205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our top 3 WR's?

• Doering
    • Gardner
    • Green
    • Lockett
    • McCants
    • Thompson

Don't be surprised if the Niners hold Chandler to see if they can extract a pick from the Skins...

-- Redskins Want Chandler -- from FFMastermind.com

WTEM reports the Washington Redskins are watching the waiver wire to see if the 49ers release fourth round draft pick PK Jeff Chandler, a former Gator. The Redskins would like to replace PK Brett Conway with Chandler.

On this note, I noticed that Spurrier made some rare negative comments about an individual player during training camp in talking about Conway. He was bothered that Conway didn't kick much, and said he'd never been around a kicker who didn't kick much. (Supposedly Conway was sick, but the criticism was pointed.)

Spurrier may have been thinking about Chandler in the back of his mind all summer. At the very least, as a point of comparison.

Spurrier also has direct experience as a kicker, having kicked the game-winning 40-yard FG in his last game as a Gator. So if he feels free to second-guess his QBs, I'm sure he feels the same way about kickers.

Easier said than done. If they hold Chandler, who presumably doesn't fit into their picture, they will have to let someone else go who does. Look at the Skins - with our final roster cuts, we are going to have to let a few players go who looked promising in the preseason and who, given an extra available roster spot, might have made the team.

Even if your kicker is a pu$$y???

Don't you mean "OUR" kicker? I see how it is. When he does something wrong, he's "MY" kicker. But when he does well, he's "OUR" kicker....

Sorry, I've just heard way too many parents doing the same thing when talkin bout their kids. It was too easy to ignore.

I am at home today, suffering from the throat thing, that made me sound so bad last night. I thought I might post to this one.

Buddha--Even if your kicker is a pu$$y???

Art-- All kicker's are pu$$ies. It's part of the equation

I just love how y'all disguise that word!! Hey, at this point, I think he is one too!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Blondie

You wont get Chandler without a trade. Hes already been given 300,000 by the niners and they have alsi stated that they will keep both for a t least a month or two. They want to be able to get a decent trade from a team who desperately needs a kicker.

Akers is the man!!!!!

Chandler has been taking a dive all preseason. The guy is the all time leading scorer for Florida and likes to golf with the coach. When I say all-time, I mean all-time at all positions. You are trying to tell me he is really missing all these 35 yarders?

I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

To wit; allow me to give you 368 reasons why we could use him:

CAREER A redshirt senior who joined the Gator program as a walk-on in 1997 and is now UF's all-time leading scorer (368 points)... Graduated on Dec. 15th with a degree in telecommunications...67 of 80 on field goals in his career and 167 of 180 on PATs...School's all-time leader in field goals made (67), first in PATs made (167) and second in field goal percentage (83.8%)...Ranks second in SEC history in scoring with 368 points, fourth in league history in field goals made (65) and second in field goal percentage (83.8%)...Was rewarded with a scholarship prior to the start of the 1999 season...Entered the 2000 season as a senior but was granted an extension of his eligibility in November of 2000 by the NCAA...Played in 46 regular season games for 476 plays and saw action in the 1999 Orange Bowl, the 2000 Citrus Bowl, the 2001 Sugar Bowl and teh 2002 Orange Bowl...Semifinalist for the Groza National Place-Kicker of the Year Award in 1999 and 2000...A second-team All-America selection in 1999...First Team All-SEC selection in 1999 and 2001...Chosen UF's MVP for the 1999 season...His 51-yard field goal in the 2001 Sugar Bowl was the longest in UF Bowl History...Career long field goal (54 yards) came against Georgia (Oct. 28, 2000)

2001 SEASON Named the nation's top place kicker by The Sporting News in their annual preseason rankings...Graduated on Dec. 15th...First Team All-SEC selection by AP and Football News and second-team honors from league coaches...19 of 22 on field goals and 46 of 48 on PATs...Ranks second nationally in field goals per game (1.90) and sixth nationally in scoring (10.30 points per game)...First on the squad in scoring with 103 points...Streak of 16 straight field goals made to end his career dates back to second attempt vs. LSU (Oct. 6) and is the second longest in school history...Made first appearence of the season vs. UL-Monroe, making 1 of 1 (field goals and 7 of 7 PATs after missing the season opener vs. Marshall as part of the ruling the NCAA issued last November which gave him an additional year of eligibility (he was awarded his fourth year of eligibility after an appeal by UF that he not lose one year of eligibiliy due to the fact that he participated in just one play in 1997)...Two FGs (45-yard and 32-yard) vs. Auburn...Four of four (42, 36, 46, 44) on field attempts and converted six of six PATs vs. South Carolina for a total of 18 points...Three of three (36, 38, 18) on field goal attemprs and converted all four PATs vs. Florida State for a total of 13 points...Made all four field goal attempts (20, 27, 35, 52) and converted all three PATs for a total of 15 points vs. Tennessee...His eight successful PATs (on eight attempts) broke a 49-year old Orange Bowl record.

