Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sign T.O. to 1 Year Contract Only?

saubouin

I'm not trying to start another "MORON THREAD", seriously.:D

Just for one moment consider the following.

Back in San Fran T.O. at one point in his career "used" to be a pretty modest guy. Steve Young has recalled several times that T.O. used to be thankful everytime he was thrown a ball and would thank Young for throwing the ball to him. Then the 49ers lost a bunch of elder statesmen and with no guidance he spiraled out of control.

So what if Gibbs signed T.O. to a one year contract only?? That way T.O. couldn't try and renegotiate his contract. It would be an opportunity for him to prove to the everybody and especially himself that he used to be a real jerk but now will STFU and play ball.

I think there is a chance that he would change his act. Why? Because the entire NFL will be watching him under a microscope and he knows that if GIBBS benches him for the rest of the year his future in the NFL would be very questionable.

For this to even happen I would like to have GIBBS sit down with Portis, Cooley, Moss & Brunell and ask them if they think the risk is worth it?

Personally I can't stand the guy and he lacks the #1 thing Gibbs looks for which is character, which is something T.O. hasn't had in a long time.

Do you think T.O. could get his head out of his ass and turn his career around? Or is he too far gone?

Screw TO, I never want to see that loser in a Skins uniform. We already have a #1 receiver in Moss, we should go after someone to be a #2.

I don't get your hate or your logic. What's wrong with two #1 wr? Two Pro Bowlers? Two of the best deep threats in the game today? How do you cover both of them?

Because he's in his 30's and has to prove that he isn't crazy anymore. Ya'll need to stop being so close minded and brainwashed by espn. Let this team of saints go 8-8 next year, then what?

Trust me, I'm far from being brainwashed by ESPN. There is no way TO signs a one year deal because so many teams are going to be after him. Because somewhere around 10 teams (maybe more) are going to want him, AT LEAST one team is going to offer him a multi-year deal to separate themselves from the pack. TO is going to get a reasonably big deal.

Point #2: T.O. would not fit in. He screwed a team in San Francisco and he screwed Philly last year. The reason this team won is because they played hard TOGETHER. Terrel Owens would ruin the comradery in the locker room because he's such a loner and a "me-first" player. That's called being realistic. This isn't a fantansy team or a madden franchise. The players have to like each other and feel like they're in it together. Reportedly Owens fell asleep in team meetings. What would the reaction be to him not listening to Gibbs? TO, while he's a great player and I would CONSIDER having him for one year because he'd be on his best behavior (which IMO, is impossible), is not a team guy and would eventually ruin the atmosphere in the locker room.

Someone like TO will not be brought into the Redskins orginazation. I think the leadership here has made it pretty clear that charecter is the most important thing a football player on this TEAM. TO has very little charecter and what little he has is BAD.

HTTR

I can't see him signing a 1 year deal anywhere. I'm figuring he'll get a 3 year deal for good money, with lots of clauses and incentives. Some have said Tampa, but that aint gonna happen. Gruden wouldn't put up with Keychain, so TO doesn't have a chance there.

Dallas may take a look at him, and he fits right in with the rest of the head cases down there. I think he may wind up with the Vikes to be honest. They feel the loss of Moss a lot more then they expected.

Trust me, I'm far from being brainwashed by ESPN. There is no way TO signs a one year deal because so many teams are going to be after him. Because somewhere around 10 teams (maybe more) are going to want him, AT LEAST one team is going to offer him a multi-year deal to separate themselves from the pack. TO is going to get a reasonably big deal.

Point #2: T.O. would not fit in. He screwed a team in San Francisco and he screwed Philly last year. The reason this team won is because they played hard TOGETHER. Terrel Owens would ruin the comradery in the locker room because he's such a loner and a "me-first" player. That's called being realistic. This isn't a fantansy team or a madden franchise. The players have to like each other and feel like they're in it together. Reportedly Owens fell asleep in team meetings. What would the reaction be to him not listening to Gibbs? TO, while he's a great player and I would CONSIDER having him for one year because he'd be on his best behavior (which IMO, is impossible), is not a team guy and would eventually ruin the atmosphere in the locker room.

Where's this line of teams waiting to get TO? If ya'll are so adament about how crazy the man is, what makes you think another team will give him a multi-year contract? And how did TO screw SF? They traded him for a second round draft pick after he was trying to be a FA. How did he screw philly? Philly's offense wasn't that good without him, and you saw how bad it really was when he left. All they do is throw the ball, and that defense didn't play up to its "championship" standards this year anyway. He was a jerk for calling out his QB, but Philly was full of it too trying to make him keep that contract when they could've easily renegotiated. They played hard ball and lost. SF got rid of him, Philly tried to fight him. Now look at 'em all, they all need a little bit of help.

