Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Imagine if we had a Solid #2 Reciever

Staylor21

Patten is more than capable. Believe me guys, it was Brunell, not Patten. His hesitation to throw to anyone not named moss, is why. In preseason, MANY of us thought Patten would have a better year than moss. Think im crazy? That what we all were saying. Him and Ramsey were developing a chemistry(I Clearly remember the preseason game where Patten caught 3 amazing passes from Ramsey consecutively). If Campbell develps well, he has the big time arm to spread the ball around. Moss, Patten, and another wr through free agency should be just enought along with OL depth to take this Offense into a top 5 offense

Its settled ... all we need is to saddle up Campbell and sign Moulds to a friendly contract. Then our only challenges will be to dump Ramsey, sign a veteran back-up QB, find a reliable kick-returner with jet-speed and power (a la Brian Mitchell) and draft a suitable repalcement for LaVar. Such tweaking will happen ... I guarantee it.

Patten is too small to rely on every week. We need to get a physical WR that can get the tough yards underneath. Patten would be an ideal #3.

I don't think its because he is small... its because he is not good enough to be a #2...

A solid 3 is what patten is.

Its settled ... all we need is to saddle up Campbell and sign Moulds to a friendly contract. Then our only challenges will be to dump Ramsey, sign a veteran back-up QB, find a reliable kick-returner with jet-speed and power (a la Brian Mitchell) and draft a suitable repalcement for LaVar. Such tweaking will happen ... I guarantee it.

Close, still need to address the O-line (guard situation), a DE would be nice too...

Patten is more than capable. Believe me guys, it was Brunell, not Patten. His hesitation to throw to anyone not named moss, is why. In preseason, MANY of us thought Patten would have a better year than moss. Think im crazy? That what we all were saying. Him and Ramsey were developing a chemistry(I Clearly remember the preseason game where Patten caught 3 amazing passes from Ramsey consecutively). If Campbell develps well, he has the big time arm to spread the ball around. Moss, Patten, and another wr through free agency should be just enought along with OL depth to take this Offense into a top 5 offense

Remember though that Patten is coming of his knee surgery, meaning he is not going to be nearly as explosive as before. The best I see him next year is as our no. 3 receiver.

Wether Brunell got the Ball to him consistantly or not, Patten did the Job of keeping other ppl off Moss and Cooley for them to get the job done. Patten was a seriously underrated reciever for what he did this year. Moss even came out and said that Patten was able to convey wisdom to him that made him a better reciever this year. I think that with a fully Healthy Patten in the lineup we go to the SB this year instead of watching it at home.

Jacobs has been a bust, but he may not have been if he had the ball thrown to him more often. He didn't take advantage of the few opportunities he had but Brunell just didn't trust him, and that is that.

Archived