Extremeskins

Should we resign Rod Gardner

BigRay

NO...

we tried him as a #1 reciever, didnt work

we tried him as a #2 reciever, didnt work

theres a reason why we traded him, and the panthers cut him

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

exactly, plus he is not a team guy, not the "character" personality Gibbs wants in a player

No on Rod. IIRC he was whining right along w/ Coles behind the scenes.

If we take a flier on someone I say we try out David Boston. I don't think he's going to get a lot of interest this offseason, and I havn't really heard anything about him acting out this year and he was pretty far down the depth chart in Miami.

I don't think we need rod gardner, I think we need a healthy David Patten back, we need a healthy Randy Thomas, Renaldo Wynn, Tom Tupa (although he is getting old but is still the best directional punter in the game), and can we get a healthy Brandon Noble because he has been consistently injured in the preseason or offseason every year and that is annoying. We also need to draft some depth at Wide Reciever, and maybe like one defensive back.

We can't have Rod Gardner anyways he is playing for Green Bay

I don't think we need rod gardner, I think we need a healthy David Patten back, we need a healthy Randy Thomas, Renaldo Wynn, Tom Tupa (although he is getting old but is still the best directional punter in the game), and can we get a healthy Brandon Noble because he has been consistently injured in the preseason or offseason every year and that is annoying. We also need to draft some depth at Wide Reciever, and maybe like one defensive back.

We can't have Rod Gardner anyways he is playing for Green Bay

He's a free agent that is why the name came up I do have one name though I think he would fit in well Antwaan Randle El

Rod Gardner is better than David Patten to me. Gardner as a 3rd or 4th Wide Receiver isn't bad and he'd be cheap. Hell he woulda been cheaper than David Patten this year. Patten was good in the Patriots system but he's done had done nothing to deserve almost a 4 million dollar signing bonus from the Skins. I said from the beginning who in the hell was gonna give Patten that type of money? He's very average at best. Gardner woulda counted for only 1 mill against the cap this season and hell the only WR we have other than Santana I'd take maybe ahead of Gardner is Thrash. And thats only because Thrash is a solid special teamer. Gardner's problems was drops. Hell Jacobs can't even get open.

Another small tidbit. The Skins claimed that McCants wasn't a good Practice player. I know one thing, he was money in the Red Zone. Jacobs they say kills them in practice but he doesn't do a damn thing in the game. :2cents:

Rod Gardner is better than David Patten to me. Gardner as a 3rd or 4th Wide Receiver isn't bad and he'd be cheap. Hell he woulda been cheaper than David Patten this year. Patten was good in the Patriots system but he's done had done nothing to deserve almost a 4 million dollar signing bonus from the Skins. I said from the beginning who in the hell was gonna give Patten that type of money? He's very average at best. Gardner woulda counted for only 1 mill against the cap this season and hell the only WR we have other than Santana I'd take maybe ahead of Gardner is Thrash. And thats only because Thrash is a solid special teamer. Gardner's problems was drops. Hell Jacobs can't even get open.

Another small tidbit. The Skins claimed that McCants wasn't a good Practice player. I know one thing, he was money in the Red Zone. Jacobs they say kills them in practice but he doesn't do a damn thing in the game. :2cents:[/quote

Agree on Jacobs..

Another small tidbit. The Skins claimed that McCants wasn't a good Practice player. I know one thing, he was money in the Red Zone. Jacobs they say kills them in practice but he doesn't do a damn thing in the game. :2cents:

Did Patten really have a chance? A real chance? In the games he played...he really did pretty good.

His stats are:

Washington Redskins GAMES: 9 GAMES STARTED:7 RECEPTIONS:22 YARDS:217 AVERAGE:9.9 LONGEST:32 AND then he had 2 receptions for over 20 yards.

I just don't think we can throw the towel in on him yet........since he was out 1/2 the season.

Blondie

I think the anti-Gardner faction has been vindicated as much as possible. Not only did Gardner not work out but...

1) ...Gibbs came back from retirement & kicked him to the curb himself

2) ...Gibbs traded him for 6th round pick *ouch*

3) ...turned out to be a steal as he got cut half way through the season *double ouch*

4) ...to make room for a practice squad player *tripple ouch*

Proud to say I was with the anti-Gardner faction. A buddy of mine was given a terrible & unfair time by some really gay guys who called themselves the "ninjas" for saying Gardner would not work out & was grossly overrated. He won't come back here though I have told him the site is much improved since acquired by Redskins.com - but I'll say it for him...told you guys so.:silly:

Any "ninjas" care to speak up now? Or anyone remember the "ninjas" and who they were?

Did Patten really have a chance? A real chance? In the games he played...he really did pretty good.

His stats are:

Washington Redskins GAMES: 9 GAMES STARTED:7 RECEPTIONS:22 YARDS:217 AVERAGE:9.9 LONGEST:32 AND then he had 2 receptions for over 20 yards.

I'll add to that:

9 David Patten WAS 8 157 19.6 0 46

Those were his preseason numbers. If we continue to develop an intermediate and balanced (left and right side of the field) passing offense, HOWEVER we get it done, I think Patten will be OK.

At the least, he's a very good #3.

Archived