Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pump Fakes

kevinklein

I realized today (while playing Madden, of course) that Brunell rarely, if ever, uses a pump fake.

We saw one against Tampa Bay on the fake WR screen to Moss, and Moss ended up wide open. Of course, Moss' openess could be credited to the unbelievable move he put on Barber, but that's besides the point.

Do you think Brunell might have an easier time finding recievers if he started incorporating the pump fake into his game plan?

Of course it's not something to think about for this year, but next year, if he's still playing.

I don't thin the pump fake would matter that much. I think some other WR's getting off their tail and getting involved in the game would help him.

He does, however, use the pump fake on that money play when he fakes the screen one way and then turns and throws it to Cooley!

I realized today (while playing Madden, of course) that Brunell rarely, if ever, uses a pump fake.

We saw one against Tampa Bay on the fake WR screen to Moss, and Moss ended up wide open. Of course, Moss' openess could be credited to the unbelievable move he put on Barber, but that's besides the point.

Do you think Brunell might have an easier time finding recievers if he started incorporating the pump fake into his game plan?

Of course it's not something to think about for this year, but next year, if he's still playing.

:doh:

Pretty sure that pump fakes are used as the play called deems to be. The usual suspect eing the double move or maybe the look,pump fake then pass somewhere else deal. Have seen both of those. Otherwise a wasted movement that takes that valuable second away from getting the ball out of there. Imho that is.

I don't thin the pump fake would matter that much. I think some other WR's getting off their tail and getting involved in the game would help him.

He does, however, use the pump fake on that money play when he fakes the screen one way and then turns and throws it to Cooley!

Ah yes! Forgot about that...that's a good play...and obviously the pump plays a big part in it!

Pretty sure that pump fakes are used as the play called deems to be. The usual suspect eing the double move or maybe the look,pump fake then pass somewhere else deal. Have seen both of those. Otherwise a wasted movement that takes that valuable second away from getting the ball out of there. Imho that is.

I'd agree with that.

But also, isn't the gibbs offense based on timing? So if we were to put more pump fakes in there, wouldn't it mess with the timing some?

Archived