Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why isn't Washington DC in Washinton State?!?

ceekay84

I think the main reason why is because we like to confuse Europeans. Kind of like the French and deodorant. They make world-famous perfume to cover up the fact that they don't use deodorant....except it doesn't work, they just end up smelling like perfume and BO. That's always confused me.

Actually, it's more like asking why Georgia isn't in Georgia (the former Soviet republic).

But his question does get me thinking...why did we name a state Washington when the capital of the nation already had the name taken? They were both named after the president, right?

Actually, Washington State was named after the guy who invented peanut butter.

Actually, it's more like asking why Georgia isn't in Georgia (the former Soviet republic).

But his question does get me thinking...why did we name a state Washington when the capital of the nation already had the name taken? They were both named after the president, right?

Yeah, take a look at my previous comment. Washington State was named after G. Washington. AKA commander in chief of the continental army aka a freaking beast. :notworthy He'd be a redskins fan for sure. :)

Dc isnt in anystate as the goveremnt didnt want one state to be mroe powerful then the other.so its a city in the middle between 2 states Also, the formal name for Dc is

Washington Distric of Columbia. Its honored after first President George Washington. The State washington is also honored after George. The two places have nothing alike other then the name. Also, When the capital was formed, the US hasnt expanded to the west coast yet.

It is also located the place it is, is because whn they moved it from NYC to here, it was in the middle of the country at the time., and ocne expanded, they did not want to change it to be in the middle some more.

Come on, I learned this all in 8th grade History....

I'll bet you 50 Euros, this guy is joking!!!!

why do you drive on the wrong side of the road and make your poor horses race around the track the wrong way as well......that crap is bricked!!!!

or is that just England thats arse backwards:cheers:

It is also located the place it is, is because whn they moved it from NYC to here, it was in the middle of the country at the time., and ocne expanded, they did not want to change it to be in the middle some more.

Come on, I learned this all in 8th grade History....

I thought the capital was in Philly first, not NYC... Damn I was lied to again.. :doh:

You guys should be jumping on this dude for being a Seattle fan in disguise, not for asking questions about states and districts.

I did that already.

As for why they run races the other way in England...well, actually they rnuthem the right way....americans are the ones who do it differently. To show they were different than the british.

I'll bet you 50 Euros, this guy is joking!!!!

why do you drive on the wrong side of the road and make your poor horses race around the track the wrong way as well......that crap is bricked!!!!

or is that just England thats arse backwards:cheers:

hmmz... not too many countries on the opposite side of the road in europe... i can think of england on top of my head... im from norway and we drive the the same u guys do ;)

p.s. the driver's license test was a joke here... sorry to say but rather true...

Archived