Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Smith-Santana Moss

jonjeff

These two guys are so alike it's scarey. I sat in amazment watching the Carolina-Chicago game on Sunday. Smith is such a great talent. The Bears knew exactly who they had to stop, and couldn't. Smith was open all day long. Catch after catch, he was always there. Smith and Moss look like clones to me. The only difference in the two was who was throwing the ball to them. Jake D. versus Mark B. I love what Brunell did for the Skins this past season, but it was clear that he was worn out the final few games. With a strong armed QB, behind a solid offensive line, Moss would have had even better numbers than Smith did. With Campbell waiting in the wings and the Skins surely looking for a free agent #2 receiver this offseason, Moss's numbers should continue to grow. Smith or Moss. What a choice that would be. What a joy they are to watch. And to think, there were plenty of naysayers when we shipped Coles back to the Jets for Moss. Where are they all at now? Anybody doubting Moss's abilities now? Moss, without a doubt, was the single biggest pickup for the Skins in the past ten years. I hope he is in Redskin colors the remainder of his career.

Plenty/most ppl probably think there's no question here, but I don't think Smith is the obvious answer. Beyond looking at who is throwing, defenses seem to key on Moss moreso than they do Smith, b/c CAR has a guy like Ricky P to take SOME attention. Look at the plays Moss made against the Giants, the WR screen @ KC, that ridiculous catch Saturday etc. etc. ... I don't think Smith wins in a walk, it's at least remarkably close ...

HAIL

Their #89 is better than ours (have to admit it). Our #26 is better than theirs. Then, hopefully, our #17 will be much better than theirs, too, in years to come. ;)

We and Carolina have very similar stategy. Strong running game with explosive reciever and solid defense. So, I'm not reluctant to pull for them to win the SB.

Their #89 is better than ours (have to admit it). Our #26 is better than theirs. Then, hopefully, our #17 will be much better than theirs, too, in years to come. ;)

We and Carolina have very similar stategy. Strong running game with explosive reciever and solid defense. So, I'm not reluctant to pull for them to win the SB.

Clever post there, dude!!!:applause:

Yeah...so much for the theory that you have to be 6'2" to be a successful #1 WideOut in the NFL! We just need to find someone out there that can protect Moss by drawing coverage, I have no doubt this will be a high priority for JG.

so much for the theory that you have to have a bad attitude as well

It would be hard to prove which one is the best between the two, since they are in different systems. But it does appear that Moss has done much more with lesser opportunities because of the lack of assistance from his fellow receiviers. Yet, he still managed to stay within 100 yards of Smith thru the regular season. And if we sign a good #2 receiver, Moss's production should increase even more next year.

And for smaller guys, they both have a great pair of hands, to go with their speed and shiftiness!

Smith and Moss are very similar, in fact the offense is almost exactly the same, but their QB is better. Dan Henning is Carolina coordinator and is running the Gibbs offense, so when people say that Joe's offense doesn't work anymore all you have to do is point to the Panthers in the NFC championship and after they beat Seattle the Super Bowl.

Archived