Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patten should return kicks next year

method man

I do not want a guy with a high propensity to fumble back there in Antonio Brown. Add this to our need for a no. 2 receiver and it makes perfect sense (maintaining Brown on the team = 6 receivers, which is too much).

Patten started off his career as a kickoff returner. Thrash would be our punt returner as he has better hands.

Guest amaprius

Gibbs kept Brown for some ungodly reason after the preseason and everyone has shown to be better than he....even Dyson. I am the biggest WVU fan and I hate Brown.

He was an excellent no. 3 receiver there and he would be an excellent no. 3 receiver here. However, if we are in serious cap trouble, I would cut him and his 2.5 mil contract

I know, he was good as a #3, but I don't really think we need him for that. How often do you expect us to go to a 3rd receiver next year? Did we run any 3 receiver sets this year? We have Santana and Cooley. With another receiver this could be an explosive offense.

Patten started off his career as a kickoff returner. Thrash would be our punt returner as he had better hands.

Patten will be 32 next year, coming off knee surgery. Therefore he won't be used to return kicks, when you have younger guys available like Betts to do that. Besides, Patten hasn't returned kickoffs in many years and has never returned PUNTS!

The Redskins need a punt returner and I am sure they will find one besides Brown. Thrash is o.k. as an emergency punt returner and fill-in, but at his age he is not the answer as the #1 punt returner.

Antwaan Randle El of the Steelers will be a UFA, so maybe the Skins can sign him, or draft Devin Hester of Miami U. :D

hesters crazy on returns...he's fast and amazing to watch...to bad he's leaving us for the draft.....would be great for the skins on ST and since the redskins actually have good coaches unlike us....hester will actually be good at CB or RB

hesters crazy on returns...he's fast and amazing to watch...to bad he's leaving us for the draft.....would be great for the skins on ST and since the redskins actually have good coaches unlike us....hester will actually be good at CB or RB

Well it won't be RB. He played CB and WR in college.

I think he would be a better pro CB than WR, but wherever he goes, that should be interesting to figure out and watch.

What I don't understand is why the Skins didn't sign Steve Suter of Maryland for punt returns this spring, when they had him in camp. Suter returned something like 6 punts for TD's at Maryland. Instead they kept Antonio Brown who has only averaged about 5 yard per punt return, when he isn't fumbling or misjudging the ball. Suter wound up going to Canada. :(

What I don't understand is why the Skins didn't sign Steve Suter of Maryland for punt returns this spring, when they had him in camp. Suter returned something like 6 punts for TD's at Maryland. Instead they kept Antonio Brown who has only averaged about 5 yard per punt return, when he isn't fumbling or misjudging the ball. Suter wound up going to Canada. :(

I go to Maryland so I had an opportunity to watch Suter. One of the things he prided himself on was never taking a fair catch in his college career. That would never work in the NFL. Also, he has a terrible senior season. I don't think he would have been an effective pro return man. :helmet:

Archived