Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey For John Abraham?

SKINZ33

While I would like for Ramsey to stay, I can't help but think about how we have abused the jets over the pass few years with trades. I know we need help on offense, but does anyone even think of this being a possibility?

Consider the folowing...

1) Jets are uncertain about penningtons health and wont shy from getting a QB.

2) Skins D is brilliant but still lacks that pass rusher from the corners

3) With the coaching changes in New York that have happened already, stability is not certain for that team.

4) Abraham would be a good addition (avg. 8.5 sacks per. 10.5 this season)

I know abraham was a hothead in new york but thats because he doesnt want to be there anymore. Just thought I would throw this out to my fellow skins fans for some feedback.

Don't think Abraham would fit in well here. Not a character guy and can be a distraction in the locker room. Coach is pretty reluctant to go after these guys. I think Aaron Kampman (GB) should be at the top of our priotity list as far as DE's go. He has an unbelievable motor and is relentless. Very underrated DE.

Well seeing as Mangini, a brilliant defensive mind, got the head coaching job, I doubt they will let such a dominant defensive player leave the team.

Who knows though, he's from Bellicheck, who doesn't have the ego's on his team.

I'm going to be very interested to see how Mangini does.

Man the AFC East should be interesting next year, some of the best and up-and-coming coaches in the NFL: Nick Saban, Eric Mangini, Bill Belicheck, and whoever the Bills hire. Should be a fun, competitive division to watch.

the Dolphins finished 9-7 which has to be the biggest shocker of the year. Yes, the Bears were expected to be respectable and went 11-5 which was a surprise, but the Dolphins were supposed to be god-awful and instead they were solid down the stretch.

And what is scary for the East is that Saban doesn't even have many of his own players in place yet. He is still working with the limited pantry he was given.

The Skins will not be trading Ramsey to the Jets for Abraham simply because Abraham wants a 20 million dollar signing bonus. The Jets have stated on ESPN the insider that they are not interested in giving him a big signing bonus and would just simply let him walk after the Chad Pennigton big signing bonus.

I'm telling ya -- Kampman is a stud and he's only gonna get better (think this was his 3rd yr).

I agree, Think that Abes might be a porblem... Cap and personality! Like the way Kampman has played wouldn't mind seeing him get better once he put on that burgandy and gold.

I agree, Think that Abes might be a porblem... Cap and personality! Like the way Kampman has played wouldn't mind seeing him get better once he put on that burgandy and gold.

Yup - and from what I have seen/heard he is a charcter guy too and you know how huge coach is on that....

I just love his intensity. He is like the poor man's patrick kearney and has the potential to be even better

no i dont think it will happen. if it does it will be next year because i thnk their happy with our D.

Happy with our outside pass rush? I hope you are wrong bc other than Daniels coming through during/after the 2nd Dallas game....we had next to no pass rush from our DE's all year long. Hell, we had a better rush from Big Joe and Griff.

from what i read...we wont have any money!

If you are reading what the media writes than you are correct.. but if you read some of the posts with cap figures to back it up we do have the money. It just comes down to would Gibbs want to trade a way a lot for just one player and I think that answer is without a doubt NO.

Guest GibbSkins11
I'm telling ya -- Kampman is a stud and he's only gonna get better (think this was his 3rd yr).

if ur right i hope we get him , but dont forget about how well phillip daniels has played besides being hurt last year he has done good things when he has started, he might have a big year as well

Archived