Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When is PASS INTERFERENCE not PASS INTERFERENCE?

smartestmaninamerica

Hi,

I know everyone is expecting me to ***** about the missed pass-interference calls in our game, but I'm not.

I'm talking about the MOST BLATANT PASS-INTEFERENCE THAT STOLE A TD RIGHT IN FRONT OF TWO REF'S that I have ever seen.

It was in the Panthers/Bears game. The Panthers receiver was going into the endzone to catch a long bomb for the TD. The bears defender hits him hard at least a full second before the ball arrives causing him to drop the pass.

TWO ZEBRAS are standing RIGHT THERE looking at it. NO FLAG!

Add to that the blown pass-interference call in the Patriots game and the two missed ones in the Redskins game and you really start to wonder what the hell is going on?

how bout the pass interference yesterday at the end of the game on reggie wayne...he would've caught that

I was just about to say that, lol. The problem with a lot of rules in the NFL right now is that a large majority of it is interpretation and personal judgement of the play, rather than a flat out ruling. We'll see how things pan out in the offseason as to what is or isn't changed for next season's play.

There has to be some more consistency in officiating, that's for sure! The Indy-Pitt game took the cake on the penalty that wasn't. Remember in the 3rd quarter and they threw the flag for obviously a false start by Faneca on Pitt. The play ended up with no penalty. If you throw the flag, there has to be a penalty in that situation. Ridiculous!

actually they didn't throw a flag at all....the colts defense jumped and started pointing...faneca had a false start...the refs were too blind to see and so there wasn't a flag when there should've been

Exactly though, there was no flag. Therefore the play should not have been blown dead. All Pitt had to do was snap the ball and the Colts would have been offsides. While we saw Faneca move, the refs didn't, so they would have gotten away with that one. And personally, I think that was the point of the play to begin with.

Whenever no flag is thrown and they just let the players play? :whoknows:

:jk:

I always thought regardless, if you are defending a receiver and you are NOT looking back at the ball then this is considered PI. The deep ball to Farris was nearly completed but still the Hawk defenders were not looking back at the ball at all and was batting at his arms all the while he was trying to bring the ball in. IMO this should have been PI.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question. How much of this has to do with the NFL's extreme popularity now? You have ESPN showing a zillion angles, the NFL network showing miked up behind the scenes access on every single play. Maybe we are noticing more and more plays that are "miscalled" because they are being brought to our attention more and more. On NFL network's Total Access they have a segment where they have the head of refs review plays and break them down.

or maybe because of all this new attention to every detail it's making the refs second guess themselves at the time. I don't know if I'm way off base here, but does anyone else think that maybe it seems like more and more calls are bad, because there is just more attention being brought to them?

Archived