Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Expect a BIG game from Demetric Evans

jrockster21

I love Reynaldo Wynn...he was an excellent DE against the run and is a well-respected, veteran leader of the team. When he went down, it was sad because he (like Randy) won't get to see this thing through.

However, Wynn going down may have been a blessing in disguise. The man taking his place, Demetric Evans, already has one sack in the playoffs. Here's why I think he's going to have a monster game:

1. He's already shown that he's gifted at rushing the passer. Phillip Daniels will have his hands full against Walter Jones, but the Seahawks RT is no superstar. He's average, and Evans can exploit that.
  2. Evans is an unrestricted free-agent this year. He has the opportunity to shine on a national stage in a huge game. I believe he will take advantage of this opportunity and have 2 or 3 sacks and a forced fumble. His primary motivation is to win, of course ;), but he also wants to get paid just like every other NFL player.
  3. I believe the Skins will jump out to an early lead, and will be able to contain Alexander. This will cause Holmgren to abandon the run (as he does quite often) and we'll see more passing from the Hawks. The secondary will continue to play lights out, giving Evans more time to get to Hasselbeck.
  4. Evans is overlooked. I don't think the media has said one thing about him. Seattle is probably focusing on the man who's had 7 sacks in the last 6 games, Daniels. He is perfectly set-up to come out of nowhere and wreak havoc on the Seattle offense.

For these reasons, I see Evans putting up a monster stat line. I'm going to go ahead and predict 4 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 batted balls, 1 forced fumble. Hopefully that fumble will be scooped up by ST and he'll score again! :)

Skins 31 - Hawks 28 :cheers:

1. Evans is overlooked. I don't think the media has said one thing about him. Seattle is probably focusing on the man who's had 7 sacks in the last 6 games, Daniels. He is perfectly set-up to come out of nowhere and wreak havoc on the Seattle offense.

Actually I heard one of the morning ESPN show's was demonstrating (with a mock skeleton) the bone/muscle ramifications of Renaldo's injury. And one of the jerk-offs (hosting) actually said that now we we're starting a player named Evans and that he was a serious downgrade.

I'd like to hear their professional argument about D. Evans. Oh yeah thats right he's a Redskin, so he must suck.

Actually I heard one of the morning ESPN show's was demonstrating (with a mock skeleton) the bone/muscle ramifications of Renaldo's injury. And one of the jerk-offs (hosting) actually said that now we we're starting a player named Evans and that he was a serious downgrade.

I'd like to hear their professional argument about D. Evans. Oh yeah thats right he's a Redskin, so he must suck.

Exactly...most mediots don't even know who this kid is. I'm telling you...he's going to explode on Saturday. Keep that in mind when we're watching the game, man!!

I really like Evans and Cedric Killings (great name). Aki Jones has even filled in admirably when called on . Williams can rotate them all in w/o significant fall off. I think that our back up tackles will do fine.

This is one of the main differences from years past. Our back up defensive players are doing very well. Even Ade Jimoh is having what I'd call his best year yet. All of this is of course thanks to coach Williams (and HOFCJG of course).

unbelievable....now a no name journey man backup is going to come out and shine and play the greatest game of his life against a playoff team. something that he has never ever done before in his life. all because he needs to shine on natinal stage so so that he can get a big contract next year. that's perfect logic!

And one of the jerk-offs (hosting) actually said that now we we're starting a player named Evans and that he was a serious downgrade.

Well, though Evans is pretty good, it is a downgrade. If it wasn't Wynn wouldn't have been starting over him.

I believe in his Bio they stated that he was coming from NFL Europe and worked out for Dallas but his legs were used up. The next year he tried out again for the Skins but kept his legs fresh and made it. And has done well since he's been here. And that the reason that they keep him is that he picks up every position. Something some others find hard to do.

I would bet he is an upgrade as a passrusher. I am a tad worried they may try to exploit Wynn's absence by running Alexander to the right a bit more often.

The Seahawks have always favored running left behind their star linemen...I doubt they would change that now...

The Seahawks have always favored running left behind their star linemen...I doubt they would change that now...

I kind of hope you are right.......because I think the reason Wynn had such a strong hold on his spot was his effectiveness vs. the run.

[*]I believe the Skins will jump out to an early lead, and will be able to contain Alexander. This will cause Holmgren to abandon the run (as he does quite often) and we'll see more passing from the Hawks. The

Well I hope you're right about Evans, but Shaun Alexander must be a phenomenal RB if he still gets 1800 yards when Holmgren abandons the run all the time.

I met Demetric Evans and his girlfriend last night while working at the Cheesecake Factory and I thanked him for all the hard work he's been putting in, mentioning how I thought it was awesome that he filled in at tackle.

He was real chill and flattered --- and I said, "I remember you taking down Daunte Culpepper last year" --- and he just brightened up :).

I got a real great vibe from him, and I left a much better impression on the two of them, better than the last time I saw them, when both of them came in with a bunch of Redskins and I served them and spilled a martini all over Nic Clemons' wife....

I too expect a huge game from Evans. He's a star on the rise, very under the radar--- but not for long.

thats what everybody thinks... but they run up the middle and to their right, our left just as often. The right side of their line is where Alexander usually busts the long ones though.

Really? According the the Seattle Times:

Right tackle Sean Locklear is questionable to play Saturday after missing practice with a sore hip. Floyd Womack took his place.

Therefore either Demetric Evans will be facing their starting RT with a sore hip (and we all know from Griffin's hip injury that a bad hip is bad if you fight in the trenches)---

Or he will be facing Womack, a career backup who has played sparingly the past two seasons, starting only once this year. Evans meanwhile, has been lots of playing time and has demonstrated the ability to make the most of his opportunities.

I'm salivating over either matchup!

I feel that Phillip Daniels on Walter Jones will be key in this game. Daniels has been playing very well lately and giving the line a semblance of pressure from the front. Plus Daniels is a former teammate of Jones and I assume he faced him in practice, so he should know some of Jones' tendencies. I expect Demetric Evans to fill in solidly for Renaldo Wynn as he did last week and I also believe he'll make some big plays.

I agree with the sentiments here. I am not at all worried about Evans stepping in for Wynn. I think he'll do great. He seems to be one of our top 2 pass rushers. I just hope he does as good against the run.

Of coarse, the Seahawks do run behind their Left Tackle and Left Guard most of the time, but you should always expect the unexpected which means we should learn from the 1st Giants game where they took Tiki and ran their best plays to the opposite side from where they normally do.

Our defense needs to be prepared. But rest assured, if they pass, Evans WILL get to the Quarterback.

Well I hope you're right about Evans, but Shaun Alexander must be a phenomenal RB if he still gets 1800 yards when Holmgren abandons the run all the time.

He pretty much abandoned the run against us in the first game in the second half.

Really? According the the Seattle Times:

Therefore either Demetric Evans will be facing their starting RT with a sore hip (and we all know from Griffin's hip injury that a bad hip is bad if you fight in the trenches)---

Or he will be facing Womack, a career backup who has played sparingly the past two seasons, starting only once this year. Evans meanwhile, has been lots of playing time and has demonstrated the ability to make the most of his opportunities.

I'm salivating over either matchup!

womack is a career backup. so is evans!! so why does the matchup favor evans? he of 6.5 total career sacks and 3 this year with 22 total tackles.

or is it wishful thinking by the skins faitful always thinking that their backups is better than other teams starters and backups.

Archived