Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Soaked in Seattle

PCS

That says it all. Oh. And accuweather sucks. ;) We had a great time out there representing and I'll write up some stuff later, I'm still getting my bearings after the weekend. Quick summary of it as follows.

Up. Over. Down. :doh: It's a car rental thing. Tarhog, his son, a friend of Tarhogs and myself meet at Sea/Teac International, ( all the way at one end), and go to the hertz rent a car counter. While there we must have seen at least a dozen Redskins fans coming in from Reno, DC, Maryland, ect. for the game as well. Cool. We get to the hotel despite me being the navigator for the ride, and hook up with Monte51Coleman. We eat ,drink, and be merry while talking about the Redskins and Extremeskins. Tarhog and crew head up to the room and Monte and I stay and close the place.......................with 2 very interesting Seahawks fans from......... Oregon. Long story.

Next morning, we're in the lobby waiting for the rental car when at least a dozen or so Redskins fans go by us at different times. Predictable reactions ensue. :) We decide to get something quick to eat before going so we head acrosst the street. Gee. What a surprise. There's a Starbucks nearby. :rolleyes: Seattle really is a good looking city btw. Off to the game we go, and yes, we have poncho. We get to the field and find a cash parking lot and we score big. It's the one we're looking for with the Mark's Tailgate. We park right in front of a bunch of Redskins fans and greetings are traded and we then make our way down their version of Tailgater row, much to the dismay of the locals. Boooo and other things are said and we find Mark's Tailgate pretty easy. Must have been the 25 or so Redskins fans and cars with flags on them that tipped us off. :) This thing grows to at least 60 strong and we dominate. Made it on local news singing HTTR. Ktrain tells all the Seahawks fans this is our house now. We took over. Damn near to be honest. The Seahawks fans overall were well behaved and we only had one incident. http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140774

Met all kinds of people from the board, ( pleasure to meet you all). and gave live report of the Western ES Tailgate to Huly. Chris's folks were there and they were nice enough to put up with me talking with them. Bery nice folks. Tailgate broke up, the sun was peaking out of the scattering clouds and we were trading good natured trash talk with the SeaHawk fans going to the game. Redskins56, Gibbs is our Savior and I high fived some more Redskins fans going into the stadium and we then split up to find our seats. Tarhog got us good seats. Endzone up high. Looking right down the Redskins Sidelines. I went back downstairs for a moment and that's when I noticed a local putting on rain gear. Uh oh. Yep. It started to rain. And rain. And rain. And then the wind kicked up. I watched the 3rd qtr from downstairs so I could get dry. Then back up I went, after giving an in game report. When the Redskins scored, you could feel the Stadium go uh oh. When they fumbled the kickoff, the whole place all but sagged. There were 4 Skins fans behind us and we kept saying, "hanging around". We were confident. Even when Hall missed the FG. Stadium picked up a bunch on that one. Then that third and short and things went downhill from there. SeaHawks fans, though easily dismayed, did their team well. So did we though. Wore our colors proudly, ( I had name tag labels saying hi to some people here :D on my fleece coat), and cheered our team. Right up until the end. Took our lumps outside afterwards and went to the hotel.

Needless to say, all plans to meet after the game sailed out the window with the loss. We stayed in and cleaned out the room mini bar. Tarhog was bombing Germans on Extreme and I was, well, swearing at ESPN. Though we did see me walking into the gate on local news. Hard to miss the X. :) Left this am early and I ended up hanging around the airport for a few hours. Met all kinds of Redskins fans wearing their B & G proudly, ( yes. Several of them heard of Gibbs the Hound). The general consensus. It was worth the trip. Yes it was. The galling part is that the storm that soaked me in Seattle yesterday was waiting for me in Utah when I got back today. :doh: Not many pics but here they are.

This young lady's boyfriend, ( not pictured), turned her into a Redskins fan. He then modified the jersey name. One of the funniest things I've seen in a bit.

seattletailgate7.jpg

Yes......nice jersey......a little preoccupied though with thinking of ways to patch the rip in her pants.... :paranoid:

PCS,

Did you make any chicklets for the west coast crew? Did you show them your Tom Cruise ****tail moves? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh: Didn't have the opportunity. Of course, there was no bar so..... ;)

Okay. So, I decided to come home from work, ( yeah, I was there for about 45 mins). Recovery time ya know. ;) A quick shout out to Monte51Coleman and his son, Redskins56, GibbsIsOurSavior, Ktrain, Fuji, Mark the Homer, RiggoDrill, and a bunch of others I'll remember later I'm sure. Nice to meet all of you. We had fun and at least before the game, owned the Tailgate area. Of course, a special shout out to Tarhog for making it possible for me to go. :)

This was taken just after we got there. You can see how big it grew when you compare. :)

This young lady's boyfriend, ( not pictured), turned her into a Redskins fan. He then modified the jersey name. One of the funniest things I've seen in a bit.

seattletailgate7.jpg

tailgate8.jpg

PCS, you were true to your word and posted the pictures of Katy on the internet. We had a lot of fun looking through everyone's pics and reading their gameday stories. Overall we had a great time meeting you and a bunch of other Skins die-hards, maybe we'll see you on the road again sometime next season. Best of luck to you in the meantime.

-Scott from DC and Katy from IN

PCS, you were true to your word and posted the pictures of Katy on the internet. We had a lot of fun looking through everyone's pics and reading their gameday stories. Overall we had a great time meeting you and a bunch of other Skins die-hards, maybe we'll see you on the road again sometime next season. Best of luck to you in the meantime.

-Scott from DC and Katy from IN

Scott and Katy, very glad to meet you two as well. Yeah. I said I would, but did make sure you all didn't mind first. Or did I just give a warning? :silly: Glad you all had fun. Please visit here more often.

PCS, great thread! I almost missed this one, although I checked this forum a couple times. Great Pics! Someone took a huge group pic of a whole bunch of us, do you remember? I keep hoping to see that pic. I don't know who took it. Anyways, great meeting all of you, and I now we'll meet again, and again, and again!

Archived