Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How does DC look today?

laytzan

I am currently out here in LA missing out on the electric feel of playoffs in DC, I just wanted to know is DC dripping burgundy and gold, like the the good mayor requested, or is it one of those things that a few people are dressed up but you wouldn't even notice unless you are looking for it?

As posted in another thread on the same topic, DC is fairly burgundy and golded - granted, I work for the Army, so - you can't expect a lot from many of my co-workers. On the way to work I saw lots of Redskins flags on cars - mine included. On the Metro I saw LOTS of burgundy and gold, which made me feel good - but I wouldn't say it was anywhere near 50% of the people. Here in the office I've seen several civilians with the colors, but we all have to look professional and there probably aren't too many like me with burgundy and gold shirts, ties, and sportcoats - I'm even wearing burgundy and black dress shoes. Everyone who's wearing the colors have been talking to each other, asking each other about our chances, etc. It's a nice feeling but no one is going nuts . . . yet.

Tons of flags on cars for the past few weeks and today tons of jackets and jerseys, but really its been like that the past two weeks. I was just at lunch and there were people wearing jerseys over their shirt & ties.

Skins fans are all over the Metro too.

Archived