Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playcalling

JerseySkinsFan1

I'd like to see a little mix up in the playcalling this week. Not exactly any scary trick plays but something of a change up. I thought bringing Sean Taylor in at WR during the Bears game was a good move. He can decoy some pressure off of Moss and/or open up some more running room for Portis. "Hail to the Redskins"

:gaintsuck

After last week I doubt Antonio Brown will be on the offense, or even returning punts for that matter. Thrash has a messed up hand and I doubt his catching ability will be 100%. That leaves Taylor Jacobs. Let's hope he has a break out game.

Give Antonio Brown a shot down field. He has the ability to out run the coverage. They just need to give him a shot.

I mentioned this yesterday on another thread but it's worth mentioning again. I read an article (Can't remember where) and it said that the Seahawks gave up around 2.2 yards per carry I believe on the left side of their D-Line and something like 6 yards per carry on the right side. (I might have the sides mixed up but you get it)

I'm sure that the coaches have done their homework and will exploit that. I look for Portis and or Betts to have monster games because of that. I would like to see Brunell spread it out more because Moss will be double covered. Sometimes I feel like he doesn't trust the other players to make a play other than Cooley. I'm not so worried about offense though as I am defense. I hope we can stop Alexander. If we do that, we'll be ok.

Give Antonio Brown a shot down field. He has the ability to out run the coverage. They just need to give him a shot.

I would like to see Moss and Brown both run go routes on opposite sides of the field just once. You have to believe one of them wouldn't have safety help and would be able to burn his corner. Max protect everyone else and let Cooley or Portis slip out delayed once the protection's set or if they drop everybody back.

I believe the playcalling against the Bucs was a product of the circumstances. Skins are up a quick 14, what now? You run the ball and control the clock. Alot has been made of the 123 yard total offense but you're up against the top defense in the league in a frenzied enemy stadium.

Seahawks did a good job on Portis in the first game. Historically, Gibbs has set up the playaction with running. He called this game the same way he always does - based on the down/yardage for first/defensive alignment. To me, the Tampa game was a chess match of field position, something which Gibbs is rarely beaten at.

If Seattle stuffs the line, I think Mr Gibbs will spread it out immediately. I remember back when the skins played against the Giants in 87, they packed the box with 8, the first play from scrimmage was a fleaflicker. That's Joe Gibbs.

Washington has a great shot at this game. Seattle is a very good team. I don't care how bad their division is. They have a stout defense, excellent RB and smart QB. We will have to control the clock. We dominated time of possesion in the first meeting. They can do it again.

We have been hoping for a Taylor Jacobs breakout game since he has been drafted, three years ago.

I am floored by the lack of his production ... he has not caught a ball in 4 weeks? I know it has been asked before but what is the deal? Is the man getting open? He doesn't touch the ball at all last week if Brunell isn't flushed out of the pocket and running for his life. 8th mystery of the world ...

Archived