Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peyton Manning's Post Game Comments

KDawg

Did I just hear what I thought I heard on FOX?

"I'm trying to be a good teammate, but we had some protection problems."

What? Did he just call his OLine out? I guess he fits in with the kicker. Idiot kicker and idiot quarterback, it's a match made in heaven.

Did you see Manning's interview after the game?!

He said, "i'm trying to be a good teamate here but we did have some protection problems."

This family seriously needs to get grip.

First the dad declares that the San Diego Chargers aren't good enough for his boy Eli. Probably the best thing that ever happened to the Chargers by the way.

Now Payton Manning plays like pure crap and he decides to blame the loss on his o-line.

What a classy family.

Did you see Manning's interview after the game?!

He said, "i'm trying to be a good teamate here but we did have some protection problems."

It's kinda true though.

The protection sucked.

Tell me why Pittsburgh had guys coming in untouched but the Skins blitz and get stonewalled. Their OTs are soft and weak. But no, he shouldn't say that kinda stuff. Or at least, be honest but don't preface it with "trying to be a good teammate." If some guys need calling out, they need calling out.

What's that about the apple not falling far from the tree??

Manning, the elder, was a loser........talented as hell......but a loser just the same......

The Saints were willing to send Billy Kilmer packing because they wanted/got Archie. Thank you......thank you VERY much....

Cheers,

CLBinMD

Peyton Manning is nothing without great protection. Which is a another reason why I think Tom Brady(I know, he lost too) is a better quarterback than he is. The stupid thing about what Manning said is, every year the Colts lead the league in fewest sacks allowed. No one has been more blessed than he has when it comes to protection. I bet if David Carr was watching that interview, he probably laughed his ass off.

After seeing Manning's post-game comments, it makes me so frickin' happy that we have Mark Brunell as our leader. He would NEVER talk about a fellow player that way, even if it was deserved.

If our O-Line wasn't getting it done, he would have said he could have played better himself, and that they'll have to go back and see the tape before they comment....

Peyton Manning is nothing without great protection. Which is a another reason why I think Tom Brady(I know, he lost too) is a better quarterback than he is. The stupid thing about what Manning said is, every year the Colts lead the league in fewest sacks allowed. No one has been more blessed than he has when it comes to protection. I bet if David Carr was watching that interview, he probably laughed his ass off.

What kills me most is the fact that Manning was highly critical of Vanderjagt's borderline mentally handicapped comments, but then, a few years later, does pretty much the same freakin' thing. Pot. Meet kettle.

Stupid.

The thing is, what manning said is definitely true. He was running away from Steelers almost every play, and he still almost led a comeback.(helped by the referee's of course)

I mean, I understand why you think those comments are childish, but when it's true, I can't really fault him for it.

Tom Brady impressed me this year, but he's had even better protection than Manning.

The thing is, what manning said is definitely true. He was running away from Steelers almost every play, and he still almost led a comeback.(helped by the referee's of course)

I mean, I understand why you think those comments are childish, but when it's true, I can't really fault him for it.

Right, but you don't do that, no matter how true. You don't hear Brunell running around blaming the OLine for protection problems, and boy did we have them this year...

You don't hear of many quarterbacks doing that kind of thing, even when it holds weight.

Right, but you don't do that, no matter how true. You don't hear Brunell running around blaming the OLine for protection problems, and boy did we have them this year...

You don't hear of many quarterbacks doing that kind of thing, even when it holds weight.

I can only half agree.

Part of me says you should just give a straight answer to whatever the media asks, another parts says you should just be vague and plastic, and save any real comments for the locker room.

All I know, is if I were a football star I'd be terrible with the media. Someone would hate me.

I can only half agree.

Part of me says you should just give a straight answer to whatever the media asks, another parts says you should just be vague and plastic, and save any real comments for the locker room.

All I know, is if I were a football star I'd be terrible with the media. Someone would hate me.

I'm the kind of person who tells it like it is... But when you have a team relying on you to be the leader, you don't do that in a public environment. Maybe it's because I've been in that situation and I know what it's like...

Tom Brady impressed me this year, but he's had even better protection than Manning.

Brady doesn't have the offensive line in front of him that Manning does. The reason Brady doesn't get sacked a lot is he has great pocket mobility, and teams are afraid to blitz the Pats because he's so good at finding the open man quickly. And with them sending 5 guys out on basically every passing play, you run a big risk of getting burnt if you do blitz. But the Oline in front of Brady is not nearly as good as Mannings.

Archived