Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket question

RedskinDan0557

Prepackaged cold food????

Why don't you try it first. I have never gotten prepackaged cold food in the tailgate club....

If you don't like the ribs, barbecue chicken, unlimited sodas and water, autographs, and giveaways its ok. But don't judge on what you haven't tried.

:cool:

I have tried it, that's why I'm judging it. The last time I went to the tailgate club the food was cold and gross. There were tons of "workers" standing around doing nothing while the tables were dirty and needed bussing. I had to laugh when I saw the two goons at the door to make sure you weren't sneaking any of that dog food out of the tailgate club area. :laugh: IMO the before game parties on Tailgate Row (Extreme Skins and Dead Tree Crew) blow that **** out of the water. Hey bro, that's cool if you're into it. I just don't think it is a good value for the money.

My Take and questions for you to answer if you really want club seats.

1. Can you afford it? Even with the price hikes (BLEH!!!), my 2 tickets in the upper bowl and parking sounds cheaper than 1 club ticket per season. I could afford club seats I suppose, but could I justify that to myself and my wife when I have a mortgage to pay and other typical bills. Just a thought.

As much as I love the Redskins, they're not worth going Bankrupt for.

Also, make sure that what you sign is either a 1 yr. deal or a multi-year contract. I belive the Skins usually want you to sign on for a few years.

2. Can you attend all/almost all the games?

If your schedule will only let you come to 3-4 reg. season games and maybe a preseason game......my advice, don't get season tickets in the club level.

Don't waste your money and go through the hassle of selling 3-5 games.

3. What about the Whine (pun intended) and Cheesers?

They're everywhere at FedEx.....some I swear are opposing team fans. You'll see them in the club level, but you'll see them in the upper and lower bowls as well. Even in my great Section 403 :( . Find some fellow people in your area that have the same passion as you and enjoy the game.....and if the W&Cer's give you crap.....report THEM to the ushers for HARRASSING YOU. Don't give them the power.

4. Tailgate Club?

Never been part of it (again see #1- can't justify paying for it). In my 2 years at ES, it's been given mixed reviews by various ESers. Food is ok, so/so-- never really heard as BAD however. You pay a join fee and then a annual fee-- the good is that you get bumped to the lower Bowl. Another "BAD" I noticed was that the TC is usually packed with opposing team fans (especilly Dallas and Philly) when I have walked by the TC going into the stadium.

I would also suggest going to the ES or another tailgate at FedEx if food is what you're looking for.

5. Final Opinon

I 've never been in the club level and I'm sure it's great, but as a ticket holder for 2 seasons and attending games since 2001.....nothing really beats hanging in the upper bowl. You get a great mix of fans (usually), generally get a good view of the field (especially if you like to watch plays develop) and except for obstructed view seats are probably some of the cheaper seats at FedEX. Guarantee you can get upper bowl season tickets rather easily and usually at face (or slightly more).

I've only attended games in the club level, and where I sat, most everyone was sitting during the games. It really depends on what you want your game-day experience to be like: the club level has great food and amenities, but you will only be able to stand up during big plays (unless you want to be an obnoxious fan). Personally, I like to get drunk and make some noise during the game, so I just bought season tickets this year in the lower level (third row from the field). I'm hoping that it will be a different experience, and from all these reply posts, it looks like it will be.

Season Ticket question: I have the oppurtunity to purchase season tix in the club section in the endzone or corner endzone. $2500 per season ticket. I've heard the stories about the wine and cheese crowd in the club section, don't know if I'd fit in there.

If this is not the right forum for this, I apologize, but I need some input on such a major purchase.

Thanx----HTTR

Just a heads up that a lot of the people up there dont liek a crazy fan. not only that but the stands are concrete and dont make for very good stomping. But hey, maybe you can spark the noise from the mid-section of fedex

What is new corporate policy?

Remember the feud between Snyder the the Washington Post???

He took back all but 12 tickets from their "corporate account" and then made a rule that NO corporation can own more then 12 season tickets.

The WHOLE row behind me was owned by Nokia phones and I always got people behind me that got their tickets as a prize for sales or something and all they talked about during the games was selling phones and not really paying any attention to the game.

Now, Nokia is gone from behind me and I now have some "real" fans sitting with me.

That rule has made the Club a better place to enjoy the games now.

Remember the feud between Snyder the the Washington Post???

He took back all but 12 tickets from their "corporate account" and then made a rule that NO corporation can own more then 12 season tickets.

The WHOLE row behind me was owned by Nokia phones and I always got people behind me that got their tickets as a prize for sales or something and all they talked about during the games was selling phones and not really paying any attention to the game.

Now, Nokia is gone from behind me and I now have some "real" fans sitting with me.

That rule has made the Club a better place to enjoy the games now.

I did not hear that, I am not in the DC area, but glad to hear this was done

TOO Rich for my blood, even if Ihad the cash I would not fit in with the beautiful proper people. I am a football fan, I drink beer, not wine, I cut the cheese, not brie, I am thankful I sit in the stands with the fans

Ya'll got the wrong idea about folks that sit up there. I have season tickets in the Loge section of the stadium, and I don't act like no stuck up snob!! Not like that at all. I usually come to the game after I get finished playing my own football games.

OOh, by the way, I am trying to sell my season tix. I know this isn't the right place to say that, but thought I'd do it anyway.

I won't give the details here, but if you might be interested leave me a message.

Skinsfan44, glad to hear that 328 is rockin and rollin.....I sit in 327 and I see a few guys shaking their bottles with coins revving up the crowd. Unfortunately, there are still too few regulars for my liking. Too many people come to the game and arrive late and then them and others have the nerve to want to come through while a friggin play is in progress (I always tell them to wait!). Snyder may have put a limit on corporate tickets, but I suspect that there are still too many in the club.....either that or the people that personally own tickets are selling most of their games. When my contract runs out in 3 years, I honestly will find it rather hard to justify paying $300 per game per ticket.

Archived