Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rolling out?????

GOSKN5

I was just looking back at some of the earlier games we played and i got to thinking... how come we havent been rolling Brunell out lately.... i mean really we stopped quite a few weeks back.... whenever he was rolling to the side he always seemed to find someone open.....

I know he has hurt his leg and all that but he is still plenty mobile enough to roll out on passing plays....

does anyone have an answer to this??? I am just curious.. i think it could also help our offense this week and beyond if we start rolling out some more....

I dont know. Those plays did seem to be the main passing plays that worked in our system early in the year. I think that it might have to do with two things. The facts that it is the end of the year, and he is a little beat up probably plays a part in it. And, I think that teams probably know how to defend against it now, so it is less effective than earlier.

Yeah i agree he is beat up.. and teams do defend against it.. but we havent shown it in probably 8??? weeks maybe... at least not much... i wish they would mix it in there a few more times.... i know he is healthy enough to roll the pocket.....

Have you seen Brunell throw on the run lately?He hasn't looked good doing so.I think it has something to do with his knee.He seems to be able to move ok going straight ahead.It seems his passes are sailing when he is on the move.Hopefully there will be an improvement in that area this week and he will be more effective.

Archived