Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Frank Herzog or Larry Michael?

lunarluau

I'm not a big fan of Larry Michael or how the changing of the guard went down so I figured I'd throw this out to see what everyone else is thinking. Also breaks up the monotony of the Seattle vs Washington stats etc. that we've beaten like a dead horse for the past week. So, who do you prefer? Larry Michael or Frank Herzog?

I don't thing LM was a move in the direction fo quality. Even on Redslins.com you can see how unpolished he is, as he constantly darts his eyes at the camera when interviewing people. It is very distracting and unprofessional. Unless he is trying to read a teleprompter, in which case they should move it.

As for the radio, Herzog was smoother and more entertaining to listen to. Even if he did get stuff wrong. I hear TV announcers get stuff wrong . One called Cedric Killing "Chris" during the Tampa game....NBD.

Sorry, this shouldn't even be close. Herzog was, and will always be, miles ahead of Michael. Besides, the radio announcer should not be an employee of the team he announces for. How can he be truly honest in his opinions without fearing the wrath of the person that signs his paycheck?

I still say Sonny, Sam and Frank. My dad got me to turn the TV down about 15-20 years ago for the 1 st time and was hooked ever since. Larry does an admirable job, I guess it is something that has to grow on you. ANYthing is better than those donkeys Albert (Marv's lil bro) and Bill Maas.

Sorry, this shouldn't even be close. Herzog was, and will always be, miles ahead of Michael. Besides, the radio announcer should not be an employee of the team he announces for. How can he be truly honest in his opinions without fearing the wrath of the person that signs his paycheck?

Sonny and Sam are employeed by Redskins radio as well WJFK just has the contract to broadcast the games.

The big stink about it was Michaels was in a mangement position with Clear Channel(WJFK) and in bed with Snyder at the same time, that explains how Michaels quit Clear Channel to work for Dan Snyder, sometime during the past off season, and is still the play by play guy. Also he knew Snyder was trying to buy up Mega radio stations, which will be the new home of the Redskins, and thus will not create a conflict of interest.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Herzog by far, and my favorite Herzog quote would have to be durring the 1991 season when the Skins were playing the Oliers at RFK (I was there) and the Oliers missed a field goal in overtime. The Skins were undefeated and as the kick sailed wide Herzog said, "God Has the Redskins in a pool". Classic!

Archived