Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell played well

#1SkinsFan

Brunell had to do A LOT of checking down today. It was depressing seeing all these plays where he was looking to throw deep, and then he had to check down for a 3 yard pass.

We definately need more firepower in our WR corps.

Santana Moss had a career year for the Skins this season, but with a complimentary WR opposite him, imagine how he will fly free then...?

Thing is, it's either a deep ball, MAYBE a deep in or a checkdown.

The offense or Brunell when he's in control of it, have no clue what an intermediate pass down the middle of the field is or crossing routes or slants.

Brunell sucked. C'mon 3 points off of 3 turnovers and the one touchdown he threw was a luck throw that should have been intercepted. wake up people

Here's a little education for you.... If you put Brady behind our OL today, with only one (really) good WR, and an overall conservative gameplan, then he's not going to have a great day either. There are other factors involved. I'm sure you weren't smacking your jawbones during the second Giants or Cowpukes games.

Here's a little education for you.... If you put Brady behind our OL today, with only one (really) good WR, and an overall conservative gameplan, then he's not going to have a great day either. There are other factors involved. I'm sure you weren't smacking your jawbones during the second Giants or Cowpukes games.

Isn't the point that an injured Brunell just isn't what he is when healthy and that this has been the case EVERY YEAR since, what 2002-3?

He's a little too quick to throw it away. We cant have a 2nd and 3rd WR step up if you dont give them a chance even when theyre in single. That pass interference on Farris was bull. He made a great attempt at the catch and almost pulled off a Santana-esque turn around catch... until the Seattle guy kneed him in the head.

Oh and my main problem with Brunell in the playoffs this season was that he seemed to make a lot of stupid decisions for being such a veteren in this league.

That's what kills me about him, is when he has a good chance for a first down on third down with guys open and then blows a drive. He did that at least twice today near the end, just like last week. He did the same thing during the earlier two and three game losing streaks.

He HAS to Stop! (although, I suppose he has for this season)

LOL

He played ok otherwise, but those late game drive-blowing plays are deadly.

If you just look at the stats, MB had a good game, but we all know that's not the true story. He got most of his fantasy stats when Seattle went up 17-3 and went into what looks to be prevent mode. The TD pass was pure luck. Kinda reminds me of the 1st Dallas game. MB didn't do sh*t for 3+ quarters. We need a QB that can perform all game. MB will never lead us to a Super Bowl, but sadly, he'll be our starter again.

Isn't the point that an injured Brunell just isn't what he is when healthy and that this has been the case EVERY YEAR since, what 2002-3?

His problem today had nothing to do w/ injuries - he had decent stats on par w/ Hasselbeck. The big problem on offense remains the absence of a complimentary, consequential #2 WR AND inconsistent play from the OL. Much of that late second half success had to w/ Brunnell's arm and his ability to scramble around in the backfield to buy time.

With the addition of a seriously good #2 WR, maybe Patten's return in the #3 slot, and a healthy Randy Thomas good things will happen again for Brunnell. The likely addition of more depth at G, and maybe a more solid TE will be a bonus.

Well come on now, the first Dallas game Brunell threw two really good touchdown passes and ran a big first down too.

In thsi game the touchdown pass...(the first touchdown pass;-) should have been picked off, but somehow ended up in Moss' hands...so it's a bit different. In the first Dallas game the passes were timed pretty perfectly, in this game, not so much so.

Archived