Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WR Joe Jurevicius Is He a Gibbs Guy?

Frediemac

I like Juervicus. He's a hard worker and he gives his all, plus he's shown in NY and Seattle that he can get open. Is he a free agent this year?

Exactly. Joe is a Gibbs kind of guy: always working hard, you really don't see him drop much, he's very reliable, a quiet guy off the field...

I remember him saying earlier in the season that he wanted to go to Seattle last year because he thought he could help the team. He was the third string guy, but due to injuries in front of him, he stepped up big, and showed that he's still a solid WR.

I think he would make a very good #2 for us. Granted, he wouldn't draw a lot of double teams, but he's very reliable in the short yardage game. Having him for a year or two would allow the Skins to start looking through the draft or young free agent pool to find talent to groom for 2008. At the same time, we'd have a reliable set of hands across from Moss.

I say pick him up if we can.

it is going to be easier for the Redskins to bring in a veteran FA wide receiver now that we have Moss and Portis established in the offense. with the attention Moss and the running game get, an effective #2 receiver here can put up some nice stats.

Personally, I hope the Hawks keep him...but that is for personal reasons, he is a great 2nd or 3rd receiver, big dude and a posession guy. He was a great pick up this year, and actually caught more TD's than Santana Moss.

GO HAWKS!!

HawkMan

Don't ever mention that dude in the same breath as Santana Moss.

Thank you

Don't ever mention that dude in the same breath as Santana Moss.

Thank you

Wow calm down. Its not like he made up a stat or something or said he was a better reciever. They are two completely different types of receivers. Joe is a possession reciever that is huge (6'5") and that knocks people on their asses when they try to tackle them. He is more competitive than all but a few recievers I can think of. He would be a great fit as the second reciever in Washington and if he came your team would benefit immensely from having him. That said I want him to stay in Seattle.

I dont like Jurevicius, he seems like a 1 year wonder to me. The Buffalo Bills will wanna get rid of Eric Moulds becuase of his on the field ball wanting issues that include screaming at everybody on the sideline and in the locker room if he dosnt get it and the other reciever gets it. We'd have to trade for him which may be the issue though, not sure if they will release him. The other issue is he is 11 years pro and only has like 2 maybe 3 years left in him. So if we were interested in T.O i think Eric Moulds would be better. He could take our offence to the next level.

I rather trade for a man named Brandon Lloyd or Draft a big possession reciever.

Someone on here mentioned the Joe proved in New York and Seattle that he could get open. I think you forgot about Tampa Bay dude. The guy only won a Superbowl there and made the cover of Sports Illustrated throwing a stiff arm on one of the Raiders, with the headline, "It's a Rout!" written under it. He caught a little seven yard slant that he turned into a 71-yard play in the NFC Championship game in 2002 with the Bucs against, get ready for it, that's right, the EAGLES. The next year, in the season opener at the brand new Lincoln Financial Field, he caught two circus catches in the endzone, again sticking it to the Eagles. He helped the Bucs close down the Vet and ruin the opening of the Linc so yeah, I think you guys could use him.

Archived