Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which RB makes the team??

Hersh

Gillesspi has current value, in that he's probably the best 3rd down back on the team. So he can play right now, and really help, which is why I want him.

As for Watson, he's the better Running Back, but we don't really need him unless he's a terror on special teams (I don't know if he is ... anyone???).

My hunch is we can cut Watson and resign him to the practice squad, without losing him to another team in the process. And then, once an unfortuante injury occurs, you sign him to the team, make him inactive each game, so that he can be your back-up next year when Davis is most likely gone.

Let me ask it this way:

Has Betts shown anyone a reason why we should keep him? -- Other than the fact we have money tied up in a 2nd round draft pick?

Every player on the field shows some skill or talent that is there that needs to be developed.. I have not seen that from Betts.

Comments? -- I feel bad for Watson and Gillespee because they should both be here and Betts should be gone.

Going into last night I would have said cut Watson, keep Gillespie. But after last night, I hope they can find a way to keep both. They both showed some nice moves in the open field, good quickness and nice hands.

And to answer Dexter, yes Betts has looked good enough to earn the job. He had a very nice 19 yard run last night, and seems to have improved with each game this preseason. There's no way I would give up on him now. Last night he had 7 carries for 44 yards and looked like he's the real deal.

Dex, I don't know where the slight on Betts comes from.

He looked great last night. He made some awesome studder stups at the line before darting forward. The more I watch him, and see his comfort level grow, the more I see a beefed up version of Terry Allen. I'm very impressed with him right now ... he's so much further along then Skip Hicks or S.Davis ever were at this time.

I have to say that this will be a tuff choice to make for the skins, Watson and Gillespie are the real deal and fit this Offense to the tee, on the other hand I'm not overly impressed with Betts. Most of his yards and plays came against the 3 & 4th string players that won't make the team. But I keep looking at who is the first player in to spell Davis and it's always Watson.. My money goes on Watson because he looks to be a solid backup and a threat out of the backfield, he also blocks better than Gillespie and God knows we will need a back that can block when they start Blitzing us during the season, Watson also made a few tackles on special teams last night. I.E Kevin Faulks long Kick Return, Watson also showed his ability to return kicks as well, So my money goes on Watson, bet the House...

Archived