Where's this line of teams waiting to get TO? If ya'll are so adament about how crazy the man is, what makes you think another team will give him a multi-year contract? And how did TO screw SF? They traded him for a second round draft pick after he was trying to be a FA. How did he screw philly? Philly's offense wasn't that good without him, and you saw how bad it really was when he left. All they do is throw the ball, and that defense didn't play up to its "championship" standards this year anyway. He was a jerk for calling out his QB, but Philly was full of it too trying to make him keep that contract when they could've easily renegotiated. They played hard ball and lost. SF got rid of him, Philly tried to fight him. Now look at 'em all, they all need a little bit of help.

I don't really want to argue the TO situation because I think it's boring, but I will make one final post on the topic. Terrel Owens repeatedly called out Jeff Garcia (at the time a Pro Bowl QB who) and he yelled at his Offensive Coordinator and threw temper tantrems on the sideline while he was in San Fran. In Philly, he didn't pay attention in meetings and he ruined their season this year. Because he didn't play (and I'll remind you-it wasn't because he said he didn't want to play-Philly had to remove him from the team), Philly sucked this year. The reason he didn't play was because he was kicked off the team for being a baby and a horrible teammate, NOT because he held out. Terrel Owens would ruin our chemistry? What don't you understand about that?

Other teams will sign him because they are more despirate than we are. We already have a good team that only needs a few holes filled before we can be considered contenders. Adding a guy that has the potential to set us back a few years by being combative in the locker room is not a risk I'd be willing to take as a team that isn't too far away from being pretty good.

I don't really want to argue the TO situation because I think it's boring, but I will make one final post on the topic. Terrel Owens repeatedly called out Jeff Garcia (at the time a Pro Bowl QB who) and he yelled at his Offensive Coordinator and threw temper tantrems on the sideline while he was in San Fran. In Philly, he didn't pay attention in meetings and he ruined their season this year. Because he didn't play (and I'll remind you-it wasn't because he said he didn't want to play-Philly had to remove him from the team), Philly sucked this year. The reason he didn't play was because he was kicked off the team for being a baby and a horrible teammate, NOT because he held out. Terrel Owens would ruin our chemistry? What don't you understand about that?

Other teams will sign him because they are more despirate than we are. We already have a good team that only needs a few holes filled before we can be considered contenders. Adding a guy that has the potential to set us back a few years by being combative in the locker room is not a risk I'd be willing to take as a team that isn't too far away from being pretty good.

I'll let you go then since you're bored and just ask everbody else; Do you believe TO would've gone straight Hamas on the Eagles if they had renegotiated his contract? You honestly believe TO would've been blasting his coaches in SF if they weren't spiraling down towards the cellar? I'm not afraid of TO, because Gibbs will squash him like a bug before he hurts his team.

I'll let you go then since you're bored and just ask everbody else; Do you believe TO would've gone straight Hamas on the Eagles if they had renegotiated his contract? You honestly believe TO would've been blasting his coaches in SF if they weren't spiraling down towards the cellar? I'm not afraid of TO, because Gibbs will squash him like a bug before he hurts his team.

But didn't the Eagles try to "squash him like a bug"? You just critisized them for playing hardball with TO, but you think he would work in Washington because Gibbs wouldn't let him get away with anything? This contradiction seems like it might be your point of enlightenment. There is no way to deal with TO. He will do whatever he wants. I don't want a guy like that on our team.

TO doesn't care about what anyone thinks. Trotter, Dawkins, Jim Johnson, and all of the great leaders on that team couldn't keep him uner control. Bill Walsh couldn't keep TO under control when he was with the 49ers. I'm sure Terrel Owens would not be threatened by TO.

But didn't the Eagles try to "squash him like a bug"? You just critisized them for playing hardball with TO, but you think he would work in Washington because Gibbs wouldn't let him get away with anything? This contradiction seems like it might be your point of enlightenment. There is no way to deal with TO. He will do whatever he wants. I don't want a guy like that on our team.

TO doesn't care about what anyone thinks. Trotter, Dawkins, Jim Johnson, and all of the great leaders on that team couldn't keep him uner control. Bill Walsh couldn't keep TO under control when he was with the 49ers. I'm sure Terrel Owens would not be threatened by TO.

They told him to F himself when he wanted more money, and he essentially did the same thing to them. They didn't try to squash him, they tried to ignore him.

Edit: Walsh never coached TO, so what r you talking about?

Guest ComebackKing

I am sure other teams could offer him deals more than 1 year who would want to sign a 1 year deal? Atlanta or Tampa or somebody will sign him as soon as the Eagles cut and they will offer him big money. Some teams don't care how hard he is to manage he will win football games.

Sign T.O.????????

No, no, a thousand times, no!!!!

If for no other reason than I hate to have to surrender my season tickets which I've sworn to do if that happens :silly:

Seriously, all season we've heard about the chemistry, groove, call-it-what-you-will that the team had. People need to be let go, kept, and added but ALL of that has to be done in a way that doesn't "upset the apple cart", so to speak....

I don't see any way under the sun you can add a personality like that w/o doing so.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

Archived