Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Underestimation

36SeanTaylor

The Seahawks will come out looking for an easy win against the redskins and will not play at the top of their game at some aspects:

1)They will be thinking that they can shut our offense down because we were not at our best performance last week.

*Joe Gibbs will not let our offense sink down to that level. He will make sure he calls the right plays.

2)Ofcourse everyone knows the second reason, they are number 1 seed playing against the last seed team in the NFC playoffs right now.

*Joe Gibbs will use this to an advantage to motivate the team and once again make sure that they come away with a WIN!

nuff said

-36SeanTaylor

I'm glad the media is disrespecting the skins by portraying them as a knock-over team. It feeds right into our identity, and should get our team fired up. Has being cast as goliath ever helped any team in the history of sports? All it does is set the pieces in place for a perfect upset.

I'm glad the media is disrespecting the skins by portraying them as a knock-over team. It feeds right into our identity, and should get our team fired up. Has being cast as goliath ever helped any team in the history of sports? All it does is set the pieces in place for a perfect upset.

Yeah, I'd rather be David any day. We all know who had Gods blessing in that battle...

The Seahawks will come out looking for an easy win against the redskins and will not play at the top of their game at some aspects:

1)They will be thinking that they can shut our offense down because we were not at our best performance last week.

*Joe Gibbs will not let our offense sink down to that level. He will make sure he calls the right plays.r

Have you been smoking some bad crack? The Seahawks are NOT going to "come out looking for an easy win." Only an idiot would assume that because the Redskins offense only put up a buck and a half last week, that therefore they aren't going to do any better this week. If the Seahawks are going to assume anything, they will assume the Redskins have a big chip on their shoulder and are coming to town angry. They will also assume that Gibbs was holding his cards and his playbook close to the vest in the Tampa game, in order not to show future opponents what he might be cooking up.

And that means they're going to prepare. They may "not play at the top of their game", but if that happens, it won't have anything to do with underestimating the Redskins.

Sorry. 95 yards rushing, 41 yards passing, total 136 yards. "A buck and a half" was an approximation, sort of like saying "it's a quarter to three" when the time is 2:47.

hey i got a stat for u. redskins 1-0 against the seahwaks this year. thats right we already beat u once. top that stat homer boy

Have you been smoking some bad crack? The Seahawks are NOT going to "come out looking for an easy win." Only an idiot would assume that because the Redskins offense only put up a buck and a half last week, that therefore they aren't going to do any better this week. If the Seahawks are going to assume anything, they will assume the Redskins have a big chip on their shoulder and are coming to town angry. They will also assume that Gibbs was holding his cards and his playbook close to the vest in the Tampa game, in order not to show future opponents what he might be cooking up.

And that means they're going to prepare. They may "not play at the top of their game", but if that happens, it won't have anything to do with underestimating the Redskins.

... im startin to wonder wat team ur for...

Sorry. 95 yards rushing, 41 yards passing, total 136 yards. "A buck and a half" was an approximation, sort of like saying "it's a quarter to three" when the time is 2:47.

and a 1 in the win column, and as bad as those stats are....we still get to come to your house, and play you to see who goes to the conference championship....

*Joe Gibbs will not let our offense sink down to that level. He will make sure he calls the right plays.

2)Ofcourse everyone knows the second reason, they are number 1 seed playing against the last seed team in the NFC playoffs right now.

*Joe Gibbs will use this to an advantage to motivate the team and once again make sure that they come away with a WIN!

nuff said

-36SeanTaylor

Yeah, they'll underestimate the Redskins in the playoffs. The fact that the Seahawks stomped the hell out of the Texans in what would have been the easiest game of the year to overlook clearly proves your point. :rolleyes:

It seems that some of you think I was making a point about how few yards Washington got last weekend, in the sense of dissing your O. The point I was making was that nobody on the Seahawk side thinks that will be repeated. In other words, we expect your offense to do be much more of a threat than those numbers indicate. Therefore, 36SeanTaylor is incorrect when he says the Hawks will be looking for an easy win.

By the way, I've seen 120 yards as the total Redskin offensive output for last weekend, but the NFL.com numbers add up to 136. Does someone know why there's a discrepancy?

It seems that some of you think I was making a point about how few yards Washington got last weekend, in the sense of dissing your O. The point I was making was that nobody on the Seahawk side thinks that will be repeated. In other words, we expect your offense to do be much more of a threat than those numbers indicate. Therefore, 36SeanTaylor is incorrect when he says the Hawks will be looking for an easy win.

By the way, I've seen 120 yards as the total Redskin offensive output for last weekend, but the NFL.com numbers add up to 136. Does someone know why there's a discrepancy?

Sacks?

But seriously, how do you know that the Seahawks are going to take the Redskins seriously? They are #1 and we are #6. A #6 seed has never beaten a #1 seed in the NFC.

Are you on the team or something?

Actually, we only had 25 net yards passing. We lost 16 yards on two sacks. That's why the correct total of yardage is 120 yards. Whenever there's a difference between net yards passing and the quarterback's passing total, sack yardage is the difference.

Sacks?

But seriously, how do you know that the Seahawks are going to take the Redskins seriously? They are #1 and we are #6. A #6 seed has never beaten a #1 seed in the NFC.

Are you on the team or something?

Because they took the Texans seriously and stomped the crap out of them when the Texans were still winless. Who do you think is easier to overlook between a winless team and a team (whatever seed they are) that is in the playoffs? If your hopes are pinned on the Seahawks "overlooking" them, you might as well hang it up now. :rolleyes:

Because they took the Texans seriously and stomped the crap out of them when the Texans were still winless. Who do you think is easier to overlook between a winless team and a team (whatever seed they are) that is in the playoffs? If your hopes are pinned on the Seahawks "overlooking" them, you might as well hang it up now. :rolleyes:

I dont know about that. THe Lambs beat you in Seattle last year. I'm pretty sure this Redskins team is better than they were.

I dont know about that. THe Lambs beat you in Seattle last year. I'm pretty sure this Redskins team is better than they were.
Man, that was lame. Are the Redskins the same team they were last year? No. Neither are the Seahawks. Just ask the Rams.

You know you're reaching when you've got to reference last year because you couldn't find anything THIS season to make your point. But nice try.

Now, now....we really should be kind to the Seahawks fans. Over their history, they've played what, ONE playoff game? With all of the media hype and the Seattle areas unfamiliarity with it (with regards to football), is it any surprise that they feel an enormous swell of pride and confidence at this weekends' game? They're being told by everyone in the media that this is a done deal, 'Hawks win....easy...against a 'woeful' Skins team. The 'Hawks fans are relative babies in this league...well, more like young teenagers....they're excited and hyped for the 'sure' win. That's what everyones' telling them right? They can't all be wrong, can they?

The 'Hawks fans 'in the know' realize that this isn't going to be quite the cake walk that many seem to believe...the problem is that the 'fans' who go to other teams message boards tend to be the instigating braggarts.

Here's to a great game, whoever wins!!!

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

...this response really belonged in the 'Seahawks overconfidence' thread....

Archived