Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does everyone hate Brunell????

Ant15fromNJ

I got to tell you Mark's play this year is a lot better than anyone would have thought coming in week 1. Brunell led our fearless squad to the playoffs for the first time since 1999 which anyone would be happy with at the beginning of the year. Everyone should give him credit instead of ripping him apart. We went 10-6 beat the cowboy twice he led the team to 6 stright wins while playing injured. He has a sense that the great QB's have and that is why Gibbs gave him the team. He had 23 TD's and 10 picks which is a good ratio with a 85.9 rating. He played with guts all year when we were in bad situtations he played as well as he could to help our beloved Redskins win the game. For everyone that is saying to cut him you are wrong he is the leader and should start week 1 in 2006 unless we keep Ramsey like we should and he is ready to play the way coach Gibbs want.

You cant win without a QB!

HTTR!

People always want to totally rebuild the team every year. We finally have a good quarterback sinec like 13 years, and you guys want to bench him. It is so hard to find a good qb in this league. Believe me, there are SO many teams who would love to have Brunell right now. I'm friends with a ravens fan and a jets fan, and they both wish Brunell was a FA right now.

He played lights out with what he had to work here.

We have 1 wr all year, and a line who had trouble pass blocking. Yet he put up pro bowl type numbers. not to mention against ultra conservitive play calling

Mark will be the starter next season, and will lead us to the division title.

I expect some changes to be made in the play calling, and i think his numbers will be something like 3500 yds, 26tds 14 ints

most fans don't hate him... there are just a few complainers on here that do, and if you notice they complain about everything else.... just ignore them.

I'm in 100% support of brunell.

If Brunell plays next season, he must realize that Santana isnt the only receiver on the field. It's his poor awareness and poor decision during the last few weeks, that got fans upset with him. I like Brunell as well but he not what he used to be in JAX.

I think people are generally happy with the way Mark played this year; however, people also just have doubts about how age will limit Mark's effectiveness season-by-season.

Can we hoist a Lombardi with Brunell under center next season? Time will only tell. I think Patten's injury was probably the most significant of the season, as not having a true #2 receiver really hurt the offense. I do expect #8 to be our starter in 2006.

I dont hate brunell. I'm a brunell supporter. I expect him to start next year.

Same here. What I'm hoping for this off-season is a very reliable #2 WR and solid depth on the O-line and D-line. Brunell will be fine if we strengthen our o-line and provide more options on offense.

I also hope our bye week next year is in the middle of the season. It was way too early this year.

If Brunell plays next season, he must realize that Santana isnt the only receiver on the field. It's his poor awareness and poor decision during the last few weeks, that got fans upset with him. I like Brunell as well but he not what he used to be in JAX.

Umm...maybe Brunell focuses only on Santana is because we have nothing else at WR besides practice squad players.

I don't hate Brunell. It's just that he doesn't have the body to withstand the punishment to last an entire season. I know that they will let Ramsey go. It's obvious that Gibbs has no faith in him. They better get Campbell ready to go. period

bingo. No one hates Brunell...I am just critical of Gibbs and his total blind fate in him when obviously he is hurting/spend for 3-1/2 games right now. Considering that he was sooooooo quick to pull Ramsey out of the starting role I say Gibbs should have at least given this guy a chance after the 41 yard passing performance in Tampa. Maybe not to start but certainly in the second half of the game with Seattle.

He played lights out with what he had to work here.

We have 1 wr all year, and a line who had trouble pass blocking. Yet he put up pro bowl type numbers. not to mention against ultra conservitive play calling

Mark will be the starter next season, and will lead us to the division title.

I expect some changes to be made in the play calling, and i think his numbers will be something like 3500 yds, 26tds 14 ints

most fans don't hate him... there are just a few complainers on here that do, and if you notice they complain about everything else.... just ignore them.

I'm in 100% support of brunell.

Ditto. And look, Seattle and Tampa were double teaming COOLEY as well as MOSS the whole game. Brunell had to scramble to make throws he had so much pressure the past two games. He did great.

Some people just have to expel their anger out on somebody, and it is 100 times out of 100 gonna be the QB.

I am proud of our classy, tough, and never-quitting QB. He led us further than we've gone in 6 years. Actually, in 14 years, since it was our first playoff win since 1992 last week. Hail Brunell!! :point2sky

Brunell played gutsy. But it is clear that he is old and injury prone. His ball in the latter part of the season doesn't have any zip on it. I hope he retires or is cut (which I am sure won't happen). I would have rather seen a 100% Ramsey yesterday than a 50% Brunell.

I don't hate Brunell....it is just not possible for him to be any better than he was this year. I think we need more from the QB position to be able to play with the elite teams come playoff time. Face it...if it wasn't for the defense and the fact that we faced a rookie QB we would have gone out in the first round vs Tampa. I want to be able to challenge for a championship and it's clear that Brunell will never get us that far.

