Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Airplane Hangar?

RiggoReincarnated

What exactly is a "walkthrough," and why would the Skins chose to do practice in a hangar rather then Qwest field?

Dude, didn't you ever play sports?

A walk through is when you go over your gameplan. You go over your game plan 3 ways. 1) in practice, 2) a walkthrough (just going half speed "through the motions"), and 3) mentally.

It is all in preparation.

As to why in a hangar...I would imagine it has something to do with the sensitivity of OUR GAMEPLAN!!!!!! They don't want to go over the gameplan in Quest field.

Anyway, just messin with ya a little, bro. It's late/early. :cheers:

The grass at Quest field is totally covered, has been all week because of the rain lol thats why they didnt use the stadium

Well there goes my X-files theory of privacy and quick rehearsal,but i do beleive agent scully stopped an alien from eating clinton portis's brain,but then mulder couldnt prove it

What exactly is a "walkthrough," and why would the Skins chose to do practice in a hangar rather then Qwest field?

It’s secrecy. Joe Gibbs is paranoid that someone from Seattle will steal our plays. This all started with the weeks preceding “Black Sunday”, SB XVIII against the Oakland Raiders. The story that I remember was that someone saw a man in a tree with binoculars spying on a team practice. Then, if you watch SB it does look like Oakland knew the plays even before the ball was snapped. They were in our backfield and always in the right position to stop the play. That’s one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is that the Raiders just kicked out butts. :( Marcus Allen running rampant for a 90+ yard touchdown run. We were very ****y having set records for the highest scoring team in NFL history. We were blowing teams out all season. Joey T was flying back and forth to Hollywood for his bit part in Cannonball Run II and fooling around with Kathy Lee Crosby—he had his mind elsewhere. STILL, it seems that ever since that game, Gibbs has been "super paranoid" ;) about teams spying on him.

It’s secrecy. Joe Gibbs is paranoid that someone from Seattle will steal our plays. This all started with the weeks preceding “Black Sunday”, SB XVIII against the Oakland Raiders. The story that I remember was that someone saw a man in a tree with binoculars spying on a team practice. Then, if you watch SB it does look like Oakland knew the plays even before the ball was snapped. They were in our backfield and always in the right position to stop the play. That’s one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is that the Raiders just kicked out butts. :( Marcus Allen running rampant for a 90+ yard touchdown run. We were very ****y having set records for the highest scoring team in NFL history. We were blowing teams out all season. Joey T was flying back and forth to Hollywood for his bit part in Cannonball Run II and fooling around with Kathy Lee Crosby—he had his mind elsewhere. STILL, it seems that ever since that game, Gibbs has been "super paranoid" ;) about teams spying on him.

If I remember correctly it wasn't a case of spying but one of the linemen leaving his playbook in the lockerroom and the Raiders players got to read it.

Archived