Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

poll: if we only could get 1 ?

Guest GibbSkins11

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

i say owens

Judging by your screen name I assume your a Joe Gibbs fan. Gibbs would not want a player like Terrel Owens on this team. Why would we? We just went to the playoffs and had a successful season theres no need for a distraction.

Reggie Wayne by far.

Judging by your screen name I assume your a Joe Gibbs fan. Gibbs would not want a player like Terrel Owens on this team. Why would we? We just went to the playoffs and had a successful season theres no need for a distraction.

Reggie Wayne by far.

Not neccessarily remember Dexter Manley but I still do not think Gibbs would go this route with Owens but Gibbs do know how to handle troubled players.

I voted for Wayne....BUT...

Regarding Me-O......we are going to be in a salary cap crunch...not salary cap HELL but we are going to have to do some manuvering to get under the $95 mil (projected cap) this spring. That being said....we dont or wont have a TON of room to work with........so..........what WR will be the CHEAPEST or most AFFORDABLE this offseason? U got it...Me-O. He will only get 1 year/incentive laden deals. This is why I COULD see us acquiring him. Not that we would love to have him but for the simple fact that we cant afford to go crazy on FA's and Me-O will be the best bargain.

Now will the affordable deal be worth the Risk? I dont know...but atleast we could sign someone without gunning out our salary cap.....Moss, Patten and Me-O would be a nice tandem to have (barring injury).

Me-O will come A LOT cheaper than Wayne because of the risk factor....thus he is in our price range. Wayne will not be.

I went with the pass rusher. With one more pass rusher and some depth at corner this D could reach the stratosphere. Espeically with Williams in his third year of implementing this system. It seems like every year there is another guy like Wayne that everybody gets hot and heavy for. Forget about him, he will want $$$$$$ that we don't need to spend on a #2. I advocate getting somebody with speed who won't demand that kind of money like Randle-El or K-Rob or even McCariens if the Jets cut him. I say spend the money on beefing up the lines and signing the guys that have already proven themselves to us like big Joe, Ryan Clark, etc.

except gibb's system rarely calls for a lead blocker...but who knows..maybe he would if he had a good one...although i think sellers is decent at it.

True. And he never used a Shotgun formation till Brunell either. CP ain't no Riggo, he needs a big blocker cause he just does'nt quite have the build to make his own holes.

Guest ComebackKing

Reggie Wayne all the way. What a great number 2 WR that would be. This years draft has very slim pickings for WR so I think we will have to shop around.

Guest GibbSkins11

Reggie Wayne by far.

u are right i think we will get someone else but i think gibbs can shape him up but i still dont think gibbs will take the risk i prob like wayne more but my bro loves terrell owens so it would be nice to see him routin on the skins

All of you people like the superficial sizzle of a WR. Haven't you figured it out YET? You win with BIG Uglies! OL and DL. People like Grimm, Jacoby, Jansen, R. Thomas, Dave Butz, Dexter Manley. Or like Michael Strahan, Julius Peppers, Kris Jenkins, Richard Seymour, Henderson (Jax), Jonathan Ogden, Jones and Hutchinson (from Seattle).

Remember a no-name like Timmie Smith who set a Super Bowl rushing record? He did that because he was running behind our great OL. Never heard from him again. Why? Because he never had an opportunity to run behind a line like that anywhere else.

You win championships with defense. You dominate opposing defenses by running on them. How do you do that? How does it all begin? In the offensive and defensive lines.

It is like golf (to try an analogy): drive for show, putt for dough. Well in football you can drive for show with flashy WRs, but you win (putt for dough) with defense. And the beginning of your defense is the line. People like Cornelius Griffin.

So let's get a good DL.

:2cents:

Reggie Wayne by far.

i agree with captain obvious. just say no to T.O., then ban the salary cap :laugh:

All of you people like the superficial sizzle of a WR. Haven't you figured it out YET? You win with BIG Uglies! OL and DL. People like Grimm, Jacoby, Jansen, R. Thomas, Dave Butz, Dexter Manley. Or like Michael Strahan, Julius Peppers, Kris Jenkins, Richard Seymour, Henderson (Jax), Jonathan Ogden, Jones and Hutchinson (from Seattle).

Remember a no-name like Timmie Smith who set a Super Bowl rushing record? He did that because he was running behind our great OL. Never heard from him again. Why? Because he never had an opportunity to run behind a line like that anywhere else.

You win championships with defense. You dominate opposing defenses by running on them. How do you do that? How does it all begin? In the offensive and defensive lines.

It is like golf (to try an analogy): drive for show, putt for dough. Well in football you can drive for show with flashy WRs, but you win (putt for dough) with defense. And the beginning of your defense is the line. People like Cornelius Griffin.

So let's get a good DL.

:2cents:

yeah that's true, but to say we don't need another receiver would be crazy talk. out O line is in good shape. as far as the D line goes, we're in great shape in every catagory except the pass rush. phillip daniels came along quite well at the end of the season, but wynn just isn't that good. yeah i know he's an "emotional leader" or whatever, but don't we already have like seven "emotional leaders" on the defense? we need a goddamn pass rusher! i think we could get a good one in the draft, because i don't think many pass rushers are picked in the first round. i could be wrong.

I would rather have herpes than TO as a Skin :doh:

I picked Wayne, simply because @ this point, I don't know what pass rushing

DE is available.

IMO, #2 receiver & DE should be our highest priority.

We also have depth problems on both lines that need to be addressed.

While I'm at it, a decent backup for Springs would be nice :cool:

Archived