Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Core Redskins

Addicted2Skins

ANYONE KNOW WHAT 15 PLAYERS ARE GIBBS CORE REDSKINS?

I'LL TAKE A GUESS AT IT Washington,Springs,Thomas,Portis,Griffin,Sellers,Cooley,Jansen,

Samuels, Moss,Rogers,Marshall,Taylor,Daniels,Salave'a. I didn't pick Cartwright or Betts because I hear they may be leaving. Notice I didn't pick a QB maybe it will be Campbell??? Brunell looks like a good backup. Of course I love Lavar but I don't think he made the list. I was impressed by Prioleau and Jimoh late in the season. Stoutmire shows promise with his speed.

I think Ryan Clark and Big Joe are lunch pail types of guys that Gibbs has thrived with in the past. I hope we resign them. If we do I would add them to the list. I would also add a guy that has moved from everybodies favorite whipping boy in the past to a real star on special teams, that being Ade Jimoh.

In no paticular order starting on O, the top 15 or Core Redskins.

Offense

1. Brunell

2. Portis

3. Moss

4. Jansen

5. Samuels

6. Randy Thomas

7. Cooley

Defense

1. Griffin

2. Daniels

3. Wynn

4. Washington

5. Marshall

6. Springs

7. ST

Special Teams

1. Sellers

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Is that Gibbs list?

I would take out Cooley and add either Thrash or Cartwrite. As you guys know, stats do not make a core redskins, and I'm pretty confident neither do 2nd year players. I love Cooley, I really do, could be my favorite player after The Tarantula, but I think a core redskins is someone who has been around for a while, either with this team or another. I also see a core redskin as a no-nonsense person that gets respect and is not afraid get on someone with the interest of the team in mind.

They could have limited playing time or statistics, but that does not matter because I see a core redskins as an extension of Gibbs.

My Core Skins

Jansen

Thrash

Portis

Salavea

M. Washington

Wynn

Rock

Sellers

Yeah I would second Jimoh. He's really trying hard out there to turn his play around. Yeah I wasn't to thrilled about his CB play at times (as were many other fans), but he's improving with great effort. Wasn't he the guy with the sick special teams tackles that were timed perfectly? Those were amazing.

Guest sith lord

I don't believe there's any "core" anything in sports these days. I love having all these guys on the Skins, but we'll see how "core" these guys are when contract time comes up.

Offense

1. Brunell

2. Portis

3. Moss

4. Jansen

5. Samuels

6. Randy Thomas

7. Cooley

Defense

1. Griffin

2. Daniels

3. Wynn

4. Washington

5. Marshall

6. Springs

7. ST

Special Teams

1. Sellers

agreed, but Rock should be added to the special teams list. I definetely think he is a core Redskins and should stay one.

Offense

1. Brunell

2. Portis

3. Moss

4. Jansen

5. Samuels

6. Randy Thomas

7. Cooley

Defense

1. Griffin

2. Daniels

3. Wynn

4. Washington

5. Marshall

6. Springs

7. ST

Special Teams

1. Sellers

From Redskins.com <snip>:

At noon on Monday, coaches and players got together for one last team meeting in the Redskins Park auditorium.

Head coach Joe Gibbs said he had identified his "core group" of 15 players that the team has built its foundation around. He hopes to keep that core group together for the long term.

"In general, it was a meeting where I tried to convey to them what I thought of them and what the coaching staff thought of them," Gibbs said. "I had a chance to meet with a number of players afterwards.

"I told them that with the core group that we have here, our goal now would be to try to keep everybody together. That is my job and I started early this morning."

Gibbs also reiterated that he expects to fulfill the remaining three years on the five-year contract he signed to coach the club in January 2004.

<end>

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=15042

Good list.

Man, it's hard to nail it down to 15. But I think Gibbs is talking about heart and loyalty as much as skill and talent. I agree with the offense above, but how do you keep Salave'a out of the defense? I might swap out Daniels and stick in Salave'a. I might look for another DE in 2006, someone of Manley's calibre would be sweet.

Offense

1. Brunell (You have got to be kidding) He is a back up at best next year.

2. Portis

3. Moss

4. Jansen

5. Samuels

6. Randy Thomas

7. Cooley

Defense

1. Griffin

2. Daniels

3. Wynn

4. Washington

5. Marshall

6. Springs

7. ST

Special Teams

1. Sellers

There are a lot of players, particularly on defense, that I would consider also on this list. You best believe that there are more defensive players on Joe's list inlcuding Salavea, Jimoh and possibly Clark.

Offense

1. Brunell

2. Portis

3. Moss

4. Jansen

5. Samuels

6. Randy Thomas

7. Cooley

Defense

1. Griffin

2. Daniels

3. Wynn

4. Washington

5. Marshall

6. Springs

7. ST

Special Teams

1. Sellers

Its difficult to say whether its Brunell or Campbell, cuz jc isnt proven and Brunell may retire after 1 or 2 more years, so its hard to tell.

Its difficult to say whether its Brunell or Campbell, cuz jc isnt proven and Brunell may retire after 1 or 2 more years, so its hard to tell.

Well, Gibbs is talking about players to keep together for his SB run. I'm sure Gibbs anticipates that happening next year or the year after. I can't imagine Brunell not being on there, at least in Gibbs' mind.

Archived