Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DirecTV Local High Def Info.

playboy1972

If you can't get local high signals, you can ask Directv to submit request to all the major stations CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX to allow you a waiver to get the HD New York signal from these stations. I live in Accokeek, Md. and they said the NBC, ABC, and CBS declined saying my basic was enough. But FOX was more than happy to allow me to receive the New York signal. That would be channel 88. I have since learned that to receive your locals on Directv you need to have the new 5 LNB Satellite dish instead of the 3 LNB dish. So you can look into it if that is helpful to you. The whole process took about a month and a half but it might be quicker for you.

I spoke with DirecTV also and I was informed that we also have to have a new receiver to go along with that new dish. I believe that both could be purchased a an upgrade from your current system. This runs about $99 each. They also informed me that they do not have the TIVO HD boxes that can use the new dishes. So I'll just wait a few years.

I paid a satellite contractor to put up a UHF antenna and I get all the local HD channels integrated with my DirecTV that way.

LightNSwift (#28 ... who else.. :point2sky )

If you can't get local high signals, you can ask Directv to submit request to all the major stations CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX to allow you a waiver to get the HD New York signal from these stations. I live in Accokeek, Md. and they said the NBC, ABC, and CBS declined saying my basic was enough. But FOX was more than happy to allow me to receive the New York signal. That would be channel 88. I have since learned that to receive your locals on Directv you need to have the new 5 LNB Satellite dish instead of the 3 LNB dish. So you can look into it if that is helpful to you. The whole process took about a month and a half but it might be quicker for you.

Archived