Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense. Defense. Defense.

jrockster21

I keep hearing all the mediots talking about how the offense only put up 120 yards against the Bucs. I keep hearing about how our "anemic" offense isn't going to be able to keep up with the high-powered Hawks. I keep hearing about how we're going to get blown out.

Why is it a foregone conclusion that the Seachickens are going to be able to move the ball on our defense??? We have Springs back, Salave'a and Griffin are 100% healthy, and Taylor is full-strength. Our defense is playing like the 2000 Ravens right now...completely unstoppable.

There is not one other team in the NFL that could have put up 120 yards on offense, IN TAMPA, and still have won the game. If you sit and think about that for a minute, that accomplishment is unparalleled. And it ranks up there with the 2000 Ravens, the most dominant defense in NFL history (points wise).

I think the defense, NOT the offense sets the tone for this game yet again. They've done it the past 6 weeks in a row. They took the Tampa game into their hands and won it. This defense is hungry. They've been disrespected two years in a row in pro-bowl balloting, and continue to be disrespected by the media. The difference in play between the beginning of the year and last Saturday is staggering.

Here's to another mind-blowing defensive performance. Here's to out-hitting and out-hustling the soft Seahawks offense. Here's to the defense hitting the Gulls right in the mouth from the first whistle, and never letting up.

Bold predictions: Marcus Washington will score in this game. Demetric Evans will have a huge game (3 sacks and a forced fumble. See my thread about this - link ).

saved5PG.jpg

Hey Shaun! Hey Matt! Mr. Washington would like to see you in his office!

This is the big deal. Our defense will have to handle Alexander AND the short passing WCO that Holmgren wants to use. Particularly, I bet, after seeing Tampa find that the short to medium pass to the middle was the only thing that worked against us. Thing is, with Springs back and the rest of the secondary good to go I know our coaches have this figured and I believe we have the personal to get it done. I don't believe we'll need the offensive explosion some are saying we do. I sure want one and see no reason why there shouldn't be a big improvement over the Tampa game, and I expect that, but our D will hold these guys to less points (not yards) than most predict. I'll go Redskins 24-20, with one 'skins TD on defense.

Yup...our awesome D will win this game for us! :cheers:

Hell YES!! I'm sick of this "I hope our offense can keep up" line of thinking. EFF THAT. I hope they put up another 120 yard performance and the defense wins another game. This defense is phenomenal. I don't care if I get labeled a homer either...EFF THAT.

This is the best defense in the playoffs. Hands down. I repeat...no other team could have done what we did IN Tampa. Nobody. Eff the Seahawks. They are in for a world of hurt.

Prediction? PAIN. :)

Agreed! The "D" is the key to this game....if it plays anywhere near as good as against TB, then we are in good shape. You KNOW the offense is going to score AT LEAST 7-10 points this time, probably more (I predict between 20 -24 points myself). I firmly beleive that if the "O" can put up at least 17, then we win...the Defense will do it's job....the Offense just needs to do something.

Agreed! The "D" is the key to this game....if it plays anywhere near as good as against TB, then we are in good shape. You KNOW the offense is going to score AT LEAST 7-10 points this time, probably more (I predict between 20 -24 points myself). I firmly beleive that if the "O" can put up at least 17, then we win...the Defense will do it's job....the Offense just needs to do something.

I think the D will force turnovers and give the offense a short field to work with a lot. I'm thinking the offense puts up 3 scores, and the defense scores once. Marcus Washington on a fumble return, baby!!! :)

I saw on ESPNews(I know,ESPN isn't THAT reputable) that Ed Werder is in Seattle. According to him, Gregg Williams told Gibbs, have the offense get me 3 points and we'll take care of the rest.

How's that for confidence in our defense?? (if Werder's on the up and up)

That would be the coolest quote EVER if true. I love GW and this defense. I absolutely love them. And the biggest factor that I failed to mention...Lavar wasn't even playing last time!!! The way he stepped up against Tampa...you can only think he's gonna step up like that again. He was a monster.

This is going to be a fun game, boys and girls!! :) :) :) :logo:

Archived