2000 SEASON One of the nation's premier place-kickers…Semifinalist for the Lou Groza Award for second consecutive year…Second-team All-SEC honors by the Associated Press and Coaches and honorable mention All-America honors from Football News…Voted UF's most outstanding special teams player for the season…16 for 19 (84.2%) on field goals and 49-53 on PATs…Led squad in scoring with 97 points which was second in the SEC and first for kickers…Kicked season-long 54-yard field goal against Georgia, also had 49-yard kicks versus Mississippi State and South Carolina…31-yard field goal versus Auburn made him the school's all-time leading scorer with 228 points (now has 265 career points)…30-yard field goal versus Vanderbilt was the 44th of his career, setting a new UF career record for most field goals made…51-yard field goal vs. Miami in the Nokia Sugar Bowl was the longest for a Gator in UF's bowl history

1999 SEASON Handled all kickoffs and place kicking chores…Played in all 12 games for 143 plays…Also played in Citrus Bowl…Received a scholarship prior to the season…Semifinalist for the Lou Groza Collegiate Placekicker of the Year Award…Named to The Sporting News All-America second team…Football News honorable mention All-America…Received first-team All-SEC honors…Received Ray Graves Award as UF's Most Valuable Player and was also named UF's Outstanding Special Teams Player…38 of 41 on PATs and 21 of 24 on field goals with a long of 50 vs. Florida State…29 of 76 kickoffs were touchbacks with opponents average starting position at the 23-yard line after…kickoffs…21 field goals was second-best on the UF all-time seasonal list…Field goal percentage of 87.5 (21 of 24) tied for best in nation (min. 15 attempts)…First in the SEC in field goal percentage (21 of 24 for 87.5 percent) (min. 12 attempts)…First in the SEC and tied for fourth in the nation with 1.75 field goals made per game…Second in the SEC and 19th in the nation in scoring with 8.42 points per game…Versus Western Michigan, was 7-for-7 on PATs and 2-for-2 on FG (22 yards and 40 yards) and 3 of 9 kickoffs were downed in endzone…In the Central Florida game, was 7-of-8 on PATs (one blocked) and 1-for-1 on FG (21 yards)…Against Tennessee, was 2-for-2 on PATs with three field goals (23 yards, 33 yards and 41 yards) and one special teams tackle…5-for-5 on PATs versus Kentucky and 1-for-1 on FGs (49 yards)…2-for-3 on PATs against Alabama and 1-for-2 on FGs (37 yards)…2-for-3 on PATs versus Auburn and career-best 4-for-4 on FGs (21 yards, 35yards, 22 yards and 19 yards)…3-for-3 on PATs against Georgia and 1-for-2 on FGs (40 yards)…1-for-1 on PATs against Vanderbilt and 2-for-2 on FGs (29 and 33 yards)…2-for-2 on PATs against South Carolina and 2-for-3 on FGs (46 and 29 yards)…2-for-2 on PATs against Florida State and 3-for-3 on FGs with a career-long of 50 yards (50, 45 and 22)

1998 SEASON Played in all 11 regular season games for 108 plays…Also played in Orange Bowl…Named UF's Most Outstanding Special Teams Player…33-37 on PATs and 11-15 on FGs…63 kickoffs with 13 touchbacks and an average starting drive of the 25.8-yard line for the opponent…Also credited with three special teams tackles…21-yard field goal vs. Kentucky was first of collegiate career…Made all three of his field goal attempts (24, 24, and 28 yards) and also recorded three touchbacks vs. Alabama…Career-long 46-yard field goal vs. Auburn…

1997: Played in one game (Central Michigan) for one play…Made his only extra point attempt of the season

Originally posted by phanatic

You wont get Chandler without a trade. Hes already been given 300,000 by the niners and they have alsi stated that they will keep both for a t least a month or two. They want to be able to get a decent trade from a team who desperately needs a kicker.

Akers is the man!!!!!

We cut akers:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And O an B, this kid must be your brother. Noone types something that long for a kicker.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by Orange&Blue Skins

Chandler has been taking a dive all preseason. The guy is the all time leading scorer for Florida and likes to golf with the coach. When I say all-time, I mean all-time at all positions. You are trying to tell me he is really missing all these 35 yarders?

I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

To wit; allow me to give you 368 reasons why we could use him

Let me get this straight. You are saying that Chandler is *trying* to get cut by the 49ers so he can rejoin Spurrier as a Redskin?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's an astounding accusation. It's the kind of action that (if followed broadly by players) could destabilize the entire college draft. Players would dog it in preseason, get cut, and then join the team they really want to play for.

Makes you wonder why (or if) this hasn't happened before.

Does anyone agree with this notion about Chandler?

I suspect if the league ever could prove collusion between Chandler and Spurrier, they'd suspend Spurrier. This is what makes me doubt that Spurrier is in on this. Still, a pretty shocking suggestion, if I'm understanding you correctly.

Conway is a solid mid-range kicker when he is healthy and he played well last season, , making some longer FG's he had not made in the past.

But for the second time in 3 years, Brett is nursing an injury that has kept him out of consecutive preseason games leading up to the opener.

The frustrating point is, as Spurrier noted, that unlike Mark Moseley who kicked regularly in camp and the preseason, Conway had been 'saving' himself for the season by limiting his offseason work.

And he gets hurt anyway :mad:

The larger point, though, is if the Redskins believe Brett is going to be able to kick in the opener or a game or two into the season the team would be stupid to release him and go with an unproven performer for the season as they tried to do with Chris Heppner back in 2000, which began a chain of events we would all rather forget (they should keep Tuthill for one game if necessary).

If the team, however, believes Conway is going to miss more time than that perhaps we need to make a permanent change.

But in that kind of a move I would be looking for someone who has NFL experience and not just a rookie released in the final cutdown by another team.

That doesn't buy us any immediate security as we know that even promising rookie kickers often fail to deliver under the pressure of NFL game conditions.

Originally posted by phanatic

Akers is the man!!!!!

That sounds very......made up.:rolleyes:

Archived