Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you rename and/or renumber authentic jerseys?

MikeSellers45

I've never done this, but as the name is embroidered on authentics, it should not be hard to have it removed, and new name embroidered on.

In many large malls, e.g. Dulles Town Center, there are stores that offer custom embroidery services - I've had my son's football jerseys embroidered with his name for something like $14. I don't know if this would be up to the standard of an NFL authentic, but a store should be able to tell you what they've done and what the quality will be like.

I did find a site on the internet that says they sell the numbers and letters and they are identical to what the NFL,MLB,NHL and NBA uses. I'm at work now. I'll have to add the URL when I get home later after midnight tonight.

Replacing numbers might not look so good after removing all the stitching, and then you need someone who really knows what they are doing to sew the numbers and letters on so that it looks pretty close to real.

I'm considering buying one of their twill name plates and letters to change a Fred Smoot jersey to a Taylor. But haven't tried them yet.

I'll post the URL when I get home. give me about 4-5 hours.

If you are in a hurry try googling on NFL, number, letter. I think that's how I found it.

numbers im not too sure about.

Names, I got this blank 84 jersey earlier this season, gave it to my dad. Before I did, I had Clark screen printed onto it at the mall in Harrisonburg. Cost like 5$. If you can remove the nameplate, you can just find a new cloth like that, stitch it on, then go to a shirt shop and have it printed, or print it before so you dont give the whole jersey if you dont trust them.

the past two weeks I have removed names from my old Terry Allen and Champ Bailey Jerseys -- I now have shawn springs and Sean Taylor jerseys for no extra charge.

Take the jersey and turn it inside out. Find the stitching around the nameplate. Carefully get the point of a knife under the stitching and pull it out little by little. This will remove the nameplate. It might not have the current players name on it but at least it is the right # !! Plus, you can go to almost any tailor/alteration shop and they can make you a new name plate (I am doing that before the NFC Championship game)

There is a place here in waldorf that does that kind of stuff, but i cannot remember the name of the business to save my life lol its on old washington road though, if i drive by tomorrow ill TRY and catch the name of it. I went in there

asking about adding "Butz" to a old skins jersey with the #65 on it.

I found it!! ^^^

Cheseldine's Sports & Lettering Services

space.gifspace.gif

Old Washington Rd # &

Waldorf, MD zip codevar version = new String(navigator.appVersion);if(navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer"){if (version.toLowerCase().indexOf("mac") != -1){document.write("

")}} Phone: (301) 843-0218 displayMag('6368234','0','46','54:11') mag.gifVisit Web site

Search the Web

space.gif

cwtl2('Cheseldine\'s Sports & Lettering Services','Old Washington Rd # &','Waldorf','MD','20602','3018430218','39','6368234')Buy MLB tickets online! space.gif

space.gifspace.gifspace.gif

Products: Swimwear, Athletic Uniforms, Cheerleading Uniforms, more...

space.gif

Services: Screen Printing & Embroidery

space.gif

General Info: Discounts - Available

space.gif

Business Types: Commercial Printing, T Shirts, Clothing-Retail, more...

space.gifspace.gifspace.gif

More Info | Map | Directions | What's Nearby? | newstp2.gif Send to Mobile Phone | ad8('Cheseldine\'s Sports & Lettering Services','Old Washington Rd # &','Waldorf','MD','20602','3018430218')

Archived