Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey not gone yet!

Ynot

Lets see what Gibbs and ramsey decide before we make assumption. All I know Gibbs will not be comfortable with Just Brunnel starting and an unproven Campbell as back up? If there is any way to work it out with Ramsey he will, and if not he will bring in another veteran, maybe Brad johnson will be back who knows. I just hope that Ramsey is given the chance to start and lets see him with this supporting cast! I think he will wow people and if not lets pray that Brunnel gets healthy as you saw last year when he was not healthy he sucked and the last three games he was hurt he sucked!!!! You cannot always depend on the running game, sometimes you have to open up the running game by passing just as Gibbs did in the past, It does not work with a quarterback that is hurt and cannot play hurt!

I agree that we may need to see what Campbell has but at what expense to next season. If he is not ready to start? Brunell starts and gets hurt and he has proven he cannot play hurt, just look at his numbers when he is hurt. You put Campbell in and hope the defense wins for you as you saw they could not agasint Seattle and the defense will not score touchdowns every week as it did against the Bucs!

All I am saying is what is the cost to the season? If campbell is not ready and Brunnell gets hurt?

If ramsey is gone who are the Free agent veterans that will be available. I just do not believe Gibbs will leave himslef vulnerable since he as taken blame for the offense and wants to fix it. I cannot see him depending on Brunnell to last the Season and depending on an unproven as a back up?

As dull and boring as our offense is I don't see Campbell having any trouble picking it up.

Even with Brunell is there, a long time vetran QB the offense was simple and all about ball control and taking few if any risk.

If anything Campbell playing will allow Gibbs to open up the offense. Brunell just dosen't have the arm to run certain plays.

Campbell will be an upgrade. Ramsey would have been an upgrade as well.

All I am saying is what is the cost to the season? If campbell is not ready and Brunnell gets hurt?

maybe a bad season.

look, the point of all of this is that people are (with good reason) anticipating that patrick ramsey WONT be with us next year based on two things - body language (like packing up a big ol' uhaul, quick with reporters), and more importantly, joe gibb's comments about the quarterback situation. while i really think that pat stepped in admirably during the giants game, i don't think that he'll be with us next season.

you touched on the "what-ifs" of a young qb like campbell suddenly taking the reigns for an injured brunell. let's hope this doesn't happen next season, but let's also assume that gibbs and the personnel guys all know what campbell truly is capable of. based on what we heard gibbs saying in the press conference, it is REALLY good stuff, and he may be ready to hop in and get to work. already, i'm very thankful that campbell had a year of analysis and learning to work with. very few rookie qbs make their start and really do well.

it's unrealistic to think that campbell would step in and be the next tom brady, but basically what i'm trying to say is that the coaching staff will know what's best - if we really need to try and keep ramsey around for one more year, or if campbell is ready to be 2nd string material.

HAVE FAITH.

Ramsey was snappy with the media yesterday as he packed a u-haul and headed to Louisiana. I don't think he wants to come back.

I saw that. Why was Ramsey the only one with a U-HAUL full of stuff at Redskins Park? Most people had a trash bag full of stuff, not Ramsey. I don't see him and his U-haul back in Washington next year.

I think Ramsey has handled the whole situation with class. Why would he want to stick around when the coaching staff had figured that he is not the answer, short-term or long-term and does not have the confidence of the coaching staff. I think that it is just one of those things that happens and there is no "bad guy" here to think of. It is Gibbs decision to make and he is paid to do so. But on the flip side you can't blame Ramsey for wanting an opportunity to start and maybe a fresh start somewhere else will help.

I would be surprised if we could get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him considering that his best trade value was probably before Gibbs first season ... right after Spurrier left. He hasn't helped himself by having very mediocre preseason games. On the flip side, he is relatively young, has a strong arm, and has NFL experience, albeit inconsistent.

I think we will either get a 4th rounder for him, or he will be used to move up in a round ... such as going from late 2nd round to earlier 2nd round or giving up next year's 1st along with Ramsey to get into the 1st this year. Of course, that may also cost us a 2nd rounder and I am not sure there is anyone in the draft that we could get in the middle to late first round that is worth all of those moves.

Hopefully he doesn't sit on our roster through training camp like Gardner did because teams knew we would have to cut him sooner or later because he didn't want to be here.

One other point to note about class ... He has probably known that he won't be here next season because he doesn't want to be here and wants a fair shot at a starting position ... but he never agreed to give an interview during the season, let alone while in the playoff hunt at the end of the season, to discuss those possibilities and create any distractions.

then who are capable free agent quarterbacks to be the back up to Brunnell or Campbell. I jsut do not think gibbs will allow that position not to be ready? Is Brad johnson a free agent? who else mihgt be available for a season or two?

I hope ramsey if he does leave goes to the AFC so we do not get to see him! I would hate to see him in a Cowboys uniform!

then who are capable free agent quarterbacks to be the back up to Brunnell or Campbell. I jsut do not think gibbs will allow that position not to be ready? Is Brad johnson a free agent? who else mihgt be available for a season or two?

I hope ramsey if he does leave goes to the AFC so we do not get to see him! I would hate to see him in a Cowboys uniform!

