Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor only playing 2nd half?

Riad

This is the most absurd thing I ever heard. If the team REALLY wanted to not have him play, then he would be suspended. Sitting him for a half would be a pretty lame half-assed punishment, basically saying "we want you to be punished, but you're too good, so we don't want it to hurt us too much". Weak.

Why would they report such garbage?

I honestly wouldn't be upset with coach either way. I know he is a huge character guy and that is one of the (many) reasons I respect him so much.

Having said that, I don't believe that he will do it for this reason..........the team has worked its ass off and sacrificed a lot to get to this point. Sitting him now would hurt the team just as much as it would Taylor. I don't think he believes the other guys deserve to lose their shot at a Super Bowl because of something that #21 did. Other than that, I think he would sit for the whole game -- and I would have no problem with it.

Nope not making this up. I have watched around 7/8 PM and again around after 12:00 AM. 2 commentators from Phily and one commentator from DC were conducting the show about all the contenders in the play-off, I didn't pay attention to their names, as I never do. They guy from DC said this (I think they called him Doc? He had a ciger in his hand), I can still remember hearing him saying it. That's why I watched the show twice, just to make sure I am not hearing things. I hope this is not true but I am not making this up at all.

Also, I get the feeling coach JG does not (want to) make any decision about any issue(s) with Defense. I might be wrong. Maybe coach GW has some thing to do with it. Besides, he always has a great game plan as far as the defense is concerned. So this may be part of the game plan, if it is in shape or form is true. But again, you have to understand, I have heard it from the "media". They are alway good at fabricating stuff, so please take it with a grain/ton of salt :D

Archived