Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Honest question from a Seahawk fan

Daklu

The majority of the posters on this board are claiming the Seahawks are pretenders, paper champions, losers, etc. I really can't fault you for being loyal to your team, but I'm curious what the Seahawks would have to do in the game against the Redskins for each of you to give them some respect and acknowledge they are a good team?

well i think alot of it comes from us knowing how good our defense is and nationally your offense gets so much praise yet the teams your going against are for the most part weak. That said though I dont think seattle is a weak team or isnt worthy of being in the playoffs or anything but i do think if that you were in a different division your be 11-5 or 10-6 like us.

For me to have to seahawks really impress me, Alexander would have to go over 150-160 yrds on the ground. From the first game I already think that your offense can move on us through the air, but on the ground we pretty much had SA in check other then 2 plays to our (at that time ) weakside (because of holdman being in instead of arrington) which was later exploited in the denver and KC games. In a nutshell i think our Run defense will be able to hold you in check, so for them to impress me id have to be showed otherwise.

The majority of the posters on this board are claiming the Seahawks are pretenders, paper champions, losers, etc. I really can't fault you for being loyal to your team, but I'm curious what the Seahawks would have to do in the game against the Redskins for each of you to give them some respect and acknowledge they are a good team?

Not lose by a lot. More than 10 points, and the seagulls are nothing but chumps.

geez how much more "respect" you need?

We've beat you once, on a 6 game win streak, your team hasn't played one playoff game yet and are already expected to be favored in the NFCCG :doh:

you're supposed to route us..... :laugh:

you worry about "respect", we'll concentrate on the game

I hope the Redskins aren't thinking that Seattle is a paper tiger. They did what they should have which is beat the team they were facing, and went on a big fat win streak. They've gotten better for 3 straight years from what I've seen. They were tough in the playoffs the last 2 years. And I think their receivers on offense are a level above what they had last year. I'm curious to see how they come out, but I don't expect them to be flat just hoping.

And oh yeah :seahawksu

Dude, your team is SOFT!!!

J/K

In this leauge if you can win, what 11 in a row, I dont care what type of schedule you have, you are a pretty damn good team. But we are very confident because we have a top 5 defense that is relativly healthy for the first time all year. And in the playoffs D wins the day. And we have a guy by the name of Joe Gibbs who is money on the road in the playoffs. We have our work cut out for us, and you guys are a GREAT Offensive team, but we have a GREAT defense that I think can match up. To me the key to this game isnt your offense vs our D, but our Offense agaist your D. If your D allows us to control the clock like the first game, your team is done because you guys are a rythm offense and its hard to get into rythm when your not on the field.

My prediction for this game is simple. If we keep your team under 24 we should win. Any more than that I think your team wins. We cant go score for score with seattle cause we will get blown out. That said, I think your team will be lucky to get 17 on us. Our D is just that good. You will see.

Good luck.

:cheers:

Alexander would have to go over 150-160 yrds on the ground.
Thanks for the response.

150 yards? Really? Most of the posters here seem to think the Skins D will completely shut Alexander down. Given that attitude I would think 100 yards would be viewed as a major accomplishment. I realize you are not a compilation of "most posters," but I found that bar pretty high.

What about in areas other than our rushing offense? Defense against the Skins? Final score? etc.

but i do think if that you were in a different division your be 11-5 or 10-6 like us.
I can't argue against that.

Finally. The first fair exchange/discussion I've read in here.

Grew up a dyed in burgundygold 'Skins fan. Original season ticket owner with the Hawks.

Your team is the last team I wanted to face right now. You were the seventh most intimidating opponent figured by our fans in the forum I frequent. I knew better.

Gibbs scares me. He is a notch above Holmgren. No way you win this game unless Gibbs plays a huge presence. Turnovers important too.

If we beat your overweening-with-false-pride fannies, we play in February. If we don't , I'm hanging my hat on the 'Skins.

You under-rate Hasselbeck.

You over-rate Alexander.

And most importantly, you assign your superiority to a tougher slate of opponents. You are thereby stretching.

Admit it, you are scared.

You have history on your side. We have sucked. You can't hide your angst about the outcome, yet, this year.

You score on special teams; we score on defense. 20-10 Hawks.

It will be bittersweet.....and if you have the option of facing off against the Cubs or Tarheels, it will only be because of Gibbs.

I seriously had no issues with the Hawks coming into this game. Then a sudden flood of ninnie trolls fell in here and soured me. I feel comments like "you have zero chance of winning" were either completely arrogant or completely retarded from a "rah rah" fan than someone who could present a valid argument. I had assumed that Seahawk posters wouldn't troll and when they did I would've thought they'd bring some knowledge with them.

Stacking 6 in the box?

fc56a814.gif

OK, back to the discussion. All the Hawks would have to do is beat us for them to earn my respect. It's just that simple. I actually already have alot of respect for what they have accomplished. It just seems that some of the trolls think that offense is all that matters and that they O does not line up across a D. As we have already seen defense has won 3 of the first 4 playoff games. It takes a great defense to win it all. This will be a very close game IMO. I'm hoping my team is on the winning end. The 49-17 predictions may be the most absurd things I've ever seen though.