I think Charlie Batch would be a good option. He has experience in this league and stepped up and played well when Big Ben went down with an injury.

I read a short interview with Ramsey in Sports Spectrum (Christian Sports Magazine for Teenagers). He made it sound like he was happy to have the opportunity to watch Brunell this year because he learned a lot from him. This is probably the thing he missed most backing up a bunch of has beens and never beens until he was forced to start under Spurrier.

He has been 100% classy and I wish him the best and hope he goes to an AFC team.

As dull and boring as our offense is I don't see Campbell having any trouble picking it up.

Even with Brunell is there, a long time vetran QB the offense was simple and all about ball control and taking few if any risk.

If anything Campbell playing will allow Gibbs to open up the offense. Brunell just dosen't have the arm to run certain plays.

Campbell will be an upgrade. Ramsey would have been an upgrade as well.

Believe it or not Gibbs' offense is a very difficult offense to pick up. So much relies on the QB and WR both reading the defense the same way. I believe that also played a big role in coles and gardner leaving here.

He runs a Coryell type of passing game. The recievers do not have set routes. The have 2 or 3 options on a route depending on what the defense does. Thus if the QB and WR don't make the same read it can be one of those what the heck was that type of plays.

I wonder if Tim Hasselback is a possibility as a 3rd qb.Not sure that he is a free agent but if he is I think he is a reasonable alternative.I think Boswell is way off as to what the Skins should give up to move up in the draft.He wants to give away the farm again to take a chance on an unproven player.

Ramsey very well might be gone next season... but please don't anybody think it will be because of the cliche's being thrown around in this thread. It is the typical media logic to say that Ramsey is clearly not in the plans because we invested a first rounder in Campbell. One thing Gibbs has made abundantly clear is that he does not buy into or operate according to media logic.

If Ramsey is gone next season it will have been because Gibbs decided he did not need him, or could get more in return for him from a trade, or because Ramsey really wants to leave and Gibbs doesn't want players who don't want to be here. But it will not be because "we invested too much in Campbell." Gibbs would be extremely happy to have three very talented QBs on the roster and would never let having two talented QBs on the roster get in the way of obtaining a third talented, young QB.

I suspect, however, that Ramsey wants to move on and that Gibbs, knowing this, will find try to find a way to get something in return for Ramsey in a trade. Hopefully such a trade would not resemble the Boswell suggestion in the least.

Lets see what Gibbs and ramsey decide before we make assumption. All I know Gibbs will not be comfortable with Just Brunnel starting and an unproven Campbell as back up? If there is any way to work it out with Ramsey he will, and if not he will bring in another veteran, maybe Brad johnson will be back who knows. I just hope that Ramsey is given the chance to start and lets see him with this supporting cast! I think he will wow people and if not lets pray that Brunnel gets healthy as you saw last year when he was not healthy he sucked and the last three games he was hurt he sucked!!!! You cannot always depend on the running game, sometimes you have to open up the running game by passing just as Gibbs did in the past, It does not work with a quarterback that is hurt and cannot play hurt!

Ramsey WILL leave. Gibbs may try to get Tim Hasselback again. I think he only(?) signed a one-year deal with the G-Men this year.

FS

maybe a bad season.

look, the point of all of this is that people are (with good reason) anticipating that patrick ramsey WONT be with us next year based on two things - body language (like packing up a big ol' uhaul, quick with reporters), and more importantly, joe gibb's comments about the quarterback situation. while i really think that pat stepped in admirably during the giants game, i don't think that he'll be with us next season.

you touched on the "what-ifs" of a young qb like campbell suddenly taking the reigns for an injured brunell. let's hope this doesn't happen next season, but let's also assume that gibbs and the personnel guys all know what campbell truly is capable of. based on what we heard gibbs saying in the press conference, it is REALLY good stuff, and he may be ready to hop in and get to work. already, i'm very thankful that campbell had a year of analysis and learning to work with. very few rookie qbs make their start and really do well.

it's unrealistic to think that campbell would step in and be the next tom brady, but basically what i'm trying to say is that the coaching staff will know what's best - if we really need to try and keep ramsey around for one more year, or if campbell is ready to be 2nd string material.

HAVE FAITH.

I'm all for faith, but from what I saw, JC was basically a bystander all season. He didn't hold a clipboard OR get involved much with the offense. It was PR who listened in on the calls and particpated with sideline discussions. I got very amused at Gibbs saying how well JC would've performed if he was asked. The guy has not played a regular seasoon down. I think it was just Joe trying to justify his 1st round pick. Plus, if he does good, then great. I think MB wore down as the year continued. That being the case, I'd play JC for three full pre-season games, and MB sparingly until the season started.

Might not be such a bad idea. I wouldn't exactly be worried about Ramsey leading the 'Pokes to a game-winning drive against us.

He won't be cut, though, and there's a 0% chance he'll be traded to a Division rival. 100% chance he does get traded ASAFP, though.

I think Charlie Batch would be a good option. He has experience in this league and stepped up and played well when Big Ben went down with an injury.

Charlie FREAKIN Batch???? Gimme a break...he's a has been! Tim Hasselback if the 'Skins could get him back is a MUCH MUCH better choice.

Archived