Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gibbs affect on Snyder for the long run

HOF44

I think Gibbs coming back to the team may not only bode well for the team while he is here but long into the future.

I believe that the Gibb-Snyder realtionship could prove to be the best thing to ever happen for Dan in regards to managing a football franchise.

When he first came in he tried to apply what had given him great success in the business world to the football field. This didn't translate well. Football is so much about realtionships and trust between player/coach/owner that if you don't have that trust it can adversly affect performance.

I think because of Dan's relationship with Gibbs he might turn out to be a better business man and owner than before they met. I hope this turns out to be true. One thing we have to realize is Mr. Snyder is going to be the owner for a long time. He is a very young man.

I just hope he can learn and take to heart how Gibbs manages a club and relates on a personal level to people in the organization, and use that long after Gibbs has retired.

I believe he will learn much from Gibbs. Snyder has made his mistakes, but its always been out of love for the team and trying to get them to a superbowl as quickly as possible. He also seems to learn form his errors.

Can you really ask for more than that?

I commented about this several times after Gibbs decided to return as "Team Savior". The closest thing Snyder had in helping guide him as a new owner was Pepper Rogers. In retrospect, it's not surprising he made so many mistakes early on. Ironically when he brought in SOS he paired him with someone who knew the ropes (M. Lewis). Too bad he didn't use the same logic with himself.

Absolutely agree. After the Spurier debacle, there was a short time when I was worried that there were few quality coaches that would want to work for Snyder. My hopes are that Gibbs will remain in the front office after he leaves. Never know what he could do as a personnel director with that as his main focus. He's had success wherever he's been.

I think Gibbs coming back to the team may not only bode well for the team while he is here but long into the future.

I believe that the Gibb-Snyder realtionship could prove to be the best thing to ever happen for Dan in regards to managing a football franchise.

When he first came in he tried to apply what had given him great success in the business world to the football field. This didn't translate well. Football is so much about realtionships and trust between player/coach/owner that if you don't have that trust it can adversly affect performance.

I think because of Dan's relationship with Gibbs he might turn out to be a better business man and owner than before they met. I hope this turns out to be true. One thing we have to realize is Mr. Snyder is going to be the owner for a long time. He is a very young man.

I just hope he can learn and take to heart how Gibbs manages a club and relates on a personal level to people in the organization, and use that long after Gibbs has retired.

I believe he will learn much from Gibbs. Snyder has made his mistakes, but its always been out of love for the team and trying to get them to a superbowl as quickly as possible. He also seems to learn form his errors.

Can you really ask for more than that?

I have thought those same thoughts and believe they have validity. Gibbs' returning will indeed be the Archimedean lever that will move the Redskins back to the type of franchise it was the first time he was here.

I agree. Joe Gibbs was the best thing to ever happen to Snyder. No more wholesale changes in DC. After this, Gregg will more then likely take over and be the coach for a very long time.

Exactly.

This nice slow transfer of power from Gibbs to Williams is how teams SHOULD be changing coaches. This should guarantee us happiness for years to come.

Hail!:point2sky

Maybe Im the only one who paid attention to this dumb little tid bit, but after the Redskins beat the Cowboys in Dallas and after watching Snyder jumping up and down in the owners box, not one game after that did I see the camera pan up to the owners box to see Snyder.

I have seen some pre game pics of him but during the game I really never even heard them mention his name.

Maybe Im the only one who paid attention to this dumb little tid bit, but after the Redskins beat the Cowboys in Dallas and after watching Snyder jumping up and down in the owners box, not one game after that did I see the camera pan up to the owners box to see Snyder.

I have seen some pre game pics of him but during the game I really never even heard them mention his name.

It might make him appear appealingly human and water down the impact of future The Evil Snyder Walks Among Us articles.

Anybody that works with or comes close to Joe Gibbs seem to realize that there is something special about the guy. He just has something special in him to touch people's lives in a way that is positive. Why wouldn't anybody want to be around such an outward positive person?

No doubt.

Let's just hope that Jerry Jones never brings back Landry in any capacity. I still hated the Cowboys. But I respected the hell outta Tom Landry.

There's two big reasons why that'll never happen. First, Landry was unceremoniously fired by JJ when he took over the team. I think there was some seriously bad blood there.

Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, Landry died in 2000. That kind of makes a return doubtful.

Archived