Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The REAL Reason We Lost

F Landry

INJURIES

They finally caught up to us, and yes, I know at this point of the season every team has injuries.

Our quarterback is dinged up, our running back is dinged up, (arguably) our best linemen is on IR, our 2nd and 3rd recievers were injured, all of our good cornerbacks were dinged up...

Hell, even ST missed a few snaps at the end there...

I still love the Redskins and I believe we will come back even stronger next year, and I am very satisfied with the year we had.

Get your hopes up guys!

:helmet:

:cheers:

INJURIES

They finally caught up to us, and yes, I know at this point of the season every team has injuries.

Our quarterback is dinged up, our running back is dinged up, (arguably) our best linemen is on IR, our 2nd and 3rd recievers were injured, all of our good cornerbacks were dinged up...

I still love the Redskins and I believe we will come back even stronger next year, and I am very satisfied with the year we had.

Get your hopes up guys!

I disagree. Seattle is just a better team. The skins had a tremendous season though.

I disagree. Seattle is just a better team. The skins had a tremendous season though.

Seattle took advantage of Raymer while he was in. Good move on their part. But to say injuries didn't effect us is a completely bias opinion brought on by being a Cowpuke fan.

That said, Seattle was the better team yesterday. But not by much.

Seattle took advantage of Raymer while he was in. Good move on their part. But to say injuries didn't effect us is a completely bias opinion brought on by being a Cowpuke fan.

That said, Seattle was the better team yesterday. But not by much.

Of course I was rooting for Seattle, but ultimately, as an unbiased observer who had no true emotional stake in the outcome, it was clear that Seattle was the better team. They pretty much controlled the game while doing their best to give it away all while the leagues best player went out very early. The skins only points came after a muffed punt and a flukish TD catch by Moss. About Moss though, he was a great addition to your team and a true clutch player. With that being said, I must tip my hat to you guys on a great season. I'm just glad it's over... ;)

INJURIES

Get your hopes up guys!

newsflash buddy..... INJURIES are a part of the game...... please think before posting

It's quite clear that Seahawks had the better O and we had the better D. What it came down to was our O vs their D, and in the end we just didn't have enough O. Our D played well enough and our ST's came through bigger than we anticipated.

We need an upgrade at DE, a contributing 2nd WR, and some other tweaks to the offense. I am not going to touch the QB spot now, although I feel that any time you do not have a premier QB or one who is blossoming, you have to explore your options. Perhaps Brunell's contract will limit ours....?

Injuries hurt. Lack of a true second WR hurt. Lack of any OL depth hurt. Lack of a true pass rush hurt.

For these reasons we WERENT a better team than Seattle, but I dont feel any shame in saying that. We had a great year, and Im looking forward to an even better one next year! (The saddest part is that soon the football dead period is about to begin :()

Of course I was rooting for Seattle, but ultimately, as an unbiased observer who had no true emotional stake in the outcome, it was clear that Seattle was the better team. They pretty much controlled the game while doing their best to give it away all while the leagues best player went out very early. The skins only points came after a muffed punt and a flukish TD catch by Moss. About Moss though, he was a great addition to your team and a true clutch player. With that being said, I must tip my hat to you guys on a great season. I'm just glad it's over... ;)

I hate to agree with this bum but on Saturday January 14, 2006 the Seahawks were better. And what it came down to was the QB's Hasselback fried us and Brunell got some lucky second half bombs. If Brunell was healthy the game would have been different with tha being said The seahawks was better then us that day.

I don't want to blame the reason we lost on injuries. That's an excuse. We lost the game. End of story. David Patten, Randy Thomas, and Thrash were deeply missed yesterday, but that's okay. We played them as tough as we could have hoped. Sure, I would have liked to get out of there with a victory but the real reason we lost is because we couldn't take full advantange off turnovers. That missed field goal by John Hall really hurt us in the end. But I like the way the Redskins players hung tough until the end.

The attrition and injuries are a function of blowing games in November this year, being forced to go into max out mode, and running out of gas

If Seattle had to travel across the country to place us while we had a bye and they played on the road the week before, its a different result

But as a result of our boys choking away November, and Seattle seizing 11 games in a row, we traveled

Big key

There are a lot of people here who are pointing out the fact that Alexander was out of the game, also, in turn negating us having injuries also.

I am going to have to disagree with this, because atleast Seattle had their quarterback at 100%.

Also, without Portis playing 100%, it hurts our passing game, and if our passing game is not going well, our running backs aren't going to have a fun time facing 8-9 men in the box...

Also, some other key injuries were Randy Thomas, David Patten, and James Thrash.

Bottom line, we weren't going to win this game without great quarterback play, and we didn't get that for some reason. Whether it be injury, or just a bad day for Mark, he wasn't playing very well.

On a positive note, I really feel that the only place for this team to go is up.

Heres to next year.

Coming from a fan whose team got their ass handed to them on our last encounter, doesn't hold a lot of weight around here. We were merely one missed field goal, and one dropped pass in the endzone from overtime, and a possible win. Injuries were a devastating factor to this team. We lost both kickers, one never returned the other returned, but isn't nearly the same. One of the best offensive guards in the league, one of the best defensive tackles in the league, a barrage of secondary injuries, a wide receiver lost for the year, and so on. With all this, we still outplayed the cowgirls, made the playoffs, won the first playoff game, and gave the #1 seed all they wanted. What's Dallas' excuse for not even making the playoffs, oh yeah, the Redskins whipped their ass. OUCH!! Man that hurts, doesn't it??

Archived