I will admit that even though seattle has faced weak opponents it has easily handled most of them, which is what a good team is supposed to do. I think they are going to play tougher then they are out there this sat, for them everything is on the line. They loose this one and there is going to be hell to pay. They know that and will not stop hitting all four quarters, they will not be "soft" as some have said. I think it will come down to which defense can score or make the most big plays, my money is on our defense but anything can happen.

Go skins:cheers:

geez how much more "respect" you need?
I don't need any more respect. It's mostly just a question to try to understand the mentality of the Redskins fans who continue to make the claims listed above. If someone says the Hawks have to win four Super Bowls in the next five years and never win less than 10 games in a season for the next 10 years for the Hawks to earn any respect, then I know I can safely ignore them. :)
you're supposed to route us.....
I'm not up to date on all the latest "expert" picks, but I remember reading another thread where four out of six analysts picked the Skins against the spread. That doesn't sound to me like we are supposed to route you. Certainly none of the reasonable fans I am aware of are honestly predicting a route.
Dude, your team is SOFT!!!
ROFL! Made my day. :D
In this leauge if you can win, what 11 in a row, I dont care what type of schedule you have, you are a pretty damn good team.
Thanks for the props. It's nice to talk with reasonable fans.
But we are very confident because we have a top 5 defense that is relativly healthy for the first time all year.
As you should be. I'll be honest, this game has me scared. Not only are the Redskins very good (especially for a wildcard team), I've got too many years of Seahawk disappointments to ever feel confident about a game. I think I'd rather play the Bears, Panthers, Bronco, or Steelers than face the Skins when their O and D are clicking.
My prediction for this game is simple. If we keep your team under 24 we should win. Any more than that I think your team wins.
My prediction was surpsingly close. I think if we keep you to less than three touchdowns we win.

Slingin' Hash--

I think we beat you, but I don't think we cover the spread: Gibbs.

Nonetheless, we beat you.

Come hold my hand. Please bring me to the thread where the local faithful "recognize" that even Gibbs aura will still take a bit of monumental magic: in order for one lacking-major-SB-talent team to be able to overcome another-team-who-may-lack-SB-capability in the first, real round of the playoffs..at home.

When I was a kid at RFK, the stadium literally "rocked," moved under my feet. We're not there at Qwest yet, but we're definitely louder than your FedEx-version of pseudo-RFK.

Other than a late six game streak, your team does not have a whole lot to hang its hat on.....other than its history....and Gibbs.

If Portis and Moss are shut down----and I predict no more than one touchdown between them---who else wins this game? Cooley? Brunell? Hall? Taylor? you've got to be spittin' me....

Gibbs is your only chance.

A Gibbs' coached Hawks team would run roughshod over the Colts.

I feel comments like "you have zero chance of winning" were either completely arrogant or completely retarded...
Those comments are both arrogant and retarded.
I had assumed that Seahawk posters wouldn't troll and when they did I would've thought they'd bring some knowledge with them.
Ahh, all teams have more than their fair share of trolls, including the Seahawks. I expect the trolling to get worse for whichever teams continue deeper into the playoffs. Everyone comes out of the woodwork for winning teams.

As for knowledge, I certainly don't claim anything special there, but I do claim a good amount of common sense and objectivity. :D

I already respect the Seahawks. 13-3 means you took care of business, regardless of strength of schedule.

That said, the Seahawks' schedule was, statistically, the weakest schedule in the league. It ranks 32nd out of 32 teams. So the 13-3 isn't a perfect reflection of the Seahawks' capabilities.

I think that much of the anti-Seahawks sentiment seen on this board in the past week -- aside from the fact that we're playing the Seahawks in a few days -- has been more a reaction to the talking heads and trolls who have essentially been saying that the Redskins really shouldn't even bother showing up. It's a response to the ridiculousness of being 9 point underdogs when we've got the hottest win streak in the league.

The Redskins have a chip on their shoulders because they were counted out by many, and that chip has understandably created a chip on the shoulders of us, their fans.

So the Seahawks have respect, at least from me, and not just because I live a few miles from Seattle now. The Seahawks have been one of my B-teams since I was a kid. A team that I'll root for if it doesn't affect the Redskins negatively (the Packers, Steelers, and Pats are a few others). That said, I do think the Redskins will beat the Seahawks on Saturday, because I think we want it more. The Seahawks have not faced any real adversity this year. The Redskins have battled back from the brink, doing something that many people said they weren't capable of doing. Saturday's game presents their biggest "you can't" yet.

They've risen to the challenge for each of the past six weeks, and I see no reason why they shouldn't rise to the challenge this week, given the team's heart and its leadership.

contrary to Seahawks beliefs, most Skins fans.... at least Knowledgeable ones have giving the hawks "respect" I have said I'd rather play Chicago than Seattle, and stated several times this will be our toughest challenge.

