting Aligator Arms - good.

Making fun of a player losing consciousness - evil.

hmm, maybe it's not so fine of a line after all.

I see nothing evil in it at all! I wasn't making fun, I was trying to point out that the skins D play very physical, hard hitting football and that of the things that need to change in the offseason, I hope the intensity level of the defensive play isn't one of them. If that style of hard hitting play leaves a couple players seeing double for a while then great! If my commenting on a player feeling a bit wobly is to much for you than maybe it's time for you to change your tampon!!:rolleyes:

I don't think he was suggesting it was a dirty play he was taking offense to someone wanting the D to play with the same intensity and I think he mistook that for...let knock some more guys out. He never said anything about the play he just was equating the intensity with the Alexander play.

I didn't mean to imply it was intentional at all. It was an accident. An accident that should be avoided when possible, sort of like going at the knees on a QB in the pocket is something to be avoided when possible. What I'm saying it wasn't a 'great' defensive play that put Alexander out of the game. He was on the ground and as the play concluded a 'skins player (Washington?) came down and his knee hit the back/side of Alexanders head/neck. I don't think that is something that anyone who enjoys the game of football would like to see happen to any player at any time. Certainly not something that you would present as an example of a great play for others to emulate.

People have been saying Alexander is 'soft' for years. He's a big back that has patience in the backfield, great vision, elusive moves and deceptive speed. He rarely takes a hard hit head on. Because of that he has never missed a start due to injury with the Seahawks. To suggest that any back could amass the kind of yards he has and 5 years of starts without missing a game is soft, is just plain stupid.

Mo Morris, the player that replaced Alexander is a smaller and quicker back. He doesn't have the patience to allow the great Seahawks OL the ability to use their athleticism to create running lanes. Many of those plays that Morris got 2-3 yards on could have been 6+ yards with Alexander because he knows to use his linemen properly and not just run up their backs.

Alexander is a great back. He rushed for 1,800 yards and scored 28 tds. Give it a rest. he got knocked out of a game due to a concussion. Same thing happened to Joe Montana in the Meadowlands and nobody questioned his toughness or ability to play the game.

Looked to me like it was more of a helmet to helmet. Obviously accidental...but Arrington definitley laid a nice blow to him!

This guy is a whimp. Period! Yeah he won the MVP and done great things, but when the going got tough, he was on the sideline. To me, Tiki is a better back and probably deserved the MVP title. Plus, SA played San Fransico, Arizona and St. Louis all twice. None of those defenses are stand out to me. Put Clinton Portis against those teams twice is one season he would probably be the MVP as well. Think about it!

bottom line, you cant be a good fan if you root for injuries. concussions are serious. it would be classy to instead hope alexander is ok, instead of pretending like youre the one that just knocked him out in a boxing ring.

Who is rooting for injuries?:whoknows: All I hope for is the same intensity level!!

Why are you here on Extremeskins website...do you suffer from Redskins fan envy?

Football is a contact sport...sorry to see SA go down with a concussion and glad he'll be alright.

Would very much enjoy watching you tell MW or LA to their face that one of them kneed SA in the back of the helmet after he was down to cause his concussion...when do you plan to man up and confront them with this slanderous and inaccurate accusation?

I didnt think it was to the back of the head, I thought Lavars knee hit him in the face mask. Either way, he isnt condoning the action, just the intensity with which the player was playing. It isnt like Lavar did it on purpose. :doh:

Archived