Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it politicly correct...?

HawkMan

Theres quite a bit of Native Americans here in New Mexico, many of them obviously Redskin fans. I mean if they are accepting the name usage, what is the problem? Honestly? Even if it is supposedly a discriminative term, as it becomes used more and more the meaning changes and any negative thoughts that may have been linked to the word vanish. This is a non issue in my mind. Give me a Native American complaining about it and maybe Ill change my tune.

You speak logic. The media can't understand you! :laugh:

these threads should always go imediately to the tailgate since the mods dont delete threads. The only direction these threads devolve into are politics, and it will in no short order have nothing to do with football not that it ever did.

Good point. I think TK might still be lurking.

actually the Bullets werent changed by an activist group, the owner who is Jewish changed it after the assassination of Rabin in Israel cause the assassin used a bullet to kill him. Atleast I think thats the Prime Minister that got killed.

I was not aware of that. I was under the impression that the city forced his hand because they thought it was a bad idea for a city that at the time had the most deaths by hand guns also to have a team named the bullets.

these threads should always go imediately to the tailgate since the mods dont delete threads. The only direction these threads devolve into are politics, and it will in no short order have nothing to do with football not that it ever did.

I semi agree,but when the President calls our team to congratulate them on winning the superbowl,that will be politic oriented and be read here;)

Redskins isn't that bad a name, its not like were called the wet-backs or greaseballs. Those would be offensive (I am both so I get to make the comments).

HAHHAHAAHHA

I donno.... The Miami "Wet Backs" ???? Hummmmm......

That would have the Cuban Act. leagues in an uproar....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

wow 2 points about that paper

First they suck for sports coverage. There was hardly anything on the match-up this weekend. I often rip the post for their crap coverage, but a throwback article about the "all-seahawk team" shouldn't be the cover article during the playoffs.

Second, there really are very few references to "Redskins" they call us Washington on virtually every occassion. Is it really that hippy liberal that using "Redskin" offends?

So tell me, was the "All Seahawk Team" a collection of NFL players that they wish were Seahawks?

Maybe it's just me, but when I try to think of famous past (or present) Seahawks, all I can think of is "Didn't Bosworth play for them?"

Actually, the name Seattle itself is an insult to the Suquamish Chief Sea-atht (whose actual name was said to be unpronounceable by whites). Such disrespect to the leader of the true owners of the area is unforgiveable. The only fair redress is to change the name of the town to something more descriptive, like "Drizzle" or "Raintown," and to deed over the "Seattle" central business district to what's left of the Suquamish Nation. After that reparation is consumated, the "Drizzletown" inhabitants would then have a clear conscience and be morally justified to criticize others who disrespect Siberian Americans (they shouldn't be called native americans because although they were born here, their ancestors weren't).

wow 2 points about that paper

First they suck for sports coverage. There was hardly anything on the match-up this weekend. I often rip the post for their crap coverage, but a throwback article about the "all-seahawk team" shouldn't be the cover article during the playoffs.

Second, there really are very few references to "Redskins" they call us Washington on virtually every occassion. Is it really that hippy liberal that using "Redskin" offends?

Hey, I'm a hippie liberal and I think that some of these folks need to simply "get over it". The Redskins, Chiefs et all are not disparaging the American Indian any more than the Giants disparage large people.

Hell, look at the nuts right here on this MB. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Redskins are loved, put up on a pedestal and praised like deitys.

Besides, most of the numbskulls calling for sporst teams to change their names are white folks with too much friggin' time on their hands.

I was not aware of that. I was under the impression that the city forced his hand because they thought it was a bad idea for a city that at the time had the most deaths by hand guns also to have a team named the bullets.

This has always been my understanding as well.

:logo:

Besides, most of the numbskulls calling for sporst teams to change their names are white folks with too much friggin' time on their hands.

Check the demographics of Seattle vs. Washington and you'll find you could not be more correct. Funny how cities with no real race issue, creates one so they can discuss it.

Archived