Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Redskins were to change name...

neongel

If the Redskins were to change their name for whatever reason (this is NOT intended to be a discussion of the politics of a name change), what are some suggestions? I've never been able to think of anything better than "Skins" or "Hogs," but what's a "Skin" exactly?

I want to preempt any "this is the stupidest thread I've ever seen" comments by asking that you simply move along - I'm actually interested in what people might come up with. Thanks.

Lets think about the whole HOg/pigskins thing.

1. Hogs have significant meaning to this franchise. Maybe not as long standing as our current name, but still...

2. You wouldn't need to change the colors.

3. I think a picture of a boars head would look awesome(yeah I know razor backs) But Im talking one of those mean lookin boars with the huge tusks...like this guy:

Wild%20Boar3.jpg

If the Redskins were to change their name for whatever reason (this is NOT intended to be a discussion of the politics of a name change), what are some suggestions? I've never been able to think of anything better than "Skins" or "Hogs," but what's a "Skin" exactly?

I want to preempt any "this is the stupidest thread I've ever seen" comments by asking that you simply move along - I'm actually interested in what people might come up with. Thanks.

I thought Snyder had already copyrighted the name "Warriors" if they ever ban the name Redskins.

Archived