I respect Mark Brunell. I think his injury in the Giants game hindered him more than they were letting us know. It was bothering him Sunday, that was obvious. His throws on the run were high, and inaccurate. When you are in playoff games, you need a healthy, quick quarterback who can use his legs to stay out of trouble. Regardless of stats, Hasselbeck was the difference in the game. He used his legs as well as his arm on the touchdown drives. I think Brunell should be the back up next year, and if Ramsey or Cambell struggles in a few games, then try starting him again. His age has caught up to him, and the teams with the younger, stronger quarterbacks are going to be more sucessfull in the future. The off season should have fair competition to see who starts. If Brunell outshines and outplays the younger guys, then he gets the job. I just don't see that happening next year.

Who hates Brunell? I don't. I think he's one of the real good people in pro-football.

The problem is he isn't a great QB. He's a dry well. You can get some decent play out of him but there is no, absolutely none, upside at all. You know for certain his body isn't going to hold up, he struggles to see the field, hesitates to make the big throws.....well there is no need to go over it all again. Let's just say this, it's no surprise our winning surge at the end was built on DEFENSE and the RUNNING GAME. Brunells abilities were notably absent from the recipe for success.

We need a QB that is a STRENGTH not a game manager (which is a nice way of saying "not terrible"). We need a guy that can win if the opposing team shuts down our running game....not a guy that needs 100+ yards on the ground to his own game going. Sorry but if you look at it objectively there just isn't another conclusion. The Skins have a need at QB.

Out of 18 games this year (including 2 playoffs)... I believe Brunell threw for over 200 yards maybe 6 times.

I suppose it's easy to think it was Brunell that won us 11 games... but it was our defense that did. By shutting down opponents and creating turnovers. As Gregg Williams has said repeatedly... the Redskins were the #1 scoring team off of turnovers. The defense always gave the offense a short field.. it's the only way they could score.

That's why Moose Johnston was flabbergasted at the Skins 76-yard drive yesterday. That simply doesn't happen often enough with the Redskins. It's either 3-out... or a bomb to Santana.

The defense is what accounted for the Skins finishing 10-6 when they were at 5-6.

I don't think anybody "hates" Brunell. Personally I just don't think we can win a SuperBowl with him as our starter. His arms/legs are done. If he starts for us next year we will have a QB contraversy this city hasn't seen since the days of Kilmer/Theismann.

He is 36 years old, immobile, has a weak arm, bad field awareness and overall just cant make big plays when they need to be made. He is not the guy that is going to lead us to the promise land and if anybody thinks he is than you're just fooling yourself. Gibbs needs to get over his crush on Brunell if this team is gonna go anywhere.

Unless we sign new WR's, Santana is he only receiver on the field.

Man, I can't believe all the people who are still touting Ramsey, like he is the true savior of our offense. He is done here. He is a career back-up. Stop living in denial. Just because Spurrier drafted him in the 1st round doesn't mean he is the next Favre. Everyone is talking about Brunell being tired because he is old. Well, what about everyone else? Everyone was tired. Portis was tired and banged up. The whole o-line was tired and banged up. The defense was tired. The coaches were tired. The team had their bye week in week 3. They played 5 of their last 7 game on the road. There is a reason why #6 seeds never beat #1 seeds. So they lost in Seattle, where the Seahawks have won 15 of their last 16 games. The Redskins had a great season. We made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs and we swept the Cowboys and Eagles. It was a great year.

Out of 18 games this year (including 2 playoffs)... I believe Brunell threw for over 200 yards maybe 6 times.

I suppose it's easy to think it was Brunell that won us 11 games... but it was our defense that did. By shutting down opponents and creating turnovers. As Gregg Williams has said repeatedly... the Redskins were the #1 scoring team off of turnovers. The defense always gave the offense a short field.. it's the only way they could score.

That's why Moose Johnston was flabbergasted at the Skins 76-yard drive yesterday. That simply doesn't happen often enough with the Redskins. It's either 3-out... or a bomb to Santana.

The defense is what accounted for the Skins finishing 10-6 when they were at 5-6.

Makes me think of 4 WORDS.........

The offense..........it's Brunell.

Brunell played gutsy. But it is clear that he is old and injury prone. His ball in the latter part of the season doesn't have any zip on it. I hope he retires or is cut (which I am sure won't happen). I would have rather seen a 100% Ramsey yesterday than a 50% Brunell.

Ramsey is good but needs to learn how to keep the ball.

in the off season we must get campbell ready because brunell will probably retire, if not at the end of next season then he'll most likely do so the end of the following season.

Archived