Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kevin Dyson would have been a good guy to keep

akorn22

We cut Kevin Dyson in the preseason. That was a horrible move. If we look at our playoff games, we would notice that he would be a perfect guy to have. Jacobs has got to go. He is too inconsistent and never makes big plays. Farris isn;t that good. and Thrash was hurt. Dyson may not have been moving at the speed he once was, but he would have provided sure hands. He also would have provided more depth in the WR corps, and he also would have provided great verteran leadership. Kevin Dyson was the main man in the music city miracle, and was also the guy who made the catch but came up 1 yard short in the SB against the Rams. I don;t think you cut a guy like him given the crappy back up WR that we have.

were you guys in all the meetings and practices in preseseason to see exactly why he got cut?

True. Gibbs is all about character, people that can motivate each other with their attitude and personality. Who knows what Dyson was like. Could have been a big factor. Shoulda just cut off his hands and stuck 'em on somebody else. Or we coulda put him on the other side of the field during kick returns. :silly:

I think a big hint of how Kevin Dyson was, how many teams picked him up?

None.

You'd think if he had some ability, someone would have called him during the season, but that never happened.

Jason

Green Bay could have picked him up. Instead they claimed 50/50 off the waiver wire.

We cut Kevin Dyson in the preseason. That was a horrible move. If we look at our playoff games, we would notice that he would be a perfect guy to have. Jacobs has got to go. He is too inconsistent and never makes big plays. Farris isn;t that good. and Thrash was hurt. Dyson may not have been moving at the speed he once was, but hw would have provided sure hands. He also would have provided more depth in the WR corps, and hw also would have provided great verteran leadership. Kevin Dyson was the main man in the music city miracle, and was also the guy who make the catch but came up 1 yard short in the SB against the Rams. I don;t think you cut a guy like him given the crappy back up WR that we have.

true , i remember a sweet toe tapping catch he had in the preseason.

I know we're not getting rid of jacobs, but he sux. He thrives in practices, but can;t produce in a real game. Dyson can produce in a real game as we all know. Who knows, maybe he could make an amazing comback like brunell did. But the veteran leadership would have relly helped the young farris and jacobs. He could have maybe taught jacobs a thing or two about catching the ball. But it's too late now to worry about him. We must now focus on getting a new 2nd wr, like wayne or randle el. Patten isn't that good either. we all know how well the patriots scout (picking up tom brady). They had Patten as a 3rd stringer because he is a 3rd string reciever at best.

I would'nt mind having TO but if we take that approach, we must realize what we're getting and keep him happy. THat's the only way to win with him. YOu see...the eagles got ruined by TO because they didn;t realize what they were getting. They honestly belived that they were getting a "changed TO" they thought they'd be able to discipline him and have him play their game. Well that's because the eagles are a stupid and cheap organization. From all their palyers and coaches, they are dumb, and the TO situation proved it. If we get him we must give him what he wants (hope we can afford it)

Archived