Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eric Moulds Not TO Will Be Redskin in 2006

bulldog

the Redskins have brought in a number of ex-Bills for tryouts on the basis of Gregg Williams' stint as HC in Buffalo. While Peerless Price was a guy Williams couldn't stand (hence, the team's reluctance to consider him in 2005 after his release in Dallas), Moulds was the team's best player and had his best seasons for the coach.

my guess is that with the 5'10 and 190 Moss as the deep threat the 6'3 and 215 Moulds would be the ideal player lining up across from him for the next 2-3 seasons in Washington.

Oy vey -- more with the cap management criticism...:doh:

Anyway, back to the issue at hand -- isn't Moulds going on 33?? His best days are behind him...although he might have one more big season left in him. And the Skins wouldn't ask that much of him...mostly to be a possesion receiver, and take some of the heat off Moss...It could work I guess.

His age definitely scares me though...

Oy vey -- more with the cap management criticism...:doh:

Anyway, back to the issue at hand -- isn't Moulds going on 33?? His best days are behind him...although he might have one more big season left in him. And the Skins wouldn't ask that much of him...mostly to be a possesion receiver, and take some of the heat off Moss...It could work I guess.

His age definitely scares me though...

Thats probably gonna work to our advantage cause we'll probably be able to offer him a roster bonus if he's here in 2010.

Or we could just "forget" about a $ 6.5 million clause in the contract.

. . .

We have a few options to bring him here.

i dont really care for either considering that money is definately an issue for us for atleast a couple more seasons because of how poorly the cap has been managed since 2000

Huh? The 'Skins have consistently maximized the return they've gotten on their cap dollars. Our problem has been that the talent we've managed to put on the field hasn't produced very well . . . until now that is.

The 'Skins cap management has been masterful.

I think Moulds would be great as a #2 reciever for several years. He has been a #1 for most of his carreer, so i think he will be able to handle the #2 spot for some time.

I'm not sure if we can afford him either, though. Maybe if we could get Samuels or Lavar to renegotiate their outrageous salaries. . .

Huh? The 'Skins have consistently maximized the return they've gotten on their cap dollars. Our problem has been that the talent we've managed to put on the field hasn't produced very well . . . until now that is.

The 'Skins cap management has been masterful.

i disagree humbly because i acknowledge that i dont know as much about the cap as some of you guys on here (I've been really impressed with what you've written in past posts).

It seems like every year the 'skins are talked about as having cap troubles. Why do we put ourselves in these situations (I think that's bad cap management, personally)?

Whereas, teams like the Eagles and Patriots have so much wiggle room and, seemingly, don't even have to worry about it at this point. The Eagles have had the most salary cap room these last few years and have been in the NFC championship game for all of them.

Even if we've handled the cap masterfully, wouldnt you say it's a stretch for us to add a guy like Moulds who's been a consistent pro bowler and a number 1 guy for years? Enlighten me if I'm mis-speaking, and perhaps I should have said we have little breathing room with the cap as opposed to we handled the cap poorly.

We need a reliable number 2 and a number 3. Stop with the cap crap. We need new players. All we have going into Seattle is Moss and Cooley. I think Moulds would be great on our offense, and I do not think it will cost us an arm and a leg IF the player wants to get with a playoff team that has SB potential.

Archived