Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut list....

dg28daman

Mark Brunnell PLEASE! How the hell can this guy be employed as anything more than a towel boy at a car wash?????????????

The bummer about Brunell is that there were some obvious plays where he could have gotten a 1st down w/ his "younger" legs.... His isn't the best, but it doesn't suck. It's just sad that we have to live on a QB who doesn't have the physical skills anymore. Here's to hoping Ramsey figures out how to run & get rid of the ball and/or Campbell figures it all out in the offseason.

Cut: A.Brown, T.Jacobs

Trade: Ramsey

Keep: J.Hall (good kicker, injury hurt him), LaVar, Harris (as nickel back, though Jimoh has stepped up), Brunell

I can't believe how people are acting around here. We were close to winning that game and going to the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. We don't need to clean house. This is not 1993. It is not 2001. We were 3 games from the Super Bowl. Our leaders need to stay in place.

I agree Raymer played terrible but hes not a guard, he was playing out of position and did what he was asked when put in a tuff situation, we just need more depth on the o-line.

What ever happened to Molinaro? I remember he was drafted as a tackle, but I thought they kept him b/c he could play guard too.

Wh ycut Raymer?????????He is a backup CENTER not a right Guard!!! He tried his hardest to play a new postion I guess this is just anger because these is stupid cfor saying vut Lavar and Raymer!!!

Because he sucked at center too, that's why. That's why I'd cut him. Get rid of AB, Cory freakin Raymer, Taylor (the greatest bust ever) Jacobs, and Jimmy Farris. We should look into a punter as well, cause Tupa might just end up retiring and Frost wouldn't break my heart if he was cut as well.

Cut: A.Brown, T.Jacobs

Trade: Ramsey

Keep: J.Hall (good kicker, injury hurt him), LaVar, Harris (as nickel back, though Jimoh has stepped up), Brunell

I can't believe how people are acting around here. We were close to winning that game and going to the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. We don't need to clean house. This is not 1993. It is not 2001. We were 3 games from the Super Bowl. Our leaders need to stay in place.

Agreed. It was disappointing to see such a drop off though. Our O-line is filled w/ stars, I was hoping that they would be able to fill-in and not look like total *****.

Did you expect anything different?

Have you not noticed the tone of this board lately?

Thank you for this post.

Blondie

Im in this camp as well. Hell, anything after game #16 was just a bonus for me. Im very pleased with this season. Save this talk for later.

Man Raymer is a adequate center. He's not a guard, so if he plays that way at center I'd say yeah cut him but he's center. Now maybe its the organization's fault that they didn't get a versatile back up lineman to play multiple positions.

They did, Ray Brown. You're right though, they just needed more depth. THey seemed to run out of gas, it was a good run

We have had an AMAZING season. I can't believe some of y'all are trashing Gibbs. He is the best thing that could've happened to this team.

And Brunell - Brian Mitchell said he thinks his leg is still bothering him and I agree. He played absolutely AMAZING during the Cowboy-Giants games. It was after he hurt his knee that he started sucking. If he's at anything short of 100% he's not that great. Besides, look at his stats. They aren't that bad. I like Brunell.

But Hall, I am mad at.

But we had to lose sometime - and we lost to a very good team. Who thought we would've made it this far?

On to next year!

Trade Bait: Ramsey (I like him, but if we're not going to start him-which I think we should be doing-we have to trade him); Arrington (not the same player he once was. He Just looks very stiff)

Cut/Don't resign: Taylor Jacobs (As soft as they come); Frost (he was great today, but TUPA should be back); Hall (he SUCKS-misses field goals, kicks the ball shorter on kickoffs than anyone in the league. Good fumble recovery today though); Raymer (I don't care that he's a center not a guard. HE GOT BEAT ON EVERY PLAY. Literally every time he was in, he got beat. I can assure you that it would be worse if he had to snap the ball too);, Bowen (we just don't use him); Royal (I had high hopes for him, but he isn't a good blocker and he doesn't make any plays in the passing game-he can be replaced)

NO PLAYER IS GREATER THAN THE TEAM! Stop defending these players just because they played hard. If they sucked and we can do better with different players, we should cut them-end of story.

Why don't we just cut everybody......fire Joe Gibbs and start over from scratch.

I am being sarcastic, but I hope you get my feelings on this.

I hear ya, goskins.

It's truly sad to see this thread. We've just had one of the best seasons since the last time Gibbs was here, and you have a whole thread full of "genius" fans who want to blow the team up and start all over. :doh:

Thank God Gibbs is running this team, and not them.

John Hall needs to go. Not because he missed a field goal in this game...all field goal kickers miss occasionally.

But on every kick-off when you give the opponent 10+ yards right off the bat, you need to get someone with a stronger leg. When is the last time you saw him kick-off for a touchback?

I hear ya, goskins.

It's truly sad to see this thread. We've just had one of the best seasons since the last time Gibbs was here, and you have a whole thread full of "genius" fans who want to blow the team up and start all over. :doh:

Thank God Gibbs is running this team, and not them.

People will point the finger at everyone as if they actually knew what they were talking about. Instead of enjoying the ride and what we have accomplished.. Now I like the original idea of this thread to allow us to reflect on our less talented players, but some less intelligent posters have changed the complexion of the thread =/

Since I was invited to go celebrate a good game by some Seattle fans I was sitting near, I'm going to go have a good time and catch my flight tomorrow and reflect more next week.

Yes - it's offseason so it's time for this conversation. All of the suggested cuts will have the opportunity to try to make the team. But the expectations are (if the Skins bring in legitimate competition) is that the named player won't make the team.

It's obvious to all Skins fans that the Redskin offense would have been a LOT better if there were legitimate WRs to complement Moss. Next year Patten should be back and hopefully will be more productive when healthy. Skins need TWO more WRs because Taylor Jacobs has had three years and couldn't produce either because injured or because he couldn't get separation. Thrash is great at special teams but really can't contribute too much anymore as WR.

Ray Brown is going to retire. Corey Raymer is the back-up C but his skills declined tremendously at C and played really poorly at G. He's also getting a little old. Skins need to get Two more G/C back-ups to develop.

Was this Ladell Betts last year of contract? If so, Cartwright and Nemo will have to step up next year. But, I think Skins will be fine in all other Offensive positions. I wouldn't mind another TE.

Raymer must have been the second guard for today. To say he's playing out of position is b.s. The team must have had a backup plan for each position, and Raymer was the skins answer at guard. It could not have been more wrong, but don't tell me he's out of postion. He was the backup plan.

Archived