Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does everyone hate Brunell????

Ant15fromNJ

I don't hate MB, but if Santana Moss is double and triple covered how in the hell can you not find somebody else open? You mean to tell me every one is covered even though Santana draws so much attention? I like Brunell. He's gutsy and plays hard, but the truth is injuries and age has caught up to him. He is no longer a 16 game QB.

Additionally, FWIW, after spending so much time on this site I'm struck by how almost every ohter non-Redskin fan I talk to (when they're not trash-talking as an uncoming opponent) think Brunnel has done great and is still a very good QB.

They are almost always surprised to hear we have a number of folks head-hunting for Mark regularly, or prefer Ramsey (although many fans woudln't know a lot about another teams b/u).

I honestly feel Ramsey wasn't dealt a fair deal. He was hooked in the very first game because of a minor injury. Look what he did in the second Giants game. How do any of us know that he wouldn't have played that well or even better all year. I think the 3-0 start was deceiving, and everbody thought it was Brunell. It wasn't, it was our defense, as it has been all year. It is time to realize this team needs an athletic, stronger armed quarterback with legs. I'm sorry, the majority of the league with winning records, have this type of quarterback. I respect Brunell for hanging in there this year, but come on, do we really think he can compete next year? He will be 38 bu the end of the season. I think he will be a dynamic back up, someone who can come in on a moments notice, and run the offense with some success.

Archived