Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Tally - Who do you WANT at QB next year?

RedskinzOwnU

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Forget about the likelihood of ramsey being traded, campbell not being ready, or brunell being too old. If it were up to you, and you had to choose right now, who would start in september next year?

Personally, I'm ready to see Jason Campbell and build for the future. How 'bout you?

Edit - Maybe I'm watching too much of this JC video

A healthy Mark Brunell. Give him a possession reciever and a running game and he is as good as anyone. Look at his numbers before the injury. He was doing just fine. Keep in mind who Joe Gibbs has won SBs with before. It aint about the QB in this system. It is about 11 guys doing the right thing.

Campbell is not ready, Ramsey will be elsewhere starting so that leaves us with Brunell. If he is healthy for a whole season he can win it with this system and this staff.

Here's the thing about that big poppa. Brunell has, at most, 1 more year in him. This team is not going to peak next year as far as overall talent, but probably the year after (2007). Do we want to put a rookie Qb in then, or put him in this year, let him grow, and dominate in 07? I think Campbell could do well next year, and amazing the year after that. I don't think brunell can last a season or take us to the promise land.

I've said it pretty much all season. Yes, Brunell did great, and I was proud of what he did for us. I want Brunell to stay on the team. However, I believe that Brunell is the second best QB on the team. Ramsey should be our starter. Hope he doesn't get traded, because I think he could come in and prove that he's the top QB.

I voted Brunell because I think he is still a good QB and a solid leader and I'm confident that if and when he gets his #2 possession receiver, he will be much more effective as will this offense. He just needs to stay healthy, which is always a concern but at this point I truly believe he gives us our best shot.

Ramsey. Class, a lot of class. But he scares me with the interceptions. I know he probably never got a fair chance here but his lack of calm under fire and immobility make me not like him.

Campbell. I hope this guy is the future but I don't if he is ready. He needs more NFL tutelage.

And here is my problem with this whole scheme.

Mark and Patrick are buds. They seem to have a great re-pore. If Mark is to truly show Campbell how it is done, Patrick needs to go. Campbell needs to learn and I believe his progress is being impeded by the relationship(albeit a great one) between Mark and Patrick. But then again, it could be a good thing for Campbell to be spending most of his time with coaches learning from them first.

Flame suit on.

I REALLY hope Brunell restructures and becomes our backup or 3rd stringer. I like what he brings to this team.

I think its Ramseys time. If he goes out or plays poorly, then its Jason Campbells turn, hed be forced to come in and hopefully do well. I dont think it can hurt Campbell, it can only help him, by spending at least one more year observing the game. His time will come.

Another thing to consider. Mark is at an age where every month makes a big difference. We're looking at another 8 months on his already aging body...hes not going to get any better or be any more mobile or add any dimension to his game, its a fact of life he cant avoid. I wonder if he will even be able to perform at this level come September...certainly he should be given a shot to earn it like all 3 should, I just hope for the future of the franchise that one of these young guys can beat him out for the spot.

Not Mark, he will be a great tutor and lockeroom guy but he just doesn't have the big play ability needed to take us to the SB. Personaly I think PR can do that but I get all giddy thinking of Cambell taking off and getting us big 1st downs with his legs. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how training camp pans out.

I see them keeping all 3, having a good camp, and JG will pick whoever he thinks is the best for the team at the time. And as we all know; it's the system with JG, I really don't think you need a great QB, just a very good one. I still like Burnell, long as he's healthy and that goes for the team. Man, you have to have your starters healthy, for sure. Home Field through out the playoffs next year baby and maybe the big dance. A bunch of if's though. I'll be optimistic and think our team will get it done. GO SKINS

Brunell is the best QB for this system, at this stage. Start Campbell and there will be no playoffs next season, as this team is not capable of covering a first year starters mistakes, remember Palmers first year under center. Hell Gibbs felt the team wouldn't be able to cover Rams mistakes which is why Brunell will be the starter for at least another year.

A QB controversy and young QB losing confidence will not help this team next year, another WR to team with Moss, and another year together running the offense will.

Campbell will or should be ready come 07, when the team should be able to carry the extra weight of a QB learning on the real speed of the game.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I voted for Brunell. He got us this far with one WR and a above average (yes, I'm calling a 1500 yard year above average, b/c at times it was dominant when it needed to be.) If he can rest up this off season and not wear down like he did this year, then this team is going to the playoffs again next year.

It really all depends on who is healthy and who is ready. I don't believe Ramsey will be here next season, and if he is, I doubt he starts. IF, yes I said if, Brunell is 100%(or as much as he's going to be), I have no problem with him starting. Otherwise, I say we pull a Giants and put in Campbell. I have yet to see the kid play, but from what I hear he's worth it.

It's like someone posted earlier, it's not about the QB in this system it's about all 11 guys. Let's be honest, there's is no WR option behind Moss. Our O-line was only average-decent in pass protection this year, especailly towards the end when it mattered the most (which is, no coincidence, when RT went down). Portis had an excellent year, but again, in all honesty he did a lot of it by himself. He didn't really have any holes when we played good defenses. Against good Ds he was stopped pretty well and when that happened, our whole offense went down the tubes. Partly because our O-line didn't hold during obvious passing situations and partly because if anybody doubled Cooley and Moss, there was no one else. So I think the play around Brunell was probably more the problem than MB himself. Brunell will and should be the starter next year, and with a couple well thought out offseason moves should thrive.

Mark Brunell. I also very much want Patrick Ramsey to remain with the team. The time he has had holding a clipboard while watching Mark and listening to Joe Gibbs WILL be enough to make him a VERY good NFL QB.

I think it's foolish to even utter Campbell's name while these two QBs are on our roster ahead of him.

How about whoever Gibbs thinks is best able to lead this team to a SB? We all sit around and ***** and moan (I have to) but we do not know what goes on in practice. Gibbs sees more of these guys and knows more about the game than any of us. If you don't agree go apply for the job.

What I would want to have happen is an open QB competition between Patrick Ramsey and Jason Campbell. But I just don't think Patrick is going to be here so I voted for JC.

I'm sorry, Mark Brunell exceeded everyone's expectations this year (except for Joe Gibbs) and deserves alot of credit. He may even be able to duplicate it next year if we get a more reliable #2 and a healthy Oline for him. But he just reeks of "short-timer" to me. As long as Mark Brunell is QB, I just get the feeling that we're playing for the moment and he's impeding the growth of this offense. If Jason Campbell is going to be the QB of this team, he's got to get in there and play at some point. Assuming he has the offense down, he has to be the QB. If we wait yet another year, will we still use the same excuse in 2007? He'll still have no experience then either. At what point will people feel comfortable to throw him in there? He's had his year to sit, watch and learn. You can only do that for so long.

JC'06

I voted for Campbell. I think Ramsey will be gone, and I'm pretty sure Brunell won't be able to play a whole season. Just start Campbell and have Brunell as the backup. If we're going to have a power running offense, all you need is someone to handoff the ball and have some touch on his passes and toss a couple bombs here and there. I honestly think Campbell would be at worst the same as the Brunell of the last three weeks.

Add a #2 WR and a little OL depth and the offense is ready to roll for Jason.

It would be nice to see Jason Campbell start next year, but I'm not sure that he's ready yet. I think it would be best to go with Brunnell again. The man did good this year, I don't know why everyone is dogging him! Yeah, he had a few subpar games, so what! Every QB in the league does. He got us to a 10-6 record and to the second round in the playoffs...I think he deserves another chance. I say start him, and if he is horrible, then move on to Jason.

Archived