Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No one has talked about this...

LaVarIsDaMan

Okay, it's known our offense is not the best in the league... (if you do think that, that is just a completely biased opinion :D )

It's also known that our defense is very physical, very stout, and will not give up more than the other team deserves... (sometimes even less than that)

So... what?

Does anyone else get more nervous than they should when we're about to return a punt? Antonio Brown is a fast ass mothalover but c'mon, this is the playoffs. We simply can not have an inconsistent punt returner when our defense is straight up simply stopping opposing offenses on 3rd downs.

So what's the solution?

Santana Moss.

Santana freakin Moss.

Remember last year in the playoffs, when he was on the Jets?

Punt return for a Td.

He's our big time playmaker and every team knows this. So what do they do? They double team him every single play. So get him some more touches in different ways. Such as punt returning, reverses, fake reverses, etc...

What about the chance of injuries you say? This is football people. On any given play any player can get injured. Let him go, let him be the big time playmaker we've learned to love. A big time punt return may even give him some bolstered confidence for some even more big plays. A big punt return could get the whole team siked up, especially our defense who most likely won't have to play on a short field.

Moss returned punts in the playoffs last year, didn't he? And returned one for a TD? Wasn't that against the Steelers?

Why the hell not? It's the playoffs, damnit. Gibbs would put Darrell Green back there in the playoffs. Why not Moss?

But yeah, this has been discussed...

I agree. I think Moss should be in as punt returner, and after Antonio Browns last performance I think he will. Its the playoffs so if an injury is of concern now then when is it not. Its a risk you run just playing the game but we need someone who wont fumble the ball when it really counts or not call a fair catch when he has the whole other team running at him. I think Brown is a bigger risk then Moss getting injured in his spot...

Okay, it's known our offense is not the best in the league... (if you do think that, that is just a completely biased opinion :D )

It's also known that our defense is very physical, very stout, and will not give up more than the other team deserves... (sometimes even less than that)

So... what?

Does anyone else get more nervous than they should when we're about to return a punt? Antonio Brown is a fast ass mothalover but c'mon, this is the playoffs. We simply can not have an inconsistent punt returner when our defense is straight up simply stopping opposing offenses on 3rd downs.

So what's the solution?

Santana Moss.

Santana freakin Moss.

Remember last year in the playoffs, when he was on the Jets?

Punt return for a Td.

He's our big time playmaker and every team knows this. So what do they do? They double team him every single play. So get him some more touches in different ways. Such as punt returning, reverses, fake reverses, etc...

What about the chance of injuries you say? This is football people. On any given play any player can get injured. Let him go, let him be the big time playmaker we've learned to love. A big time punt return may even give him some bolstered confidence for some even more big plays. A big punt return could get the whole team siked up, especially our defense who most likely won't have to play on a short field.

The solution is that if you had of used the search function, you would have found that this topic has already been covered to death and we didn't need a new thread started.

Capiche?

Hail!:point2sky

Wow...

I'm sorry for not searching for this subject. I remembered seeing someone talking about antonio brown and his troubles but didn't really see anyone talking about santana back there this week.

But the real matter at hand is why not? Why not have our most explosive player back there returning? Injuries? Gimme a break...

This is a contact sport, in case you didnt know. :silly:

Archived