Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we waste this defense on rebuilding?

skinsrevival

I know we've been giving up yards but the D has been solid. You can't expect them to win games every week. I find it hard to believe that everyone is covered on offense. It seems like Brunell is locked in Santana Moss and holding the ball so long. We need to make a stop now and just let the ball fly on offense. I'm very happy with the D. Our offense is laying an egg with the three and outs.

Once again, these guys played their guts out. They gave us the chance to go ahead early and we didnt do it. I hate when we play punt and field pos. at the beg. of games because eventually teams like Seattle will bust loose no matter how great a D plays. The way they our D played the last 7 games is incredible considering the injuries and tough games. Hats off to G.Williams, the best D Cord. in the NFL.

I aplogize if some consider this a bad thread or it gets reapeated before I get to post it but i'd really like some intelligent reponses to it.

We have a great defense, who knows with free agency how long we can keep it together.

Our defense is clearly good enough to win championships.

My question is this. Do we start the Campbell years now? That would be a waste of a championship defense in my opinion, I don't think you can win in the NFC with a QB that hasn't played, Eli is a prime example of that. Eli was clearly not ready for playoff football.

So what do we do about the offense knowing that it is the missing link to this team really turning the corner?

Do we stick with Brunell and add some weapons?

Maybe but isn't that alittle risky being that he isn't exatly a young guy and will only age in the off season.

Can we expect him to last another whole season? He was clearly worn down and beatin today and honestly he's looked like this for 3 weeks.

We need to add a #2 reciever regardless of who playing QB and we need to get better on the o-line.

So the real question is, do we go out and get another QB and let Brunell go?

This season was great but I would hate to see another season come to an end because the offense just couldn't get it done.

No. We get some quality O-line backups, a couple decent receivers next to Moss.

Yes I agree that needs to be done no matter who the QB is.

But the question is, who plays QB next year?

We have 3 Qbs on the roster now that are all risky.

Brunell is old and clearly ran out of gas at the end of the year and he will only get older in the off season.

Ramsey probably isnt even an option, he'll be gone, right or wrong.

Campbell, he's the future but if we play him next year we are throwing in the towel, you cannot go deep into the playoffs with a rookie QB no matter how good your team is. Ben Rothlis, Eli Manning, both played bad in their first years.

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility that we go out and get a younger experience QB to take advantage of having such a great defense?

If Brunell was even 5 years younger i'd say we were set, but he's not.

This is the type of defense that can win Super Bowls, I don't want to see it go to waste.

I'm damn proud of this team. Defensively we have played great, offensively we suck. We got Portis and Moss and Cooley. We have an immobile QB and an O-line that is depleted. We need some offensive players to fulfill where we lack and a #2 recieverto complement Moss. 4 - 12 is what was predicted. I'll take a 11 - 7 season over that anyday. The offense is embarrasing to watch. With some additions to the oline our team could be very deadly next season.

I think with Randy Thomas in there we would have had better protection, Ray left with cramps and left us with Raymer, who can't play center too well let alone guard. Some good young O-line backups help this. Some decent receivers beside Moss to go along with better blocking make Mark look better. Cambell hasn't seen NFL game speed and he is more apt to play like Ramsey at first and not like Ben Roethlisberger.

We can win with Brunell, we have this year. He needs protection and more targets.

I have said this in another thread but will say it here. As long as Joe is coach we will have a veteran at QB, unless Jason is amazing I just do not see it.

This year all teams playing rookies lost in the playoffs, Joe knows that all we need is some depth at OL, some other WR's and a kicker and we could go all the way next year with Mark at QB.

The experience from the winning streak to the game today will put us in great position next year.

I don't understand why everyone is talking about the defense. They did not show up with the intensity they had last week.

Our D hasn't won us but a couple games all year. We are not the 2000 Ravens and will never be. But they keep us in games by keeping good offenses down giving our offense a chance to win.

The problem is really not Q-back. It's lack of depth at o-line and having NO receivers other than Moss.

But yes, next year it's time to give the ball to Ramsey.

How is that if we are going to trade him for picks???

He is the one guy we can get picks for.

I think that we build the team up so that it can make a run next season, if brunell breaks we put in ramsey. I for one think Campbell needs a second year of apprenticeship. I was at the Pittsburgh game in the preseason and i saw Campbell throw a pass that came out of his hand, went up in the air for five seconds, spinning and twisting, and land ten yards beyond the line of scrimmage AND the pass wasnt deflected. The picking of Campbell makes sense if its purpose was to get the next QB 2 years of apprenticeship instead of one.

How is that if we are going to trade him for picks???

He is the one guy we can get picks for.

No one in the organization has ever said anything about trading or not trading Ramsey. He is more valuable to the team at this point than any draft picks we could get. We don't need huge additions of talent, just a couple of pickups and a QB who isn't on his last legs.

We make priority 1 getting Campbell ready to play so that he atleast will be able to be the back-up and if he really progresses can start but we definately go into next season w/Brunell as the starter...

I think as long as we keep this Defensive coaching staff around the D will be fine, besides the players we cant afford to lose are locked up in contracts for yrs to come...

Archived