Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everyone Wear The Same Thing You Did Last Week For The Game!!

MRGIBBS

There's a heck of alot more ritual taking place then just the clothes. For instance, I have a certain hat on at kickoff. Depending on the progress that hat ends up in the kitchen replaced by another. Sooner or later hat 1 ends up on the dog (always backwards) hat 2 ends up in the hallway and hat 4 makes an appearance. Hat 3 never makes it out of the closet for fear of a major catastrophe! Jerseys, jackets, shorts and clickers all follow various other scripts dependant on the flow of the game. There are even times when I watch the game through a mirror in hopes of pulling good karma from the "alternate universe"!!! It's pretty messed up actually. ;)

HTTR!!!! :cheers:

Dude I have been doing everything the same for the last 6 weeks....

I have not shaven since we started winning....

My face is sooooo itchy.... And you know what? Its sooooo worth it!!!

HTTR

p.s. Last night I printed out full size letters and across my entire garage door I spelled out in huge letters

HAIL

TO

THE

REDSKINS

And on the other garage door (its a 3 car one with 2 doors) I spelled out

HAIL

COACH

GIBBS

Honestly it was one of the coolest things I have seen.... sadly this morning when I woke up it was so windy down here most of the letters flew away before I could get a pic of it and post it... But I like to think that it was just the good Lord spreading a little truth about the Skins around the neighborhood!!

GO SKINS!!!!:logo:

I got my "Westside Barbell" shirt underneath my burgandy Marcus Washington jersey, got my Redskin shorts on with Redskin warm up pants on over top, I have my Redskin headband on and I have the Redskin livestrong band thing on my wrist that Huly was handing out at the tailgates earlier this year...

Same thing I've worn every week since the streak began.

There's a heck of alot more ritual taking place then just the clothes. For instance, I have a certain hat on at kickoff. Depending on the progress that hat ends up in the kitchen replaced by another. Sooner or later hat 1 ends up on the dog (always backwards) hat 2 ends up in the hallway and hat 4 makes an appearance. Hat 3 never makes it out of the closet for fear of a major catastrophe! Jerseys, jackets, shorts and clickers all follow various other scripts dependant on the flow of the game. There are even times when I watch the game through a mirror in hopes of pulling good karma from the "alternate universe"!!! It's pretty messed up actually. ;)

HTTR!!!! :cheers:

Thats the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.... I love ya brotha!!!

And I thought I was insane... last week I got mad at my girlfriend because she was watching in the wrong room. I also freaked when she tried to bring an "unknown and untested" hat into the mix against the Philly game. As soon as she got back on track Skins pulled away with the win at the end. She is a great fan and puts up with my crazy ass. God bless these women who put up with us!

I also slept in my jersey last night like I have every night before the game for the last 6 weeks.

The weird thing is that after we lost to the Chargers I took my Trotter jersey (I know I know but I have like 20 jerseys from the days when we had more turnover then Chris B. turning over to get ass pounded by his beloved Geee men) and I set it on fire in my lawn. The neighbors think I am insane but they know I am a Vol. firefighter so what are they gonna say? Then I started wearing my Westbrook (I know I know) jersey and we have been winning since so I cant change it. Even though I so want to.

Archived