Winning 11 in a row is impressive, yet having the easiest rated schedule makes it dubious at best, but if you can win against the best and toughest in the playoffs, it validates your season

As my bud Mexican Eggs put, most of the smack talk came as a result of Hawk fans trolling... and of course the media snubs... it tends to make you you somewhat defensive.

Respect is not given, respect is earned. The best way Seattle can get real respect is to shut up about "not getting respect", quit tooting their own horn... and play football beat some teams in the playoffs, make it to the super bowl, and Win it. Quit telling everyone how good you are, go out and prove it.

I for one have never claimed anything bad about Seattle, as a matter of fact I have no problem with them whatsoever. I'm not like a lot of fans that if they like the skins they automatically hate the rest of the NFL. I've acknowledged Seattle as a legitimate team for some time now, and I think they have the tools to go all the way.

That being said, I think this upcoming game is pretty even sided. Shawn Alexander is anything but soft, and should get credit for his accomplishments year in and year out. Stopping him is obviously the main objective, but Seattle's WR's can be a handful too. I'm not as worried about them because our secondary is healthy and ready to go. I expect our D to come out swinging and if our O can click, I think we can pull this one off. The outcome really could go either way and i'm expecting that.

I think that much of the anti-Seahawks sentiment seen on this board in the past week has been more a reaction to the talking heads and trolls who have essentially been saying that the Redskins really shouldn't even bother showing up.
That's just what the Hawks need.... the Redskins getting fired up due to media hype. I understand the frustration with the media; the Seahawks went most of the year being labelled pretenders. Even while demolishing the Eagles 42-0, Madden wondered if the Hawks were "that good" or the Eagle were "that bad."

Usually the media latches on to the team du jour and all hail them as the "next big thing." If I were King Of The World , I'd keep the Hawks out of the papers and off ESPN permanently. I doubt anything good can come out of being praised by the media.

Slingin' Hash--

Nonetheless, we beat you.

Come hold my hand. Please bring me to the thread where the local faithful "recognize" that even Gibbs aura will still take a bit of monumental magic: in order for one lacking-major-SB-talent team to be able to overcome another-team-who-may-lack-SB-capability in the first, real round of the playoffs..at home.

When I was a kid at RFK, the stadium literally "rocked," moved under my feet. We're not there at Qwest yet, but we're definitely louder than your FedEx-version of pseudo-RFK.

Other than a late six game streak, your team does not have a whole lot to hang its hat on.....other than its history....and Gibbs.

If Portis and Moss are shut down----and I predict no more than one touchdown between them---who else wins this game? Cooley? Brunell? Hall? Taylor? you've got to be spittin' me....

It's stuff like that, that makes you wanna smack down such non-intelligent arrogance. :doh:

Horse****!! I'm not doubting that Qwest is loud, but no way its as loud as FedEx. You're dreaming if you think that.

contrary to Seahawks [fans'] beliefs, most Skins fans.... at least Knowledgeable ones have giving the hawks "respect"
I don't doubt that for a second, but the knowledgeable ones haven't been the most vocal posters in the past several days. Hence, my question.
The best way Seattle can get real respect is to shut up about "not getting respect", quit tooting their own horn...
Err... that's the fans that had been complaining and tooting the Hawks horn, not the team. I'm curious about the team earning respect from other teams' fans.
...and play football beat some teams in the playoffs, make it to the super bowl, and Win it.
Is this to say if the Hawks made it to the SB and lost, they haven't earned any respect? Just curious.
Respect is not given, respect is earned.
I fully agree that the Hawks need to win this game to have any legitimate respect as a real contender. Generally consensus (after an extensive sampling of 1 fan) is that if the Hawks don't at least make it to the SB, the season as a whole will be a disappointment. If the Hawks win this game and lose the NFCCG, then I expect we would need to make the playoffs for several more years winning at least one or two games each year for anyone to acknowledge us as "real."
Respect will be earned IF the hawks cover the spread.....
*raises hand*

I claim an unfair standard! :D Betting lines are determined by public perception of the teams and expected betting patterns, not by any objective analysis of their relative strengths and weaknesses.

Horse****!! I'm not doubting that Qwest is loud, but no way its as loud as FedEx. You're dreaming if you think that.
Have you been to both stadiums when the fans were ratcheting up the noise? I have no idea which stadium is louder, but Qwest field has a design more conducive to directing noise to the field.

We only had 7 possessions in our first meeting due to us allowing you to convert 13-18 third downs. :( ! !

yet we still had over 350 yards and 5 of the 7 possessions ended in at least a FG attempt. (2 missed FG, 1 made, and 2 td drives 80 & 95 yds in the 4th FWIW) one drive consisted of running off 30 secs to attempt the winning FG which, unfortunately bounced off the upright.

If you don't convert 3rd downs like you did in our earlier game it could be a long day.. JMHO

I'm pulling for a hard fought no injury classic NFL game..

Cheers.

J.S.

Archived